Moments in AVP:R That Made You Cringe/Laugh

Started by The Runner, Apr 06, 2019, 07:47:42 PM

Author
Moments in AVP:R That Made You Cringe/Laugh (Read 42,666 times)

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 12, 2019, 01:06:35 PM
It's the DNA Reflex. And the Yautja host DNA is so much more dominant, much more than humans and other hosts, that Predaliens become a hybrid of the two, i.e. the Predator DNA exerts a greater influence over the Alien species than other species.

That's something about Predaliens they imply on AVP2.

Quote from: The Runner on Apr 12, 2019, 06:48:03 AM
By that logic if the Predalien egg barfs from it's host reproduce orfice then that means the "Queen" in Aliens had a schlong and forced some unwilling colonists to give it BJ's.  :P

Did you just assume the Queen's genitals?

The Kurgan

Et tu, AvP2 ?

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Samhain13 on Apr 12, 2019, 02:09:34 PM
It's the DNA Reflex. And the Yautja host DNA is so much more dominant, much more than humans and other hosts, that Predaliens become a hybrid of the two, i.e. the Predator DNA exerts a greater influence over the Alien species than other species.

https://i.imgur.com/LTmWJRi.png

https://i.imgur.com/PUqTZ6z.png

Yep, based on what we saw in AvPR, I can groove to that!

The Runner

As much as I loved AvP2, the predalien design was absolutely horrific  :P

Wysps

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 12, 2019, 02:20:48 PM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Apr 12, 2019, 02:09:34 PM

https://i.imgur.com/LTmWJRi.png

https://i.imgur.com/PUqTZ6z.png

Yep, based on what we saw in AvPR, I can groove to that!

Interesting.  Predator genetic material is strong enough to exert dominance over Alien fetal development, and genetically more enticing for the Aliens to inadvertently favor them over humans (a possibility), yet the Predators are coveting human genetic material.  What a convoluted love triangle  :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Wysps on Apr 12, 2019, 06:00:18 PM
Interesting.  Predator genetic material is strong enough to exert dominance over Alien fetal development, and genetically more enticing for the Aliens to inadvertently favor them over humans (a possibility), yet the Predators are coveting human genetic material.

Shhhh. We don't talk about that movie. Shane Black confirmed it's not all Predators... dammit!!!  ;D

QuoteWhat a convoluted love triangle  :laugh:

The company covets the Alien. David created the Alien. The company created David.

;D

Wysps

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 12, 2019, 06:35:39 PM
Interesting.  Predator genetic material is strong enough to exert dominance over Alien fetal development, and genetically more enticing for the Aliens to inadvertently favor them over humans (a possibility), yet the Predators are coveting human genetic material.

Shhhh. We don't talk about that movie. Shane Black confirmed it's not all Predators... dammit!!!  ;D

The company covets the Alien. David created the Alien. The company created David.

;D

It's the conspiracy of the century!  :o :D

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Wysps on Apr 12, 2019, 09:48:21 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 12, 2019, 06:35:39 PM

;D

It's the conspiracy of the century!  :o :D

I think we're on to something huge! Keep digging!

Samhain13

Complete cringe was the whole pizza delivery scene. It was straight out of a stereotypical high school movie. I removed it last time I watched the movie and it doesn't make any difference, since Ricky explains the scene afterwards to Dallas. Better be left offscreen.

Huggs

Quote from: Samhain13 on Apr 17, 2019, 05:15:28 PM
Complete cringe was the whole pizza delivery scene. It was straight out of a stereotypical high school movie. I removed it last time I watched the movie and it doesn't make any difference, since Ricky explains the scene afterwards to Dallas. Better be left offscreen.
Gotta give the pizza delivery boys in the audience something to relate to.

Samhain13

Well pizza delivery boys have been unfairly underrepresented in the series. AVPR was truly ahead of its time.

Voodoo Magic

#TeamPizzaScene

The Cruentus

There is a number of things in that...."movie" that can either be considered cringy or laughable and perhaps both.

1. Predator having no concept of gun safety aboard a spaceship and fires not once but twice, causing the ship to crash. Also had he actually hit the Predalien, the acid could have done the same (assuming the ship is not acid proof)
2. The father and son, running towards the crashsite instead of getting help immediatly (granted I can forgive a little curiosity and the father did intend to call the sheriff.)
3. Buddy tapping the ship with his gun, I might be alone here but I just don't see the point in it other than its a cliched way to be curious about something.
4. Buddy not taking his jacket off immediately, he had a good second or so warning once his jacket smoked. Also his reaction to having his arm melted off seemed understated. I haven't witnessed anyone getting severely burnt either by fire or acid but I would imagine it would be painful enough for you to scream at the top of your lungs, especially if your limb was being melted off.
5. The chestburster scene, previous versions have been somewhat plausibly with the creature taking time to punch through the sternum, here it pops out in like two "punches" for a lack of  better term. Buddy's body must be very soft, like plasticine or something.
6.Facehugger scene in the sewers, the first one has an interesting way of it happening, what with it coming out of the water but the way it subdues them is unusually quick even if they are chemically sedated.
The second homeless guy even seems to just let it happen, he grabs it and holds it back but instead of getting a tense scene like in Aliens where Ripley was literally fighting with everything she had and was actually choking, the homeless man just  seems to let go after seeing the warrior. One could make the arguement he was choked out as I remember the hugger being close enough that the tail was around his neck but he didn't seem to be  choking, what with the ability to make yelling noises.
7. The predalien knocking the other alien back, just seems out of place. The species are usually very cooperative to the point Ripley uses them to demonstrate how bad Burke was. "You're don't see them f***ing eachother over for a goddamn perecentage"
8. The sewer fight scene, could have been good but it was just sad for many reasons, nerfed aliens, incompetent predator.
9. Spine ripping scene, unnecessary and silly coming from a non-sapient species. It serves no purpose other than to assume the audience needs more proof that its a predalien.
10. Which brings me to the skinning of Ray, this was just stupid.
11. The Predator not acting the self destruct device when the ship crashed.
12. Wolf not activating his (when it still worked) when it became clear the situation was beyond his control (thanks to him making the situation worse a few times)
13. The super fast search party. I might be overreacting here but I thought police only consider someone missing after 24hours. (scratch that, I just remembered they found Buddy's melted off arm early in the movie)

Because this list getting too long, I might condense a few things into one section.
14. Wolf's behavior, he causes a blackout, he kills a man in a cemetary for no reason (don't bother justifying that with "armed person" he was on a clean up mission not a human hunt and the human was not even aware of him or a threat to him, wolf once just goes off mission for trivial reasons)
Took his time in taking his mask off against what is essential and animal which brings me to...
15. The predalien...just the predalien, nearly if not everything about it. The egg barfing, the waiting patiently for opponent to take equipment off, skinning and taking spines.
16. Most if not all the human characters. I think other members here already used the dialogue as examples.
17. You know what, just most of the movie really.

SM

Hicks, Drake, Vasquez and Christie didn't really scream at the top of their lungs from acid.

Huggs

The guy in the cemetery was armed and acting in a loud and threatening manner.

Sure wolf could leave him alone, but what if he runs into the guy later and he spoils an ambush or something?

Predators don't care about humans, even less so when they are armed. The man's behavior could've attracted unwanted attention of other humans or the aliens. He was visibly angry, panicking, making noise and armed. That wolf plugged him is no surprise. He would've killed Kelly if she had picked up the gun, he made that message clear. Wolf was in no mood for that crap.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed