Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 638,675 times)

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

SM

SM

QuoteHe might have again, contacted the Company through the drop-ship, who insisted for a sample of the life-form on the rock.

There's no IM from LV-426 to the Company.

QuoteAlso, the egg appears to be small in size, as seen in A3, compared to the regular ones.

There's no basis for this because there's no point of reference.  It could be bigger than a normal egg for all we know.  Why people say it's smaller baffles me.

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

QuoteThere's no IM from LV-426 to the Company.

Well WY sent those colonists there. Aliens sneeze on the colonists and then the Company sends a rescue mission to LV-426, obviously after receiving some sort of messages from the colony.
Plus, I'm talking about the drop-ship, which has a transmitter and Bishop can contact the Company through it.

There's no basis for this because there's no point of reference.  It could be bigger than a normal egg for all we know.  Why people say it's smaller baffles me.

It's smaller. We have a movie made on it right after the first two movies.

SM

SM

Quote from: Greedy Fat Xenoborg on Jun 04, 2011, 10:58:06 PM

Well WY sent those colonists there. Aliens sneeze on the colonists and then the Company sends a rescue mission to LV-426, obviously after receiving some sort of messages from the colony.
Plus, I'm talking about the drop-ship, which has a transmitter and Bishop can contact the Company through it.

1. Round trip for a message is two weeks.

2. Where's your evidence that it's smaller?

Pn2501

Pn2501

Burke an gorman suggest the lost contact meaning they received no comunication, so they essentially had no idea what happened.

Vakarian

Vakarian

Quote from: SM on Jun 04, 2011, 11:12:43 PM
Quote from: Greedy Fat Xenoborg on Jun 04, 2011, 10:58:06 PM

1. Round trip for a message is two weeks.

2. Where's your evidence that it's smaller?

If you look here, the egg does look considerably smaller compared to the one's found in Aliens.

Alien 3

Aliens

SM

SM

Again - where's the point of reference in the Aien3 still?

Vakarian

Vakarian

Quote from: SM on Jun 05, 2011, 03:28:11 AM
Again - where's the point of reference in the Aien3 still?

I Don't get what you mean by "Point of reference."

I can be pretty sure if you were to show those two pictures to people, they would say the one in Alien 3 was somewhat smaller than the eggs in the other picture.

SM

SM

And they'd be basing that on nothing.

In the Aliens still Ripley is standing right next to them so it's easy to judge their size.

In the Alien3 still there's nothing.  We have no idea where in the ship we are, how big the SULACO writing is, how big those strut things are.  Nothing on which to judge if the egg is bigger, smaller or precisely the same size as any other egg.  And since we have nothing, there's no reason to believe it's any different to previous eggs.

Vakarian

Vakarian

Quote from: SM on Jun 05, 2011, 03:38:13 AM
And they'd be basing that on nothing.

In the Aliens still Ripley is standing right next to them so it's easy to judge their size.

In the Alien3 still there's nothing.  We have no idea where in the ship we are, how big the SULACO writing is, how big those strut things are.  Nothing on which to judge if the egg is bigger, smaller or precisely the same size as any other egg.  And since we have nothing, there's no reason to believe it's any different to previous eggs.

Touche.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

that appears to be structural supports like we saw near the marine cryotubes in aliens, but i could be mistaken.

they weren't that big.

Vitriol

Vitriol

It laid the egg in the sub-flooring under the grates as Ripley was prepping the cargo loader. Move on.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jun 05, 2011, 04:11:25 AM
that appears to be structural supports like we saw near the marine cryotubes in aliens, but i could be mistaken.

they weren't that big.

No structural supports anything like that on the cryotubes, although that was my initial thought too.

Quote from: Vitriol on Jun 05, 2011, 04:18:15 AM
It laid the egg in the sub-flooring under the grates as Ripley was prepping the cargo loader. Move on.

Sub-flooring doesn't look anything like that either. And Newt - or Bishop - would have seen.

SM

SM

That and it never had time.  It turned from Ripley, then went after Newt - while Bishop was watching.

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

I went around looking at life-sized sculptures of the Eggs, on Google.
They said they were 3 feet in size.

The Alien3-egg appears to be 1/2 the size of a normal egg.
The background in Alien3 appears to be some kind of a corridor, or strikingly familiar to the shelves where the Marines kept their Pulse Rifles.
Have a look:

Aliens

AlienĀ³
Though, I admit they don't look that familiar; it's because David Fincher loved slapping the previous directors and films in the face. He even changed the 'USS SULACO' on the ship from black to shiny gold.
That place is really too small for a 3ft Alien egg to fit.
So I say it's small.  :-X
Plus, a 3ft egg with resin/stuff inside, with it's weight and the weight of a facehugger, might not be able to stick to the corner of the wall, like that, unless it's small or the resin-base that the Queen applied is made of super adhesive contents.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed