ACM at Comic-Con 2012

Started by ikarop, Jul 05, 2012, 11:32:38 PM

Author
ACM at Comic-Con 2012 (Read 34,595 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

QuoteHowever, the acidic blood would not affect players in the campaign because it proved too frustrating and took a lot of the 'fun factor' from the game when "seven dead aliens would bottleneck players & kill them."

Wow...this is the most horrific thing I have read about this game so far. Nope, not even going to bother with this now, first the story completely ignores the damn nuking...then it says that it will make Alien 3 better? Then we get crappy gameplay...and now this? f**k...

Predaker

Predaker

Will the marines be able to upgrade their gear and acquire squeaky toys to distract the aliens? Like the monkey bombs in black ops zombies.

chupacabras acheronsis

why don't they just give you the ability to, i don't know, jump over the f**king bodies?

WickerMan

WickerMan

Gearbox is just making a huge mistake dumbing the game down for a broader audience. Look at Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, a game originally aimed at the ArmA community, fans of sims and the like. But instead they dummed the game down to Call of Duty levels, now not even the fanbase wants anything to do with it, let alone Call of Duty players. In the long run, it's far more lucrative to advertise for hardcore fans, because the hardcore fans will play the game a lot longer than a guy who rents the game just for kicks and giggles. Look at the ArmA forums and see how dedicated the users are, now thats how this game should have been handled. Now they screwed over the fans too. I just don't know why they'd go and do something like this.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

They should just dumb down the difficulty of the xenomorphs, and make the acid blood affect the player in order to make up for dumbing down the difficulty...everyone wins.

So much for f**king delaying this game a billion times in order to get things right, so far they keep getting things wrong, and this is just the biggest example yet.

SM

SM

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jul 17, 2012, 12:21:20 AM
why don't they just give you the ability to, i don't know, jump over the f**king bodies?

:laugh:

Predaker

Predaker

"Wow, ALIENS! They have acid for blood!"

"Not in this game."

"What?"

"Hush now. This is canon."

SM

SM

WE R DA TRU ALIUNZ SEEKWUL lolz

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jul 17, 2012, 12:10:16 AM

Wow...this is the most horrific thing I have read about this game so far. Nope, not even going to bother with this now, first the story completely ignores the damn nuking...then it says that it will make Alien 3 better? Then we get crappy gameplay...and now this? f**k...

GBX is creating a game that addresses some of the problems that they personally have with Aliens.  Apparently, they're pissed about Drake getting killed off by acid so early in the film that they were compelled to change the whole dynamic of the xeno's biology.  This is also why they're  giving us a skin for Drake instead of Vasquez even though Vasquez is a much more significant character in the original story.  Not only are they sexist but they are also changing the xenomorph into a less threatening versions of earth mammals.  The crusher runs and behaves like a rhino and the "regular" xenos run like baboons.  Watch the gameplay videos and you'll see what I mean.

Only true fans appreciate Aliens as a legitimate film in the series that shouldn't be tampered with.  If I hated Aliens, this is the kind of game I'd make.

But who am I kidding...I'm still going to buy the collector's version of this on the day it comes out.  Why?  Because I'm a casual gamer with a busy work schedule who doesn't have time to be hardcore.  I'm in it for the "fun" factor that GBX is betting on for this game.  Calling it canon at this point would just make it a painful experience so I'm just going to pretend that A:CM is a mod for some unreleased fps shooter that circulated around escaped zoo animals on the moon in the future.  One thing that I'm still certain about however is that A:CM will still be better written than Prometheus (which isn't saying much but keeps me curious once I accept it for what it is).

Hopefully with all of these considerations, the game will still be fun and worth the purchase that I am already certain I will make.
8)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Predaker on Jul 17, 2012, 01:01:38 AM
How many sacrifices must be made in the name of "fun?"

Acid blood - non existent in the campaign, even on the hardest difficulty setting it seems. (Will we even be allowed to adjust difficulty?)

Scripted deaths - If your marine is fast enough, you can interrupt the xenos from attacking your buddies with Judo Chop! If not, the aliens become immune to finish their dirty work.

The Crusher - ZOMG!

Hadley's Hope - it survived.

Red dots - On the motion tracker?

Customize your marine - Just don't pick a female character.

Smartgun - No, you can't be that marine but you will get the chance to be killed by campers while seeking this weapon.

Aliens sixth sense - makes stuff glow like cliche gaming pickups.

Actual vents for the Aliens - No, but you can teleport through glowing holes in the walls.

Alien life cycle in multiplayer - Not happening. Have fun with team deathmatch and last stand.

Hardcore gameplay - M.I.A. (Missing In Action)

ALIENS: Colonial Marines - Canon

This is exactly what I have against the game.

Nutlink

Nutlink

I'm sorely tempted to cancel my preorder and wait for the inevitable Duke Nukem Forever pricing on this within 6 months of it's release.  I don't mind if they had the option to turn off acid damage or turn on red dots on the motion tracker, but to have it all forced because it's their idea of what's more "fun" means that my definition of "fun" gets ignored.

I'm sure it will be a fine game, but it's definitely not looking like the Aliens experience I was hoping for when it was announced over 5 years ago.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Nutlink on Jul 17, 2012, 02:38:37 AM
but it's definitely not looking like the Aliens experience I was hoping for when it was announced over 5 years ago.

This is exactly what I am feeling right now about this game.

SM

SM

I don't envision ever playing multiplayer so any stuff confined to that won't affect me personally.  No matter how stupid it might be.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Ash 937 on Jul 17, 2012, 01:31:11 AM
The crusher runs and behaves like a rhino and the "regular" xenos run like baboons.

Quote from: Ash 937 on Jul 17, 2012, 01:31:11 AM
Calling it canon at this point would just make it a painful experience so I'm just going to pretend that A:CM is a mod for some unreleased fps shooter that circulated around escaped zoo animals on the moon in the future.

Finally, the true sequel we've been waiting for.

Even if I had any faith left, GBX's horribly retarded explanations for why they did these things safely remove every remaining trace.  Very excited for the latest product to fuel my cynical hatred of the entire world.

I recant the positive things I've said in the past.  I was an old man and a fool, and I'm sorry.  Gearbox is on the forefront of pioneering incredible new ways to fail. :laugh:

I do like most of their games, but I think they went AvP:R on this one.  Pitchford spent a bit too much time squealing like a girl over the welded pulse-rifles on the power loader.

"Oh yeah baby, you see that?  That's the real deal right there.  Yeah... yeah baby.  You like that?  f**king Aliens man, there it is.  Look at it."

"Look at it."

SM

SM

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed