Does it bother you the Alien leaves corpses everywhere?

Started by Xenoscream, Aug 14, 2014, 09:21:50 AM

Author
Does it bother you the Alien leaves corpses everywhere? (Read 7,582 times)

Xenoscream

In most cases the Aliens we know from the films like to take their victim away with them, sometimes alive sometimes not.

It bothers me a little bit that the AI Alien seems to just run around killing and then leave the corpses, from a game perspective I think it may have been much more impactful to see the Alien drag people away alive, kill the androids or even ignore them.

Imagine what a great scene it would be to finally wander into the place where it has taken everyone, and how horrifying that would be, in my mind better than finding a bunch of corpses all over the place.

The Necronoir

Well if it's taking victims away, what exactly would be left behind for you to see where it happened?

"No blood, no Dallas, nothin'"

Randomizer

Scratches on the doors , walls or if you can hurt it in some way , acid .

SM

Parker and Lambert were left.

As were Rains, Golic, Vincent, Eric, and someone dangling from a vent holding a torch.

It's hardly unprecedented.

Xenoscream

Quote from: The Necronoir on Aug 14, 2014, 10:22:55 AM
Well if it's taking victims away, what exactly would be left behind for you to see where it happened?

"No blood, no Dallas, nothin'"

Marks by small arms fire, barricades, half eaten doughnuts etc.

Also the people that are left alive if attacked could be dragged away, which I think would actually be scarier than just seeing them impaled and then the Alien wandering off. Or just mix it up a bit.

Quote from: SM on Aug 14, 2014, 11:02:59 AM

As were Rains, Golic, Vincent, Eric, and someone dangling from a vent holding a torch.

True, but the opposite also occurs and a lot more often if you count all of the colonists. I just feel that having corpses all over the place just doesn't feel right for an Alien theme, now if all of these corpses are results of survivors coming into conflict I could buy it more easily.

SM

Do we know that there are "corpses all over the place"?

PsyKore

I think a balance would be good. Have some mangled bodies here and there, but it would also be cool to see the Alien snatch people into vents or grab them from the ceiling and pull them up. Stuff like that.

LastSurvivor92

Thats why we got the Cocoon Scene in the Director's Cut of Alien.

Space7Horror

Does anyone think we will get a cocoon scene in this game? From what I have seen so far the ship looks pretty big so its not like the Alien killed everyone and left their body's.  It's possible most of the crew abandoned ship after the alien got aboard unless its like the Nostromo with little crew in the first place.

WinterActual

You are not seeing it through the right eyes. Think of this if you were a developer - do you know how much work on animating, scripting and rigging is needed to develop a system where an AI controlled alien is supposed to drag bodies on its own? In non scripted event? A LOT! And if they leave it just to the ragdoll system, it will cause great lulz all the time. Besides, think of the performance impact with all the bodies and body parts around the place which are not static object. Also the cluster f**k of bodies in the xeno's den or whatever the AI will store the bodies, will kill your CPU bad.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: Xenoscream on Aug 14, 2014, 11:54:35 AM
Quote from: SM on Aug 14, 2014, 11:02:59 AM

True, but the opposite also occurs and a lot more often if you count all of the colonists. I just feel that having corpses all over the place just doesn't feel right for an Alien theme, now if all of these corpses are results of survivors coming into conflict I could buy it more easily.

In Aliens, there was a Queen churning out eggs, and a sizeable hive to support. As Alien's alien only stashed half of its 4 victims, and Alien 3's alien leaves a trail of bodies (and does quite a bit of what appears to be eating), it seems like the abduction-per-alien ratio is fairly low.

Would indeed be cool if we could come across the xeno's secret stash at some point, though.

PRI. HUDSON

OMFG, so much NITPICKING.

Did OP watch any of the films?

Xenoscream

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Aug 17, 2014, 05:17:18 AM

No I just happen to be a member of a fan forum.

High value post there, thanks for your contribution, very insightful.

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Xenoscream on Aug 17, 2014, 12:17:25 PM

Go watch Alien 3 and see how many bodies were left behind. Go watch Alien, see how many bodies were left behind.

Does the Alien take people away often? Yes. Does the Alien do it ALL the time, every time? No.

Xenoscream

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Aug 17, 2014, 04:32:21 PM
Quote from: Xenoscream on Aug 17, 2014, 12:17:25 PM

Go watch Alien 3 and see how many bodies were left behind. Go watch Alien, see how many bodies were left behind.

Does the Alien take people away often? Yes. Does the Alien do it ALL the time, every time? No.

I'm glad you're here to help me out. I'd never noticed that before. So I should skip Aliens and Alien R then?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed