Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 706,242 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Sure they do. First one put to film wins.  8)

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

If we could only where the egg was, it would have helped finding out who put it there.
We see 'SULACO' written on the panel behind the egg but we don't know how it got there and, still, what place is that on the Sulaco?
Some people, earlier in the thread said that it was in the dropship after all, since the dropship was of Sulaco, it would have its name on it.

SM

SM

I've been putting that theory forward for year - since the APC has 'Sulaco' painted on it.  Key difference is 'painted'.  The 'Sulaco' in Alien3 isn't just painted on.

Ultimately there is no answer.  They just wanted to make the audience know we were on the Sulaco (in case the huge writing on the side of the ship wasn't enough).  Dropship still works for me (which is what they went with for the Alien3 blu ray menus) - but as I said, it holds as much water as other theories.

Primordial

Primordial

Here is an alternative theory to try to cover the eternal plothole (yes another one, I don't claim to hold the truth and my apologies if I disturb anyone  :P) :
After Bishop was ripped into 2, the lower part of his body got eggmorphed. How can that be possible ?

First of all, it is just an assumption, but the egg seems smaller than "Brett's egg" and "Dallas egg " ( I assume the letters of S.U.L.A.C.O. are smaller than a human head) and the texture of "the Sulaco Egg" does not look the same.
An explanation could be that just half a body is used to make an egg and its different appearance is perhaps because Bishop is an android (of course, the most important thing is that the egg is viable over the appearance)

As a reminder, we don't know all the capabilities of the Alien and its lifecycle, not to mention the Queen. Scott said that Ash was 2/3 human. Bishop is a more recent model of android and is probably closer than that (although the inside of the body does not look too human with tubes etc). Has he got some kind of cells for some parts of his body, has he got DNA or not, and does the Alien absolutely need a lifeform with DNA to make an egg ? We don't know (or I missed something ?). He is maybe not a viable host for a facehugger but still could be cocooned. It is possible that the eggs found in the derelict came from a biomechanoid specie, if they were cocooned, why not a "synthetic" ?

How could he get eggmorphed provided that the Queen barely touches him before he gets halved ? The fact of being pierced by the tail might be sufficient but then why only the lower part got cocooned ? Remember when we see acid (only acid ?) driping near Bishop's shoe. This liquid could have been spread on the legs before he was cut off. Of course we were not focused on this but rather on the fact of him being lifted so high. This liquid could be part of the eggmorphing process.
Up to now, we know that Brett and Dallas were changed into an egg and they were put above ground, it means there must be sticky matter on them in order to do so. Maybe she put on him that sticky stuff with the little arms before ripping him off ? Or that liquid has also got some sticky proprieties ?
The Queen has such power that the legs flew quite far away (near the Airway "E3 D") and they could have landed and sticked above the ground on the location seen in the opening of A3. Around the egg, nothing which could suggest a lair, a hive, (like when Ripley locates her two cocooned partners before escaping in the Narcissus), because the Queen had no time to do her job.
What about the vacuum, was that "Alien glue" strong enough to counter it ? Or maybe the legs got stucked physically speaking ? Or both ?

As it was already said, considering Bishop and Ripley would scan and search every inch of he dropship and the Sulaco for any more aliens onboard, they possibly didn't think the legs got impregnated which is of course a mistake (this early stage of cocooned legs could have not been detected by the scan).
Just before hypersleep, Bishop is wrapped and I believe intestine tubes were too (the sort of aluminium foil on the location of the legs would be there to protect the intestine tubes)
In A3, when Ripley wants answers from him and takes the upper body, we don't see at all the lower part next to it..

In this theory, unfortunately there are many "maybe" or "could" , but please just don't tell me that in the novelization, they threw the legs into the trashcan of the Sulaco  :laugh:

SM

SM

His legs never rate a mention as far as I remember.

There's a good chance they got sucked out when Ripley decompressed the ship.

However those masters of continuity - Gearbox - have his legs magically flying over the airlock and landing on the other side to be found by some marines.

Primordial

Primordial

Quote from: SM on Jul 23, 2012, 11:16:56 PM
There's a good chance they got sucked out when Ripley decompressed the ship.

Looked the decompression scene in detail and I don't see the legs flying. I agree without this sticky matter I was talking about (with "the egg was brought by the Queen" theory, the egg was still hanging), sure they would be in space kicking the Queen..And with a real life depressurization, I doubt Ripley would have made it

SM

SM

If Gearbox were smart (*guffaw*) they could've included the legs, but have it so they were getting sucked out but hit the dropship landing gear balls first.  For teh lulz.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

It's because Randy Pitchford is a fanboy with a penchant for one-liners : /

robertmartin

robertmartin

this eternal question...has it ever been proposed to Fox? Or the Director? (I realize this question i ask is itself pretty stupid but i was wondering...).

SM

SM

No.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I used to subscribe to the "legmorphing" theory myself (especially after reading the Gibson script), but after all these years I now believe that alien eggs can take root and sustain themselves on virtually any substance via the tendrils growing out of their base.

So my theory is that a premature egg oozed out of the queen's wound and into the landing bay's subflooring where it continued to grow until it could produce a viable facehugger.

stephen

stephen

Quote from: RaisingCane on Sep 12, 2012, 01:21:10 AM
So my theory is that a premature egg oozed out of the queen's wound and into the landing bay's subflooring where it continued to grow until it could produce a viable facehugger.

With no one seeing it?  When did the premature egg "ooze" out of the queen?

SM

SM

From the "wound" that the acid dripped from?  I think?

I don't get it either...

stephen

stephen

Quote from: SM on Sep 12, 2012, 03:57:13 AM
From the "wound" that the acid dripped from?  I think?

I think he means the queen's wound from tearing off the oviposter.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I do.

I figure the premature egg was little more than goo at that point, which would explain how it could seep under the floor grating and wind up positioned the way it was in the movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed