Egg on Sulaco (Read 724,450 times)

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

and didn't have wireless internet.

SM

SM

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Sep 27, 2012, 02:25:13 AM
Quote from: Guts on Sep 26, 2012, 09:25:51 PM
Maby Bishop was reprogrammed to pick up on where Burke failed? So he put the egg onto the ship.

Reprogrammed when? And by whom? He was USCM property, remember, not some piece of corporate hardware.

ECA property technically.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: SM on Sep 27, 2012, 01:38:33 AMAC - two huggers - one in opening titles; another that Murphy finds dead.  Or there's one that grew spiky bits and armour plating after nailing Ripley.

I think the one in the credits was supposed to be the superhugger, but they filmed the scene after deciding it would get the dog intead so they went with a normal one. This is messed up in the assembly when they inserted one of the inmates finding the webbed super one.

SM

SM

Fact remains that the one whose fingers we see as well as on the scans isn't the big armour plated bugger.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: SM on Sep 27, 2012, 02:41:58 AM
Fact remains that the one whose fingers we see as well as on the scans isn't the big armour plated bugger.

I know, because they were never shot that way, but it makes sense to me that they were supposed to. Not that it makes it canon or anything. Just more confusing.

SM

SM

Agreed.

The Runner

The Runner

Quote from: SM on Sep 27, 2012, 02:41:58 AM

Then shouldn't the Ox of had the Queen?

SM

SM

The answer to this question and many others is - it's Alien3.

The Runner

The Runner

Quote from: SM on Sep 27, 2012, 03:00:46 AM
The answer to this question and many others is - it's Alien3.

Well I take an edited version of Alien3 canon. Of which the Super Facehugger never appeared in(it was all dog). SPIKE FTW!!!!!

But it's fun to tinker with other theories.

SM

SM

Of course.  Just don't expect them to hold water.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: SM on Sep 27, 2012, 02:29:22 AM
ECA property technically.

Noted and fixed.

The Runner

The Runner

SM what other theories have been thrown around the community for awhile?

SM

SM

About what?  The egg?

Bishop did it.
Queen laid it en route.
Queen brought it with her.
It walked from the dropship to under the floor while no one was looking.
Another Alien was on the dropship and hid the egg.
It grew from Alien goo/ acid/ Bishop's legs.

Some obviously make a bit more sense than other, but I've never come across a theory that can take the events in the tiles as literal and have it all make sense.  Which is why I lean toward it being a dreamlike distortion of actual events from Ripleys POV.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Of the various ideas, I like the 'emergency egg' idea best. The Queen lays one egg, a Queen egg, once her eggsack is torn off. The special egg gives birth to not just a replacement queen, but also a drone to protect it.

stephen

stephen

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 27, 2012, 03:13:27 AM
Of the various ideas, I like the 'emergency egg' idea best. The Queen lays one egg, a Queen egg, once her eggsack is torn off. The special egg gives birth to not just a replacement queen, but also a drone to protect it.

Again, it doesn't explain the LOCATION of the egg.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed