Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 277,350 times)

PAS Spinelli

I like to think that the goo actually came from the Alien, and that when it mutates it's trying it's hardest to evolve back into it with what it already has

Hunter-Killer

I don't know, there's some cool theories out there but in the grand scheme of things I don't think the derelict was ever supposed to be a bomber, and the only reason they found the eggs in the ship instead of in the temple as originally written was because of budget constraints. Ridley Scott shot himself in the foot by making the prequels, and now everyone has to play mental Jenga trying to make better sense of the origin of the xenomorph.

Between Prometheus and covenant, and the Predator, I prefer if movies stopped trying to explain origins and just moved forward with something fresh and exciting

PAS Spinelli

I agree, the Alien was better off as the vaguely explained cargo of an ancient ship, which was just slightly implied to be carrying weapons, not as the "child" of a sexually frustrated robot with daddy issues

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

@SiL

Check out pages 8/9/10- I had this discussion once already, evidences' here from the film's scripts and storyboards.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=60997.105

Here's a preview of one post for instance:

The Pathogen produces the Pods first but:
The motes = the insects.

SiL

SiL

Right but that's not what the film shows.

And you're still missing the point. The point is the precedence is way set that the Pathogen does whatever the f**k someone wants it to do, so long as it results in something dying. That's the only consistent thing. So long as it doesn't start destroying plants, they're fine.

Complaining about Marvel just doing what the thing was established to do is super far down on the list of genuine complains about what we're seeing from this first issue.

Hunter-Killer

God damn it, now people are going to think that my giger li tattoo is a marvel alien tattoo haha.

Someone needs to get a tattoo of the wiggly tongues xenomorph though, make it happen

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: SiL on Feb 27, 2021, 01:55:22 AM
Right but that's not what the film shows.

It is.

It shows us the Pathogen's process and the Neomorph process resulting because of it.

Filled in with dialogue as applicable.

Quote from: SiL on Feb 27, 2021, 01:55:22 AM
And you're still missing the point. The point is the precedence is way set that the Pathogen does whatever the f**k someone wants it to do, so long as it results in something dying. That's the only consistent thing. So long as it doesn't start destroying plants, they're fine.

I do not agree.

SiL

SiL

QuoteIt is.
The film does not show the motes as insects in that scene. I am watching it now. When it zooms in, they are insects as the storyboard depicts. So, no, that storyboard is not how the scene plays out.

However I've said repeatedly this is ancillary to the argument. I do not understand why you are so resolutely refusing to address the actual point I'm making so I'm going to stop.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It is the argument, because I believe the Pathogen's internally consistent with obvious rules, within Alien Covenant anyway.

It does not result in the biomechanical for a start. In fact the opposite. But with other things present recognisable in the titular Alien.

As stated it's designed to clean a planet of all non-botanical life to achieve this it ultimately either kills you outright or creates a hybrid form, the former we see with the Engineers on Planet 4, the latter we see with what happened to Doctor Charlie Holloway and Sean Fifield. (Hybrid forms) And afterwards it spawns Neomorphs from Motes and Pods. (Hybrid forms) I do not think it's as complex as appearances suggest.

SM

SM

Needs more Dexy's Midnight Runners.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on Feb 27, 2021, 02:16:43 AM
Needs more Dexy's Midnight Runners.

https://d2lzb5v10mb0lj.cloudfront.net/covers/300/a/alcm9.jpg
That boy can hear you talking shit about his stupid ears from the next continent over.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Hunter-Killer on Feb 27, 2021, 01:59:26 AM
God damn it, now people are going to think that my giger li tattoo is a marvel alien tattoo haha.

Someone needs to get a tattoo of the wiggly tongues xenomorph though, make it happen

Oh really? you wasted half your life getting that tattoo. Some here think he looks like the red guy from Legend and maybe Kerrigan.

bone grill

bone grill

is that sil or at least one of her species 

judge death

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Feb 27, 2021, 01:45:24 AM
I like to think that the goo actually came from the Alien, and that when it mutates it's trying it's hardest to evolve back into it with what it already has
Im pretty sure its actually xenomorph dna thats used as a biological weapon.

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

I am Hoping the bug woman is in fact a female engineer in combat armor and this combat armor produces a pheromone that makes nearby xenomorphs loyal to her instead of some alien resurrection bullshit that the trailer hints at.If you pause the trailer at the lab panel you see human xenomorph hybrid embryos.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed