Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 715,351 times)

judge death

judge death

Well Ripley isnt a marine so the question is if she knew how all systems and stuff worked on Sulaco and Hicks seems unable to help much since he is seen knocked out ever since they left the planet. Bishop might could had instructed her but depends if he worked like he should or maybe Ripley took him to the cryotubes after the battle?

But yes as you say: The ship systems even noticed movements of alien creatures onboard and Bishop should had noticed it, I´m thinking if the ship should had started an alarm and awakened the crew or if it just register movement and dont do anything?

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: StrangeShape on Feb 20, 2014, 05:59:28 PM
Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 20, 2014, 05:56:47 PM
Quote from: StrangeShape on Feb 20, 2014, 05:44:59 PM
Thing is, there would be no way Ripley would be so dumb not to search or more so scan the dropship or the entire ship for life forms for more stow aways after finding out the Queen hitched a ride. Dropship would be scanned inch by inch first and foremost before anything else

Considering the entirety of A3, looked like she fvcked up.

I love Alien 3 but it made her look like its her fault for absolute, complete idiocy. A3 showed that Sulacos computer could detect another life form on board. How or why on Earth she or even Bishop would NOT check the dropship if anything else hid in there, nevermind the whole ship before calling it a day

So do I.
But every film has flaws to varying degrees.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 20, 2014, 06:18:22 PM
Thing is, there would be no way Ripley would be so dumb not to search or more so scan the dropship or the entire ship for life forms for more stow aways after finding out the Queen hitched a ride. Dropship would be scanned inch by inch first and foremost before anything else

I love Alien 3 but it made her look like its her fault for absolute, complete idiocy. A3 showed that Sulacos computer could detect another life form on board. How or why on Earth she or even Bishop would NOT check the dropship if anything else hid in there, nevermind the whole ship before calling it a day

So do I.

That's right, and while Alien 3 may have more logic holes than the first two, I personally was never bothered by egg on Sulaco or just about anything, the feel, great music, vibe and the story/drama of the film took me in without thinking about those things

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: StrangeShape on Feb 20, 2014, 06:24:34 PM
Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 20, 2014, 06:18:22 PM

So do I.

That's right, and while Alien 3 may have more logic holes than the first two, I personally was never bothered by egg on Sulaco or just about anything, the feel, great music, vibe and the story/drama of the film took me in without thinking about those things

I feel the same, the bad special effects are all that takes me out of it now-a-days.
Other than that in feel the film is purely masterful, I don't understand why Resurrection was needed.
It wasn't a movie to think about or interpret but it was purely emotional.
The opposite of Prometheus in many ways and guess what? I love both.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

The Sulaco and everything within is a lot of area for one adult and child to cover,Bishop,torn in half and Hicks out of action would be of little help.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 20, 2014, 06:30:02 PM

I feel the same, the bad special effects are all that takes me out of it now-a-days.
Other than that in feel the film is purely masterful, I don't understand why Resurrection was needed.

Oh, don't get me started on Resurrection, I hate, absolutely hate that movie with passion more than any other, I don't know if its because its so idiotic or because I for me its a murderer of a perfect masterful trilogy (imo)

Quote from: Elmazalman on Feb 20, 2014, 06:35:59 PM

The Sulaco and everything within is a lot of area for one adult and child to cover,Bishop,torn in half and Hicks out of action would be of little help.

Nobody said they would have to go around with flashlights. As A3 showed, a simple Sulaco computer scan of the ship would detect an alien lifeform onboard

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

What was your opinion on Prometheus?

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 20, 2014, 07:40:05 PM
What was your opinion on Prometheus?

I recognize its very lacking but I like it. Maybe Im not thrilled about what Jockeys turned out to be, but I like it. It has this 50s scifi look with suit designs etc, and a classic horror cliffhanger at the very end

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: StrangeShape on Feb 20, 2014, 07:34:21 PM
Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 20, 2014, 06:30:02 PM

Oh, don't get me started on Resurrection, I hate, absolutely hate that movie with passion more than any other, I don't know if its because its so idiotic or because I for me its a murderer of a perfect masterful trilogy (imo)

Quote from: Elmazalman on Feb 20, 2014, 06:35:59 PM

Nobody said they would have to go around with flashlights. As A3 showed, a simple Sulaco computer scan of the ship would detect an alien lifeform onboard
Yet they still went into hyper sleep.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Which makes them look completely stupid. "Hey, a giant Queen just hid in our dropship, surely we have to activate the scan of the ship to see if and what else came here with us! Plus its the queen, she might've laid an egg or maybe more aliens are inside...nah, lets just go to sleep"

SM

SM

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 20, 2014, 04:09:54 PM
Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 20, 2014, 04:04:56 PMI honestly believe that there's no reason to believe that the egg was on the Sulaco.
Except it says 'SULACO' quite clearly on the bulkhead the Egg is attached to...

The APC had Sulaco painted on it as well.

stephen

stephen

Quote from: SM on Feb 20, 2014, 10:25:41 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 20, 2014, 04:09:54 PM
Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 20, 2014, 04:04:56 PMI honestly believe that there's no reason to believe that the egg was on the Sulaco.
Except it says 'SULACO' quite clearly on the bulkhead the Egg is attached to...

The APC had Sulaco painted on it as well.

painted but wasn't the Sulaco in the shot with the egg not just painted but raised metal letterings?

SM

SM

It's some kind of precedent.

stephen

stephen

Of course.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

:laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed