Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 715,671 times)

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Okay then my responce is simple. Aren't we really thinking about this too much? I mean i really don't think we're ment to discuss this in this amount of detail. It was never designed that way.

SM

SM

It was designed very poorly.

Vakarian

Vakarian

I know this is an absolute long shot but, MIBEH...Burke wasn't killed by that nasty alien fella because he was an android like bishop (Would an alien even kill an android?) , got away found an egg and managed to get onto the dropship somehow and was killed by the queen or some shit. I know it's highly unlikely but I thought i'd throw it out there for the hell of it.

SM

SM

Not so much 'highly unlikely' as 'entirely fantastical'.

Alien³

Alien³

Jonesy followed Ripley back to LV-426 and placed the egg on board the Sulaco.

Vakarian

Vakarian

Quote from: Alien³ on Jun 02, 2011, 11:31:05 AM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_y1USaJemzSs/TENwDCPxK8I/AAAAAAAADaw/4BSROMevp7c/s1600/Alien.png

That's the best theory yet i must say.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_y1USaJemzSs/TENwDCPxK8I/AAAAAAAADaw/4BSROMevp7c/s1600/Alien.png

That little shit-head...

Sgt. Apone

Sgt. Apone

[/quote

:D But he has no hands. And, it would face hug him.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Serves the bastard right. The cat-alien will be a boss for the upcoming Aliens: Colonial Marines game.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Simple. During and after the Nostromo's encounter in ALIEN there are those in the Company, who knew about the alien, lets call those people IN THE KNOW, because it is too valuable a thing to tell everyone who works for you. The information of how to locate and cofirm Alien life alone is priceless. So, after the Nostromo disappears, those IN THE KNOW, need a new plan. Who knows what it is or was, all we know is 57 years later, there is this 'Shake and bake' colony there....Terraforming. Who knows why. maybe those IN THE KNOW were setting them up slowly, maybe be not, but they are there and so is the Derelict... Point is, it is absurd to just imagine that the Comapny gave up and kept quiet about the Derelict. Even if they couldnt aford to do something, they could have sold the information for a fortune. LSS...The Company did not give up after the NOSTROMO, they've been somehow pursuing this all along and we dont know how much. So even if they never got to THE DERELICT again, there are those IN THE KNOW, who are sitting on this GOLDEN TICKET and its more than worth killing for a second time.
So now Ripley is found, how? Why? Why did it take so long? Surely they looked for her?
So she tells this guy Burke and other Company people who ARE NOT IN THE KNOW and it gets back to the Company. Or maybe they didnt find her by accident. Point is, those IN THE KNOW, know whats going on. Now obviously since the information alone is so valuable, people like BURKE are not IN THE KNOW. Otherwise, he could just sell the information, so suddenly this guy Burke says this and that and they lose contact with the Colony (A colony whose location on LV426 is suspicious given that those IN THE KNOW would put 2 and 2 together).
Oh Shit! They are sending in MARINES! Now, our GOLDEN TICKET is gonna be lost! So thinks, those IN THE KNOW.
LSS, those Company cats IN THE KNOW were up shit's creek. Of course they would want to stop any and all mission to Hadley's Hope but now...Or maybe if they cant stop it, they can compromise it. Maybe they had to try and get to that derelict before the Marines found out about it... Maybe they had to sabotage the Marines mission... Anyone pickin up what I'm puttin down? Those IN THE KNOW were around. Maybe they were characters we saw, maybe they were one step ahead or behind...but they got that egg on that ship. Possibly after RIpley was already in hypersleep.

SM

SM

QuotePoint is, it is absurd to just imagine that the Comapny gave up and kept quiet about the Derelict.

And yet, that's precisely what they did.  Good idea too, to bury anything remotely concerning special orders stating the expendibility of your employees.

Quote[Surely they looked for her?

Why?  As far as anyone knew the Nostromo was simply lost in space.  How are they going to search 37 LY of space even if they knew where to look?

QuotePoint is, those IN THE KNOW, know whats going on.

Point is, those IN THE KNOW, are now either retired or dead.

QuoteAnyone pickin up what I'm puttin down?

Not at all.

Quotebut they got that egg on that ship. Possibly after RIpley was already in hypersleep.

What a moronic thing to do.  For people who are supposedly in the know, they really don't know very much.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: CainsSon on Jun 03, 2011, 05:49:31 AM
Simple. During and after the Nostromo's encounter in ALIEN there are those in the Company, who knew about the alien, lets call those people IN THE KNOW, because it is too valuable a thing to tell everyone who works for you.

This part I agree with, since through numerous threads and facts we already established it was an off the book thing made by one or few individuals

QuoteThe information of how to locate and cofirm Alien life alone is priceless. So, after the Nostromo disappears, those IN THE KNOW, need a new plan. Who knows what it is or was, all we know is 57 years later, there is this 'Shake and bake' colony there....Terraforming. Who knows why. maybe those IN THE KNOW were setting them up slowly, maybe be not, but they are there and so is the Derelict... Point is, it is absurd to just imagine that the Comapny gave up and kept quiet about the Derelict.

Its not absurd at all. Once Nostromo dissapears, no suit wants to be prosecuted for conspiracy and dissapearance and possible deaths of an entire crew, nevermind trying to pass the quarantine and patent laws by acquiring aliens. People IN THE KNOW would stay low and pray no one ever ties all this to them, an illegal plan that went terribly wrong and an order planted which made clear the life of the crew didnt count

QuoteSo she tells this guy Burke and other Company people who ARE NOT IN THE KNOW and it gets back to the Company. Or maybe they didnt find her by accident. Point is, those IN THE KNOW, know whats going on. Now obviously since the information alone is so valuable, people like BURKE are not IN THE KNOW.

Burke knows nothing and the movie made it clear. The people IN THE KNOW by that point are either dead or out of the office. Burke was the only one who gave at least some credibility to what Ripley was saying. Maybe not credibility, but decided to ask some colony hicks to check out the place where Ripley said the derelict was. He acted alone

QuoteThose IN THE KNOW were around. Maybe they were characters we saw, maybe they were one step ahead or behind...but they got that egg on that ship. Possibly after RIpley was already in hypersleep.

It makes no sense for someone to haunt Ripley and not care about the alien. Youre basically saying someone followed Sulaco and docked in the bay and planted the egg. Makes no sense whatsoever on many, many levels

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Quote from: I Shadow I on Jun 02, 2011, 10:09:56 AM
I know this is an absolute long shot but, MIBEH...Burke wasn't killed by that nasty alien fella because he was an android like bishop (Would an alien even kill an android?) , got away found an egg and managed to get onto the dropship somehow and was killed by the queen or some shit. I know it's highly unlikely but I thought i'd throw it out there for the hell of it.

Burke was taken by the Alien to be harvested as a host.
In a deleted scene, we see Ripley confronting a cocooned Burk, as he pleaded to her for rescue, saying,"It's inside me."; citing he was very much human and was impregnated.

I say, it was the Queen who laid an egg as an action to survive, since she was alone on the ship.
But it may have been Bishop too.

He would have sneaked away with the ship to a location with eggs around, while Ripley went to rescue Rebecca.
Also, androids are to follow whatever a human instructs them to.
He might have again, contacted the Company through the drop-ship, who insisted for a sample of the life-form on the rock.
He hid the egg in the corner. The egg did not trigger-open since he was an android.

But then we had Hicks on-board. A face-hugger would have easily impregnated Hicks while he was unconscious, while the others were confronting the Queen.
Heck, it would have already done the job while Bishop was flying the ship back to Ripley.

Well that didn't happen, so I guess the Queen laid the egg, on the way back to the Sulaco. While everyone was inside checking up on Hicks, she silently hid the egg.
Also, the egg appears to be small in size, as seen in A3, compared to the regular ones. It was an egg rushed out, for safety.

It had the Queen Facehugger.

Vakarian

Vakarian

Yeah, But that never made it into any of the cuts, so would it still be considered canon?

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

That last part was a decent theory, the queen slipping quietly from the dropship as the gang is still inside and sticking an egg somewhere.  Or maybe the excitement of combat caused one to poop out during her exertions, hence the bizarre angle we see the egg at in A3.

I think she palmed one and stuck it down under the grill while chasing Newt, and was all "yall slap this egg right here, and you won't see it cause I'm a bad mother, how you like that? Bladow."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed