Review Score Predictions

Started by Adam802, Sep 25, 2014, 02:59:42 AM

Author
Review Score Predictions (Read 9,701 times)

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Sep 28, 2014, 07:48:51 PM
Not really my point, but you are correct.

I know. I was just saying.

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Sep 28, 2014, 09:06:29 PM
God forbid we have a game where the alien is a credible threat for the first time in over a decade...

It's all about balance. If it's too difficult it becomes boring, frustrating and repetitive. Too easy and it's just a great movie ride through the set of the Nostromo.

Jango1201

Jango1201

Quote from: thecaffeinatedone on Sep 29, 2014, 01:38:47 AM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Sep 28, 2014, 09:06:29 PM
God forbid we have a game where the alien is a credible threat for the first time in over a decade...

It's all about balance. If it's too difficult it becomes boring, frustrating and repetitive. Too easy and it's just a great movie ride through the set of the Nostromo.

Personally I welcome an Alien thinking game with a truly unstoppable creature. How many times can you really outsmart a force born to kill.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Agreed.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Best sign so far that this game will be good is that fact that Creative Assembly has shared the game as a "work-in-progress" at events before it is released.  Gearbox did not have the confidence to do this with Colonial Marines because they were aware that fans would be upset.  From what I've observed, a lot of gamers that got a chance to play this already have been pleased with their experience.

My prediction is that most reviews will be favorable.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Many gamers played ACM too.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: WinterActual on Sep 29, 2014, 06:19:20 PM

Stop being so negative. Jesus.

Samus007

Samus007

8 to 8.5 range. No one has really had many negative things to say about this game really. A few things here and there, but (so far) nothing that might drag a score down into the 6 or so range. GameInformer wrote up an article not to long ago about the editor had played the first 8 or so hours of the game and really enjoyed it etc. My only fear is the story and the way the characters interact with one another, i really want a cinematic type experience but I doubt i'll get that based on what I have seen so far. Crosses fingers.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Why the humans turned against each other btw? If they all team up they can kill the xeno one way or another.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

You can't compare the little bits of multiplayer CM shared here and there with the hours of campaign and survivor mode Isolation has. It's obvious that Sega is trying to win us over with how open they've been with inviting people to play it.

I expect reviews to be released much earlier than CM as well.

newbeing

newbeing

The fact that the review embargo ends on Friday kind of indicates that Sega and CA have confidence in their product. Maybe it won't get the best reviews, but it sounds like it will be miles better than A:CMs reception.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

I'm assuming the irony of your screen name is not lost on you.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Sep 29, 2014, 07:53:27 PM

You can't compare the little bits of multiplayer CM shared here and there with the hours of campaign and survivor mode Isolation has. It's obvious that Sega is trying to win us over with how open they've been with inviting people to play it.

I expect reviews to be released much earlier than CM as well.

Exactly. Hardly anyone played ACM. It seems like EVERYONE and their chestburster has played AI.  ;)

Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest

As long as it's a 7 or higher, then I'm good.  I expect lower scores due more to a weak story if it's not good, but I have no idea how the story plays out.  The embargo lifting on Friday fills me with a lot of hope.

Jango1201

Jango1201

I'm confident this game will be a solid 8. Did gearbox ever have the A:CM campaign playable to the public or was it always the multiplayer?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed