Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 728,087 times)

SiL

SiL

And the egg ... ?

Vermillion

Vermillion

Well Bishop was alone for a long time. He could of ran in pick one up and placed it in the same canister.

SM

SM

Bishop is First Lawed.  Bringing an egg on the drop ship would violate that.  If he's reprogrammed to violate that First Law, then he violated his reprogramming by taking Ripley to the AP and then sticking around to pick her.

Bishop DID stick around, obeying his core programming, and disproving dopey "Bishop did it" arguments.

Snowdog

Snowdog

I'm not a pro Bishop did it kind of guy. But it is possible. In every alien related movie the android had a hidden agenda. Ash was trying to get the alien back to the company. Call was investegating on her own because of the cloning. David did all kinds of stuff even though Weyland gave him commands which explain some of his actions, but David also did a lot of stuff Weyland didn't ask of him. Could be that Bishop had a hidden agenda also.

SM

SM

Where's the evidence to back it up?

Bishop is the anti-Ash.  You suspect him because of Ash and Ripley's perspective on Ash.  Yet the only thing ever does that's slightly suspicious is not answer Spunkmeyer right away.  It's all misdirection.

Vermillion

Vermillion

You were misdirected, perfectly, it seems.

SM

SM

No, I actually watched the movie.

Bit more rewarding than dumbf**k trolling.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I'd like for one of these "Bishop did it" people to watch the movie and tell us when Bishop actually had an opportunity to do all the myriad things they think he did.  The camera cut back to him frequently, and every time it did he was either busily crawling through the pipe or working at the uplink tower.

Vermillion

Vermillion

So when did the queen do it then?

Right back at you...

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I don't think she did.  I think she either dripped some goo into the subflooring that congealed and grew into an egg OR she injected Bishop with genetic material when she speared him with her tail which egg-morphed the lower half of his body.

The Runner

The Runner

Quote from: RaisingCane on Oct 01, 2012, 08:14:45 PM
I don't think she did.  I think she either dripped some goo into the subflooring that congealed and grew into an egg OR she injected Bishop with genetic material when she speared him with her tail which egg-morphed the lower half of his body.
And wouldn't that cause his upper half to egg morph? And the fact that in A:CM that his legs are still there.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: RaisingCane on Oct 01, 2012, 08:14:45 PM

Or she laid an egg in the dropship's bay and the suction pulled it out and it got stuck to whatever it is it was awkwardly stuck to

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Runner on Oct 01, 2012, 09:29:45 PMAnd wouldn't that cause his upper half to egg morph? And the fact that in A:CM that his legs are still there.

His upper half was cryogenically frozen in hypersleep.  And does anyone really care what A:CM shows?

Besides, I'm more partial to the goo theory anyway.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Bishop knew the egg was onboard the whole time though. Goo congealing into an egg. Wtf, I'd like to know when the queen shat that out.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

So are you suggesting that Bishop's behavioral programming could be easily overruled by a sinster SO-937 type order that was already installed?

Most likely impossible in-universe, and makes no sense as Bishop had plenty of opportunities to acquire a specimen.  He would've taken advantage of Burke and all of his antics, too.

I've been thinking that the placement of the egg, as well as the time the queen spent on the Sulaco, are meant to suggest that she 'stuck' the egg somewhere under the floor grates while pursuing Newt.  It could've been a different section that was just off camera in the film.

Hell, she could've stuck it down there to get at Newt specifically.  The placement fits with the queen reaching down and sticking it to the beam.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed