Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 723,924 times)

bobby brown

bobby brown

Quote from: bov930527 on May 11, 2011, 09:34:20 PM
Quote from: Walk Evil Talk on May 11, 2011, 09:28:09 PM
I like to picture the egg appearing out of thin air with a cartoonish 'pop' sound.

Imagining that actually made me chuckle a little  :D

;D :D

stephen

stephen

My Take:

1. Queen hitchs a ride on the dropship - she has a facehugger with her at the time that came with her from the nest.  This is a normal facehugger.

2. Queen lays an egg on the dropship en route to the sulaco.

3. During the fight between Ripley and the Queen, the face hugger drags the egg away through instinct "don't be where your enemies expect you to be"

4. After they are in hypersleep, the egg hatchs and we now have two facehuggers.  One attempts to get Newt and fails cutting itself on the glass causing it to bleed and cause the fire.  The other (the one just hatched) gets Ripley.

5. After they crash land, the other facehugger then gets the dog.

A super facehugger can account for the two aliens (getting Ripley and the dog) but a superface huger doesn't explain the location of the egg on the Sulaco.

SM

SM

Except a normal facehugger got someone on the Sulaco and Spike - not a super hugger as seen in the SE (which didn't get a dog at all).

stephen

stephen

huh?

To clarify I"m not going by the assembly cut.

SM

SM

So you're not talking about the armoured super/Queen facehugger?

stephen

stephen

Sorry no I'm not.

My last comment about a super face hugger was saying why a superface hugger theory doesn't actually work.

In my theory listed above I'm talking soley about two normal facehuggers.

SM

SM

Righto then.

Bishop only mentioning a singular Alien kinda undermines it through.

Ghostface

Ghostface

I think we just need to accept there are some plot holes in A3 and try not to think to hard about them.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

:laugh:
I wonder how many people have said that before in the many threads we've have here and the many discussions about it elsewhere on the net. And yet it goes on.

SM

SM

Only teensy weensy plot holes you could drive an M-class star freighter through...

stephen

stephen

Quote from: SM on Jun 01, 2011, 07:28:42 AM
Righto then.

Says who?

Bishop never says that there was only ever one alien.

But even if you don't want to accept that how about something else he says "it's very dark here Ripley, I'm not what I used to be."

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: stephen on Jun 01, 2011, 08:57:48 AM
Quote from: SM on Jun 01, 2011, 07:28:42 AM
Righto then.

Says who?

Bishop never says that there was only ever one alien.

"It was with us all the way." not "They were with us all the way."

Valaquen

Valaquen

And: "Was there AN Alien onboard?" [singular]
Answer: "Yesss."

He'd clarify or correct her if there were more.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The filmmakers obviously didn't really put much thought into it (they just went over and said 'hey, what if Ripley had a Queen inside her?'), as practically zero thought was put into the continuity and logic of the (though cool looking) opening sequence, so it all comes up to what one thinks of it. I've always thought that the Hugger in A3 could impregnate more than one host. Notice how it is almost dormant - not quick or anywhere near the mobility we are used to when talking about facehuggers - when Spike barks at it.

Valaquen

Valaquen

100 years from now people will still be debating it...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed