Aliens: Dark Descent

Started by BlueMarsalis79, Jun 09, 2022, 06:09:08 PM

Author
Aliens: Dark Descent (Read 48,009 times)

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 23, 2023, 09:34:14 AM
Quote from: Stitch on Mar 23, 2023, 12:45:25 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 22, 2023, 01:57:07 PMWhile I'm looking forward to Dark Descent, I'd still never turn my nose up at a modern and decent fp shooter.
Maybe the VR game?

I really want the VR game to lean into the horror, more than a shooter. But like @Wweyland says, an AvP4 would be very very welcome.
I'd also hope it leans that way, but there's no denying that something like ACM in VR would be awesome.

There's also no reason the game couldn't do both. Resident Evil VII is a straight up horror, but its third act goes more action heavy. One of the best VR games of all time.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Hopefully that VR game is all claustrophobic interiors. On the larger-scale VR games I have (Skyrim, Star Wars Squadrons), the resolution of distant objects gets very potatoey. It's kind of a letdown.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 22, 2023, 01:57:07 PMWhile I'm looking forward to Dark Descent, I'd still never turn my nose up at a modern and decent fp shooter.
Maybe the VR game?

I really want the VR game to lean into the horror, more than a shooter. But like @Wweyland says, an AvP4 would be very very welcome.

A vr game you say? Is that survival horror we've been hearing about?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Mar 24, 2023, 05:25:56 AM
Maybe the VR game?

A vr game you say? Is that survival horror we've been hearing about?

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2022/07/14/survios-bringing-new-aliens-game-to-pc-consoles-vr/

That's all we know so far.

Kailem

Kailem

Just found this 10-minute off-the-screen gameplay video that someone just posted from PAX:

Corporal Hicks

Wweyland

Wweyland

Looks atmospheric, to say the least. Aliens: Fireteam was too into your face, I hope this has better pacing.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Love what I'm seeing! The difficulty is on easy obviously, but also seen in the right upper corner. The only silly thing as of now is the one Alien that did the same sideways zip dash that looks funny. Same as in the trailer. Not really breaking anything, but I hope that's a bug and not an actual moveset for the alien. ;)

The atmosphere is gorgeous!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Looks like you collect DNA or genetic material from the dead Aliens.

And you can weld doors behind you. That's interesting. There's potential there to f**k yourself over by putting obstacles in your own way for your retreat.

Komenja

Komenja

QuoteAnd you can weld doors behind you. That's interesting. There's potential there to f**k yourself over by putting obstacles in your own way for your retreat.
Hell yeah, that's what I was hoping for! It looks great so far. 40 for the standard edition sounds like a good deal, too.

davewesker

davewesker

I really dont get a lot of the hate for this game im seeing online. Seems that is its not a FPS or Isolation 2 its an instant dismissal of any new game.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

davewesker

davewesker

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I just hope we can name the cat.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 03, 2023, 07:32:01 AMAnd you can weld doors behind you. That's interesting. There's potential there to f**k yourself over by putting obstacles in your own way for your retreat.

The door welding chase setpiece in Colonial Marines is literally the only part of that game I have relatively fond memories of. Something like that could have worked really well as a chase sequence in Isolation, actually.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed