Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 705,434 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

No explanation shown or mentioned in the movie= no explanation at all.

Come on guys. Theories are pointless, especially all these years later.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Greedy Fat Xenoborg on Jun 05, 2011, 10:56:05 AM
I went around looking at life-sized sculptures of the Eggs, on Google.
They said they were 3 feet in size.

The Alien3-egg appears to be 1/2 the size of a normal egg.
The background in Alien3 appears to be some kind of a corridor, or strikingly familiar to the shelves where the Marines kept their Pulse Rifles.
Have a look:

Aliens

AlienĀ³
Though, I admit they don't look that familiar; it's because David Fincher loved slapping the previous directors and films in the face. He even changed the 'USS SULACO' on the ship from black to shiny gold.
That place is really too small for a 3ft Alien egg to fit.
So I say it's small.  :-X
Plus, a 3ft egg with resin/stuff inside, with it's weight and the weight of a facehugger, might not be able to stick to the corner of the wall, like that, unless it's small or the resin-base that the Queen applied is made of super adhesive contents.
The egg isn't in the same location as the weapons - and how did the Queen get there? The answer is, the Queen didn't lay an egg, she had no opportunity to, she never left the hanger, etc. The egg is only there because FOX insisted on an Alien movie featuring Ripley and the only way it occured to them to have this happen was to stick an egg on board - despite any logic [practically every used and unused Alien III script had magic eggs and/or magic Aliens]. The egg's there because the script says so. That's as complete and unsatisfactory as the answer will ever get. All we're doing by obsessing is perpetuating our own exasperation with the movie. :-\

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The Eggs have tendrils on their bases.
They can MOVE.
I always said it, mahn.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

aren't those roots they feed with?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

They are both.

Cradily, man.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

Radical, dude.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

They can retract their roots and use them as tentacles to move around like Octopi.
Maaaaan. I'm a genius.

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

"The Alien3-egg was put there by the invisible Aliens known as "directors, producers and writers" as what they call a plot device."

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jun 04, 2011, 05:45:46 PM
I think she palmed one and stuck it down under the grill while chasing Newt in the dropship, and was all "yall slap this egg right here, and you won't see it cause I'm a bad mother, how you like that? Bladow."

This may be a little more likely. What u think? It was the only time the queen was alone.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: kelgaard on Jun 05, 2011, 04:05:04 PM
Quote from: RagingDragon on Jun 04, 2011, 05:45:46 PM
I think she palmed one and stuck it down under the grill while chasing Newt in the dropship, and was all "yall slap this egg right here, and you won't see it cause I'm a bad mother, how you like that? Bladow."

This may be a little more likely. What u think? It was the only time the queen was alone.

So I guess she was on tiptoes while everyone was sitting around looking at the floor inside the dropship for five minutes?

The only theories that work are so mindbogglingly insane and insulting you don't want to think about them, and the rest don't work. The egg is never going to make sense, because it wasn't intended to.

These threads must die.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

NEVER!

the day the pointless discussions about trivial and insignificant mysteries of popular media stop is the day the internet dies!

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Then the internet must die!

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

/Thread

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed