Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,430 times)

SpaceKase

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 24, 2021, 09:35:43 PM
Quote from: SpaceKase on Mar 24, 2021, 09:11:33 PM
Man, what's with the Pro-Corporate Anti-United Americas vibe? Weyland Yutani as the good guys...? You guys think the series is going to stick with this sentiment because it would certainly be disturbing and at odds with like 40 years of story telling. Kind of like sitting down sitting down to a Captain America movie and suddenly having Cap be the bad guy and the narrative of the film telling us that Hydra and the Red Skull were in the right all along. Egads.

I wouldn't start throwing the toys out the pram just yet. It's one character's take on it, whereas the others really aren't in that camp. I actually find the approach rather refreshing. The person working for the bad guys, doesn't think they're bad guys.

So it was okay. It's too early to be sold on the narrative yet, but I'm not enamoured to Cruz or anyone at this point. Some really dodgy panels of artwork in there, but wasn't a train-wreck. This is one of those things were I'm always hesitant to comment on an on-going issue because it's like reviewing a book a chapter at a time.

Too right, set the anticipation clock back to one month again. Man the Cruz family just can't seem to catch a break. Sierra, Jeremy, Lucas, and now this? Emilio's probably still doing alright for himself, the shady well-connected bastard.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 24, 2021, 01:07:42 PM
Sam Keith's work on Inhuman Condition is genuinely great and I will die standing on this soapbox.

I'm not sure I'd describe it as genuinely great myself, but it 100% fits the narrative being told and for that it is fantastic.

Concur there, too.

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Mar 24, 2021, 09:21:02 PM
Spoiler
Apartments aren't suburbs  ;)
[close]

awww man,
Spoiler
I live in an apartment in the suburbs, damn you mixed-use zoning!
[close]

PAS Spinelli

SiL

SiL

She's not defending it at all ???

SpaceKase

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Mar 24, 2021, 09:57:58 PM
Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 24, 2021, 09:47:55 PM
https://66.media.tumblr.com/c0565e2a025b71d795ef6270cb47b3ff/tumblr_pwcx7qMCqt1tdkro1o3_500.gifv
Don't get why you are defending the art tho, it's objectively bad with those traced aliens

Well, bad to us, but maybe not for new folks or the less fervent fans out there, obviously good enough to land such a prestigious gig, The valid criticism should definitely be taken up with the editor directly, but on that note, whatever became of the Greg Land controversy, does anyone know? Did the powers that be ever release an official statement in response?

Xenomrph

Unlikely, Greg Land has been pulling that shit for decades without repercussions.

judge death

judge death

Mostly positive responses and story sounds like its decent, after what I heard about the writer it should be the case, but yeah the tracing and what one of the previous users wrote seem to make it mixed, but doing this aproach like with star wars will ensure stunning art for those not as picky. :P

Will have to wait myself as no swedish shop sells those, and find it more enjoyable to have the complete volume in one go, then I can wait and see how well it does and if its for me or not before buying.^^
SM: did you manage to sneak out and get the comic while tristian was on lunch break? :P

Like the ideas spacekase put forward would be much fun seeing such clues left in, alien cultists,earth overrun etc but highly doubt it.

did we get to see mutated xenos/new species of xenomorphs that marvel released would be their focus on and explanations on it like the snake eye inner jaw, and the idea of several generations of later xenomorphs that changed and everything else marvel teased us with? Alpha was for now a dream I take it from the sound of things or did we get clues in the comic of explanation to the alpha or its too early? Seeing queen mother would be awesome to be fair and indeed she do the same thing with mind controling, contacting xenos through space etc :D
Its how they explain the xenos and the alpha that will make or break it for myself, if they have a good explanation storywise like it being a ripley 8 clone but failed one, would explain the eyes and the not xeno look, or anything on level with what we had in the past Im onboard.

Hmm they might just have the alpha in the dream for the first run of comics, and depending on how fans take it: have it happen in later on or cancel it and keep it as a dream.

Dont want another covenant experience where something established so well with older fans is thrown out of the window, can now see why 3-4 of my friends who were deep alien fans left the franchise after it was revealed how the movie inclide that David made the xeno, really pissed them off and me holding to my own theory that keeps me sane xD
Can see why older star wars fans who grew up in the 80s hate what they did to the lore in star wars and hate the legends/new canon lore, maybe its a sign of me being old and too formed to what we seen in the past to see it thrown out and changed :P
Gonna start think like the user Nightmare Asylum. :)

Ahh before I forget:
Ridgetop: that is correct, the silicon based part was also mentioned there you say, I saw it mentioned in one book or was it another comic or game, or was it youtube video? Shall check where I saw it mentioned elsewhere and update if I do.

Xeno Black

Xeno Black

One line stuck out to me

Queen of lepers....

https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Eloise

judge death

Quote from: Xeno Black on Mar 24, 2021, 10:48:14 PM
One line stuck out to me

Spoiler
[close]
queen of lepers...

Oh, nice find! IF it turns out she is linked to this, then this got a lot more interesting to me :D

SpaceKase

One line stuck out

Queen of lepers....

Ha, right! Me too.

Quote from: judge death on Mar 24, 2021, 10:52:00 PM
One line stuck out to me

Spoiler
[close]
queen of lepers...

Oh, nice find! IF it turns out she is linked to this, then this got a lot more interesting to me :D

So sincerely doubt it, but I'm certainly eager to see where this is going.

SM

SM

QuoteSo the golden age of Alien Cultists thriving in the shadows of society and rampant access to banned xeno-biological materials for corporations to illegally experiment upon. Kinda right on the money era-wise with Kliest and his bugmen too. Though, once again, seriously doubt Marvel would pick up any DH threads, but a girl can dream.

Rogue was in 2203 and CM in 2215.

I also doubt Marvel would pick up any old DH stuff, but who knows?

SuperiorIronman

If Star Wars is anything to go by then they might adapt things from DH but I wouldn't expect any story being a 1:1 transfer unless it was mandated by the I.P holder like Son of Dathomir was for Star Wars. I don't think Alien has any DH comics that hold that kind of weight for Fox so otherwise they would adapt things from DH as Marvel does that as well.

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Quote from: SM on Mar 24, 2021, 11:08:59 PM
QuoteSo the golden age of Alien Cultists thriving in the shadows of society and rampant access to banned xeno-biological materials for corporations to illegally experiment upon. Kinda right on the money era-wise with Kliest and his bugmen too. Though, once again, seriously doubt Marvel would pick up any DH threads, but a girl can dream.

Rogue was in 2203 and CM in 2215.

I also doubt Marvel would pick up any old DH stuff, but who knows?

Right, 2200-2203 same era. 2215 seems a bit far afield though, what lead you to decide to place it there?

426Buddy

One line stuck out to me

Queen of lepers....

Yeah that would play off my nostalgia for sure.

Ultramorph

I doubt it, but bringing back Eloise would be a pretty awesome deep cut.

Sabres21768

I loved this first issue.
The only thing I'm not happy about was not finding out what was up with the "hoofed" Alien.  ???

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed