Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,337 times)

Lost_Hunter

Lost_Hunter

Good motion tracker guys. Ridgetop you're spot for the art. Comic Book art, especially from Marvel and DC has shifted to photobashed traces and less original concepts and poses. Larocca was a beast back in the day, his work on Xtreme and Ultimate X-Men was great. His work on Star Wars has been questionable. We'll have to wait and see how the Alien is tackled. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out like the traced neca look from Aliens :Fire and Stone. Here's hoping it's good tho.

*spot on

josepbenz

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 07, 2020, 09:03:36 PM
https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1336023900434665482

It strikes me as odd that for their very first run, they're using a "Deadly New Breed of Xenomorph." You'd think, right off the bat, they'd want to do something with a more traditional Alien to ease in their run.

like an upgrade of venom

RidgeTop

Quote from: Lost_Hunter on Mar 05, 2021, 03:02:48 AM
Good motion tracker guys. Ridgetop you're spot for the art. Comic Book art, especially from Marvel and DC has shifted to photobashed traces and less original concepts and poses. Larocca was a beast back in the day, his work on Xtreme and Ultimate X-Men was great. His work on Star Wars has been questionable. We'll have to wait and see how the Alien is tackled. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out like the traced neca look from Aliens :Fire and Stone. Here's hoping it's good tho.

*spot on

Thanks! That's pretty disheartening, before I knew about all of this I somehow thought DC and Marvel would only be top tier art, shows how informed I've been about comics outside of Dark Horse as of late.

Another variant from Greg Horn, heavily referenced from Aliens: Colonial Marines:

le sigh.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 04, 2021, 08:09:27 PM
Quote from: judge death on Mar 04, 2021, 07:41:14 PM
But not saying hicks is wrong and if one dont see the core of xenomorphs as important and rather see new creatures and ideas and the xenomorphs as just one thing of many and the dna is the main thing and see the xenos lead by new alien human hybrids or whatever new ideas they will try, then fine I see why, you can do much more with the story and have new alien charachters that can talk and do stuff like kerrigan in starcraft.

I also prefer the Alien as the ultimate creature. But Gosh, I would be a complete liar if I didn't tell you how much I want to see Ripley 8 and Dr. Shaw transformed into a Kerrigan-like-character. I guess I just love the biomechanical succubus; with Li tobler-inspired paintings as the blueprint.

https://i.ibb.co/kqW2K9R/images-17.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/jRKB2mc/0412.jpg

https://s4.gifyu.com/images/JitteryForcefulChameleon-size_restricted.gif

Kerrigan is peak lazy-f**ker story telling. Hey, let's give our unknowable alien faction a human figurehead. And let's make her sexy.

However, I do like me some biomechanoid humanoids, just make them near-mindless servitors of their sinister creator (who/whatever that may be), and at least somewhat repulsive or pathetic. Bonus points for being physically hyper-specialized to the point of being basically single-purpose entities.

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 05, 2021, 07:56:38 PMHey, let's give our unknowable alien faction a human figurehead. And let's make her sexy.

She also has spikes protruding from her feet that act as high heels.  Ridiculous!  >:(

Spoiler
But I love it.
[close]

Lost_Hunter

I think the kerrigan/ sil character would work better without eyes. Lean in and create something different and unsettling.

EJA

EJA

The most recent films have already hinted that worse things than the Aliens could exist.

RidgeTop

Mico Suayan variant

BlueMarsalis79

The Prequels depict the Pathogen's effectiveness, as it's ancestral precursor, that we actively watch the Alien surpass.

EJA

EJA

Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 06, 2021, 02:35:00 PM
The Prequels depict the Pathogen's effectiveness, as it's ancestral precursor, that we actively watch the Alien surpass.

But the seed has already been planted that it could lead to other horrors. Plus there are the Engineers themselves. And let's not forget the Predators.

BlueMarsalis79

I sincerely doubt it. The Engineers? Gone and just ancient humanity anyway. The Predators? Around but not particularly horrific in my opinion.

EJA

EJA

Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 06, 2021, 05:56:46 PM
I sincerely doubt it. The Engineers? Gone and just ancient humanity anyway. The Predators? Around but not particularly horrific in my opinion.

I must respectfully disagree. David may have killed the ones on their home planet, but there could well be other colonies out there somewhere, and they're powerful, and can be quite unpleasant. And how are the Predators not horrific?

BlueMarsalis79

Just not in the realm of body horror's more what I mean.

SM

SM

But they rip out your spine and steal your autism.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SM on Mar 07, 2021, 08:06:56 AM
But they rip out your spine and steal your autism.

But I need those for derailing threads

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed