Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 715,337 times)

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: SM on Dec 17, 2011, 01:07:26 AM
She could've brought the egg with her or laid it en route, but yes there's no way for it to get where we see it in Alien3.  Unless it's on the dropship - which while being my favourite theory, it don't look much like the dropship.

I assume it was the dropship. I think the bluray menu also try and hint that too. While it seems to be the most plausable answer it still leaves a lot of area for doubt.

BISHOP 93

BISHOP 93

Arent gearbox working on a way for the egg to get on the drop ship in aliens:CM?

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Yes, they're trying to fix the plothole and possible provide us with a logical answer.

Possibly.

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

There will never be an answer to this debate that all fans will agree on. It's cool that they're going to try, but I can't see it really solving anything.

Snowdog

Snowdog

Won't solve anything for most people. But it is really interesting to see their take on it right? :)

SM

SM

Quote from: BISHOP 93 on Dec 17, 2011, 01:15:03 PM
Arent gearbox working on a way for the egg to get on the drop ship in aliens:CM?

I wouldn't trust ironing out filmic errors to guys who said the colony survived the AP Station explosion.

Spider-pope

Spider-pope

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 10, 2011, 07:24:39 AM
Theres no possible way in hell both Ripley and Bishop wouldve been completely stupid to not to check or scan the dropship and the ship for any more hidden aliens when Queen got in. Not a chance in life

This of course being the same Ripley who didnt notice the Alien asleep on a frickin' shelf until stripping off in the first film, who failed to notice a Dog Alien creeping up behind her Prison Doctor boyfriend while chatting to him. Face it, Ripley just isnt that observant.

Quote from: Guts on Jul 27, 2011, 11:50:50 PM
Ever thought someone in the company landed on the ship and planted it there?

Which would make no sense at all. If the Company could get their hands on an egg to use in an overly elaborate plan to silence any witnesses, they they could get their hands on eggs to study. Which completely negates the point of trying to get hold of Ripley at the end.

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 10, 2011, 07:24:39 AM
Well, my theory has always been that the quen laid an egg in the dropship so now one had seen her doing so, and then the suction from the opened bay sucked it up and made it stuck somewhere in this awkward position. Still, that doesnt explain why it was found afterwards. Theres no possible way in hell both Ripley and Bishop wouldve been completely stupid to not to check or scan the dropship and the ship for any more hidden aliens when Queen got in. Not a chance in life
You put a really strong point. Now I think there might have been an Alien on board.

Gunflyer

Gunflyer

As we saw in Aliens, she needs that biomass of an apparatus to lay those facehugger eggs. She obviously did not take that with her. So... how exactly did she lay the egg in the landing gear of the dropship without it? In any case, for Ripley not to notice such a thing really makes her look like a moron considering what happened before on the Nostromo's escape ship. There's also the little problem of proximity. As we've seen before, eggs only hatch when people are within a couple feet of them, and I am pretty sure the landing bay and the sleep chamber aren't even remotely close to each other.

What this is about is trying to mitigate the stupid circumstances surrounding the set up for Alien 3, and even though I've never been a fan of the Alien series, I think it doesn't work at all. It's vapid to try and mitigate the obnoxious and pointless off-screen killings of critical main characters.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: SM on Dec 18, 2011, 05:50:59 AM
Quote from: BISHOP 93 on Dec 17, 2011, 01:15:03 PM

I wouldn't trust ironing out filmic errors to guys who said the colony survived the AP Station explosion.
They're frigging company guys...

Bamozore

Bamozore

I don't know why Fox doesn't change the begining of Alien3 with actual CGI for the Blu Ray release ...
The eggs  is not in the Dropship , he is in the Sulaco's sub floor ... But where exactly ?  :-\

bambi_burster

bambi_burster

The egg on the sulaco is obviously a massive talking point at the begining of the film.
I have always thought that the paceing of the intrduction to tye film kind of tacks up the slack of what was happening.

If you ignore the pace of the film then there are certainly several points to discuss:

1. The size of the egg.

2. The location. Despite what has been said it isn't the drop ship.
3. The gestation period of the facehugger on ripley.
4. The colour of the facehugger on the sulaco doesn't match the queen facehugger on the assembly cut.

5. How did it travel on the eev.
6. How did the facehugger avoid detection from the prisoners. Did it simply allow spike to pick it up in the eev or was it inpregnated on the eev. Wity the temprature dropping outside would the facehugger be able to protect its host

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Quote from: bambi_burster on Dec 24, 2011, 02:30:31 PM
The egg on the sulaco is obviously a massive talking point at the begining of the film.
I have always thought that the paceing of the intrduction to tye film kind of tacks up the slack of what was happening.

If you ignore the pace of the film then there are certainly several points to discuss:

1. The size of the egg.

2. The location. Despite what has been said it isn't the drop ship.
3. The gestation period of the facehugger on ripley.
4. The colour of the facehugger on the sulaco doesn't match the queen facehugger on the assembly cut.

5. How did it travel on the eev.
6. How did the facehugger avoid detection from the prisoners. Did it simply allow spike to pick it up in the eev or was it inpregnated on the eev. Wity the temprature dropping outside would the facehugger be able to protect its host
Yeah, most of it has already been discussed in the previous pages.

1. Though the egg seems small in size, we don't exactly have any direct reference point to compare the size. It might have been a regular egg, after all.

2. The location, could be anywhere.
The Alien Anthology menus depict the egg to be in the drop ship, but in a different position, not like what we see in the movie.

3. Logically, the gestation period should be the same as any other Alien. But it seems, in the movie, that it is roughly around a week.

4. The Facehugger we see in the movie is a regular Facehugger. The movie never implies that it was a different kind of a Facehugger.

5. We're expected to believe that the Facehugger was already impregnating someone when the EEV was launched. So it was there all along.

6. Now the last question cannot be answered since the movie doesn't give us any information. I think the Facehugger impregnated the dog just near the wreckage since all of the people had left and the Facehugger desperately needed a new host for the protection of the Queen embryo.

I can't say anything about the temperature thing.

bambi_burster

bambi_burster

does anyone think any of this was discussed during post production??

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Yes. Even if they were filming even if the script wasn't complete, they might have discussed this.
But they didn't put enough thought into anything at all, since they didn't get time and weren't really allowed to since Fox was being mean and bossy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed