NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 815,322 times)

cyperon

cyperon

Quote from: windebieste on Jul 30, 2016, 11:08:29 PM
After seeing what NECA did with the Mantis Alien, I'm hoping for a complete redesign of the Scorpion Alien.  Hell, what I am envisaging is an 8 legged biomechanical centaur with chelae instead of arms and a curved tail that terminates in a wicked curved barb.  The Galaxy's nastiest arachnid!

Let's see that hit the shelves, NECA!

-Windebieste.

That would be sweet! I love the new Mantis Alien. That one is probably my favorite of the Kenner line. Still have mine, but need to find the minicomic again. I would love to see a redesign of the flying queen also. The crab alien would be cool too.

A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus

A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus

After seeing what NECA did with the Mantis Alien, I'm hoping for a complete redesign of the Scorpion Alien.  Hell, what I am envisaging is an 8 legged biomechanical centaur with chelae instead of arms and a curved tail that terminates in a wicked curved barb.  The Galaxy's nastiest arachnid!

Let's see that hit the shelves, NECA!

-Windebieste.

We already kinda have a figure like that:

windebieste

windebieste

For sure and I agree - up to a point.  That's Kenner's old Crab Alien - and I'm sure NECA will bring one of them to the table as well. 

My issue is the morphology of the original Kenner Products Scorpion Alien wasn't really that much different from yer standard xeno.  It was a bipedal Alien, basically.  To really embrace the scorpion theme as a redesign more scorpion like features would be very welcome.  Scorpions like all arachnids have 8 legs.  They also have a pair of claws much like crabs do so I guess they will share a familiar body shape if translated into Alien form. 

Except Scorpions also have the long tail that crabs lack. 

Then again if they wanted to make a figure inspired by other crustaceans with long tails, NECA could also make a 'Lobster Alien'  - but that's just being completely silly, huh.    :laugh:

-Windebieste.

SiL

SiL

Finally got around to taking some decent shots of the Alien and Predator from Neca's AvP two-set remake. I have never liked Neca's Big Chap's neck and profile but it sure as hell photographs all purty like.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus on Jul 30, 2016, 08:18:12 PM
Will Neca release a Scorpion Alien figure or should we just use the brown warrior alien figure to represent him?
It shouldn't be hard to do, even if they took the lowest-effort approach they could just change up the back spines, the arms from the elbows down, the legs from the knees down, and the tail.

cyperon

cyperon

As much as I love the insect/arachnid hybrid concepts, it always bugged me imagining a facehugger attaching itself to something like a crab or a preying mantis. Was it ultimately Kenner who created the idea of genetic assimilation with the host of a chestburster? Or does that originate from Alien 3? I do know that before the Kenner line, the first AvP comics had most of the aliens being bred from the cattle-like Rhynth species, and those xenos were the humanoid warrior variety, although it would have been very interesting for those to have been more like the Kenner bull or rhino aliens.

A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus

A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus

Quote from: cyperon on Jul 31, 2016, 04:48:09 PM
As much as I love the insect/arachnid hybrid concepts, it always bugged me imagining a facehugger attaching itself to something like a crab or a preying mantis. Was it ultimately Kenner who created the idea of genetic assimilation with the host of a chestburster? Or does that originate from Alien 3? I do know that before the Kenner line, the first AvP comics had most of the aliens being bred from the cattle-like Rhynth species, and those xenos were the humanoid warrior variety, although it would have been very interesting for those to have been more like the Kenner bull or rhino aliens.

The idea of DNA assimilation has been there since the first film, according to Ridley Scott. And if it helps, according to the mini comics they're not literally facehugging prey mantises or crabs or socrpions, just large aliens species that superficially look like them.

cyperon

cyperon

Quote from: A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus on Jul 31, 2016, 05:06:49 PM

The idea of DNA assimilation has been there since the first film, according to Ridley Scott. And if it helps, according to the mini comics they're not literally facehugging prey mantises or crabs or socrpions, just large aliens species that superficially look like them.

I need to read the minicomics again. I haven't since I was a kid. Easily, one could imagine that the mantis, arachnid, swarm, etc. breeds could even have been formed in a host of another species of oversized bugs that would populate a planet where environmental and evolutionary circumstances have allowed for animals like that to exist.

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

That thing coming out of the crab alien's chest looks a little like a Hammerpede!

windebieste

windebieste

There's a much more ...um... 'credible' way these oddities could exists.  They could be the results of controlled and deliberate experimentation.

Let's say that a laboratory is set up to study Aliens.  Say, something like the one aboard the Auriga.  We know that Aliens take characteristics from their hosts - but hosts can contribute in other ways? 

Already in our time can extract DNA from whatever animal we want.  Say, a rhino, bull, snake, crab or scorpion... take you pick.  Take that DNA sample and inject it directly into the hugger through the egg wall.

We already know that the facehugger specifically fits to a human head so we then allow a human host to be implanted with the hybrid embryo.

The gestation and birthing process may then continue to its completion and the chestburster emerges from the host but instead of growing to become an Alien we have seen in the movies, it adopts the morphology and other characteristics of the DNA that was introduced during the egg stage of its life cycle. 

The result being the oddities we see in the form of the Kenner/NECA interpretations. 

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I am really curious about this myself. It wasn't exactly a wildly different design. I think I'd be more interested if they replicated the explosion. Somehow.

Quote from: SiL on Jul 31, 2016, 11:41:25 AM
Finally got around to taking some decent shots of the Alien and Predator from Neca's AvP two-set remake. I have never liked Neca's Big Chap's neck and profile but it sure as hell photographs all purty like.

https://c5.staticflickr.com/9/8181/28053389924_61c5593c25.jpg
https://c2.staticflickr.com/9/8769/28670647705_9795106609.jpg
https://c6.staticflickr.com/9/8894/28054474693_9b12e5bd08.jpg

Those sure are pretty. I miss seeing all the various figure photography.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 25, 2016, 07:37:27 PM
Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jul 24, 2016, 05:34:49 PM
And they'll be doing the Kenner Marines as well.

Those should be fun to see!

I still need to pick up the Alien Day Ripley.

Found 2 of these at London Film and Comic Con and the Mrs brought me one. I know she doesn't have the proper flamethrower but I still like it.  :)

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I'm trying to decide between the Grey variant Dog Alien or the Brown variant Dog Alien. I think I'm leaning towards the Grey one but I'm still not sure. Never thought Alien 3 would cause me this much of a dilemma

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Deathbearer on Aug 01, 2016, 07:04:52 PM
I'm trying to decide between the Grey variant Dog Alien or the Brown variant Dog Alien. I think I'm leaning towards the Grey one but I'm still not sure. Never thought Alien 3 would cause me this much of a dilemma
The brown is the same as Series 3, in case that sways your decision.

Looking at them in person side by side in the package, brown is glossy. Grey is not. Otherwise can't tell the difference.

A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus

A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus

So guys the stand for my Dog Alien broke :-(

Specifically the C-clamp the clamps to the actual figure. Any chance NECA will send me a replacement?

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus on Aug 02, 2016, 04:17:45 PM
So guys the stand for my Dog Alien broke :-(

Specifically the C-clamp the clamps to the actual figure. Any chance NECA will send me a replacement?
Yes. Contact Customer Support through Twitter. https://twitter.com/NECA_CS

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed