20th Century Fox 2017 Showcase Event

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 08, 2016, 08:24:11 AM

Author
20th Century Fox 2017 Showcase Event (Read 70,023 times)

SM

SM

Quote from: locusta on Jan 19, 2017, 08:10:08 PM
Quote from: SM on Jan 19, 2017, 07:38:49 PM
"and it's revealed that The Covenant is carrying 200 colonists"

Oh well - that's an interesting bit of info I'll not be burdened with finding out when I watch the film the first time...

No, it reads: The Covenant of the title is a colony ship, which
Spoiler
carries 2,000 cryo-frozen souls
[close]

200, 2000, either way - they really oughta have a function where one could put spoilers behind some sort of tag or something...

Corporal Hicks

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=55868.0

It should all be on here.

Quote from: SM on Jan 19, 2017, 08:19:19 PM
200, 2000, either way - they really oughta have a function where one could put spoilers behind some sort of tag or something...

Appologies, SM.

426Buddy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 19, 2017, 08:19:42 PM
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=55868.0

It should all be on here.

Quote from: SM on Jan 19, 2017, 08:19:19 PM

Appologies, SM.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 19, 2017, 07:55:57 PM
I hope 200 is a true number, then my paranoid theory about the colonists being turned into the eggs on the derelict is completely false. ;D ;)

Oh boy the paranoia is coming back lol.

lv_226

I've stayed true to my mandate of avoiding spoilers. It makes me sad, as Enoch and Hicks pointed out elsewhere on this thread, that a lot of the film appears to have been leaked already. Old LV_226 would jump at the opportunity of spoilers, but I *want* to be surprised, I want to feel *excited* about this film. The red-band trailer re-assured me that the visuals were going to be amazing, the set-design would be impeccable, the casting would be top-notch, and that some interesting avenues would be pursued. However, I can't help but feel just slightly underwhelmed. Enoch pointed out above that apparently we will find resolution to some of the plot-points leftover from Prometheus—namely those dealing with Shaw and the Engineers—I hope that these are executed well because those elements add something worthwhile, IMO, to the franchise.

locusta

Sorry guys, I thought the nr. was already in the main article. My bad.

Corporal Hicks

It was me, locusta. You have nothing to apologise for.

SiL

SiL

It's a colony ship. It's obviously carrying people. Complaining about finding out the number is like complaining about finding out exactly how much ore the Nostromo was towing :-\

SM

SM

Quote from: SiL on Jan 19, 2017, 08:42:28 PM
It's a colony ship. It's obviously carrying people. Complaining about finding out the number is like complaining about finding out exactly how much ore the Nostromo was towing :-\

I had no idea how many people it was carrying apart from the crew we know about.
It seems the basic courtesy of spoiler tags - or putting a spoiler note on the thread title - is asking too much.

echobbase79

Did the 4Chann guy even enjoy the movie?

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 19, 2017, 08:15:18 PM
Quote from: Enoch on Jan 19, 2017, 08:10:11 PM
Screening are something normal,yes, but there are rules and protocols.
FOX showed the movie to some unusual test audience, and now the whole audience (general audience)
know every bit of the movie. Dont tell me its not like that because it is. I could make a video explaining the whole movie before its official release  and almost critical number of alien fans and overall audience will most probably  see that video If post it on Youtube.

Fans will go to the film regardless, everyone else won't care enough to follow every drop of news or read spoilers about the film.

That's true. Only some die-hard fans read spoilers. Everyone else don't bother. I've read them and I cannot wait to see the movie.

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 19, 2017, 09:39:56 PM

Yes.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 19, 2017, 09:39:56 PM

Spoiler free impressions from the 4Chan Guy:

Quote"Rough cut looked good. Mostly practical stuff, real sets and on location filming. Just like Prometheus. I liked it fine, it was pretty spooky/intense. Cinematography, set design, costumes, and everything looked great. I liked the locale of this film more. The forest setting was more interesting than the dull desert of Prometheus imo

I felt the pacing was a little off, and it moved fast in places but I guess those are my only complaints "

BishopShouldGo

Does he mention anything about the moving being challenging, cerebral or ambitious like Prometheus? Can you dissect Covenant for hours afterwards? Probably not huh? It's probably going to be a straightforward action-horror film huh?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on Jan 19, 2017, 08:55:10 PM
I had no idea how many people it was carrying apart from the crew we know about.
It seems the basic courtesy of spoiler tags - or putting a spoiler note on the thread title - is asking too much.
Again, how does this actually spoil anything? Would knowing the exact towing capacity of the Nostromo have spoiled that movie, even if you didn't know beforehand that its refinery actually had ore in it?

426Buddy

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 19, 2017, 09:51:53 PM
Does he mention anything about the moving being challenging, cerebral or ambitious like Prometheus? Can you dissect Covenant for hours afterwards? Probably not huh? It's probably going to be a straightforward action-horror film huh?

I didn't think Prometheus was challenging or cerebral (It wanted to be but failed imo) but I'll give you ambitious.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 19, 2017, 09:51:53 PM

The general gist I got was no, it's more like Aliens in tone and less philosophizing than in Prometheus.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed