Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 731,003 times)

SM

SM

QuoteMy favorite explanation is that a warrior alien got aboard the dropship with an egg while no one was looking. If the queen could do it then why not a warrior?

Because, strange as it may sound, there are much simpler scenarios.

Cromartie

Cromartie

look maybe hicks did birth a queen and then she made a nest in the bowels of the sulaco then his chest was impailed!!!! clemens probably assumed thats what happened to him!

ZombieSlayer909

ZombieSlayer909

I think that it was definantly an emergency egg. The queen is huge and would make perfect sense for her to spit one out with a queen facehugger.

But then there's Bishop. There are 3 signs that make him iffy.

"I cannot DIRECTLY harm another human being."

(Observing the facehugger). "Fascinating isn't it?"

In Alien 3, the real Bishop says "Think of all we could learn from it." This might be suggesting that the Bishop android had the same curiosity and interest in the alien race.

SM

SM

There's no evidence to blame Bishop this isn't full of holes.

And you took Bishop's line out of a greater context.  Quote the whole line.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: mcfarlane007 on Mar 28, 2007, 11:49:01 PM
"I cannot DIRECTLY harm another human being."

"I cannot harm, or by omission of action allow to come to harm, a human being."

ZombieSlayer909

ZombieSlayer909

Ok whatever

If I'm posting I'm not going to open up my quadrilogy, pop it in, and go to the EXACT spot to type out the EXACT line ok? ::)

This is all of memory fair enough?

SiL

SiL

What I wrote was from memory, and I don't even like the movie ;)

ZombieSlayer909

ZombieSlayer909

a. That's good for you if you remember every line in a movie

b. WHY THE HELL DON'T YOU LIKE ALIENS??!!??!! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

SM

SM

If you want to quote a line to make a point, then make an effort to quote the whole line.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: mcfarlane007 on Mar 29, 2007, 12:16:04 AM
a. That's good for you if you remember every line in a movie

Don't. Just that pretty much every bit of dialogue in Aliens is a one-liner, so they're easy to remember.

Quoteb. WHY THE HELL DON'T YOU LIKE ALIENS??!!??!! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Thought it could've been handled better.

Newsfop

Newsfop

::) So about this egg thing . . . I think the queen put it there.

frost

frost

Quote from: Newsfop on Mar 29, 2007, 03:18:36 AM
::) So about this egg thing . . . I think the queen put it there.

Can't think of anyone else who could have!(laid it I mean)
Bishop would have had to have a tardis to get to the hive before ripley grab an egg get to the sulaco, plant the egg, get back to the dropship to rescue ripley and newt,then get ripped apart by the queen and pretend like nothing ever happened?!!??.........................I don't think so.........

As for not liking Aliens.....................................

scarab

scarab

Tell me what you think about this theory...Ripley saves Newt which required a long trip in an elevator to the basement. When Ripley arrived, she ran into several warrior drones protecting the hive. After killing these as well as quite a few eggs, Ripley begins to flee back to the Sulaco with the queen hot on her heels. Obviously the hive with any undamaged eggs was unprotected with the warrior drones dead and the queen chasing the girls right? We already know Bishop was ordered by Burke to transport 2 specimens back to earth for study. Isn't it coincidental that when Ripley and Newt reached the top of the platform of the atmospheric processor that Bishop was gone? Isn't it even stranger that when Bishop does arrive he comes from below the platform and from the depth that Ripley just came from? Why would he fly below the platform if it was unstable, given the possibility it could have fallen on the dropship unless he was stealing some eggs? PERFECT OPPORTUNITY?????? What do you think?

SM

SM

1) Where did he land?  He had to land at dock 7 because he couldn't land any lower what with the place falling apart.  So there's no where for him to land lower down in the AP Station.

2) By stealing the eggs he violates his core programming.  ie. He's placing Hicks in danger.

3) Say he was programmed to get around his core programming and his primary objective was to steal an egg - why violate that primary objective by waiting around to pick up Ripley and Newt?

No, Bishop says he can't harm or by omission of action allow to be harmed a human being.  And he spends the entire film doing just that, in spite of Ripley's hostility.

scarab

scarab

Again my argument is this...why would Bishop dangerously fly underneath the platform and not above it where he could clearly see Ripley? Also, despite the fact that Bishop "SAID" he was wired to protect humans, he knowingly allowed 2 face huggers to survive at the company's orders. Given the situation, he knew that the colonists had been wiped out by these creatures yet he chose to let them live. It seems to me his primary objective was to ensure the survival of the xenomorph by any means necessary. This was not too far off from the first android Ash. Funny how an android is standard procedure anytime the company sends people into an area full of aliens.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed