Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,228 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I don't think it matters what the suit's feet look like as we never see them in the film itself because in nearly all instances it's digitally replaced with the digitgrade legs from the rod puppet. I don't know what to tell you honestly. I think it's clear as day it's got hooves underneath the mostly decorative feet.

Kradan

To be honest, i've noticed Runner's "hooves" long before these Marvel previews - I just forgot all about it. But what I like about them in that particular design is that they're not over-emphasized, they're not obvious. I like that one day you just look at it and suddenly thought comes into your mind: "Huh, Runner's feet kinda look like hooves. Never noticed it before . Neat"

Drukathi

Drukathi

Runner's feet don't look like hooves anyway! I don't even understand how one could think so. This type of walking is called - digitigrade. And that's exactly what xeno went with after Alien 3. Whereas xeno in Alien and Aliens is plantigrade.
Although hooves are an evolution from toe walking (digitigrade), it is incorrect to say that the Runner has hooves. Because cats and dogs, for example, are digitigrade (I myself did not notice how ideally "dog" is applied to the Runner.). But in no case do they have hooves. And marvelmorph has a classic hooves. It is clearly seen that this is not a high/short foot or toe walking. A horse or a goat.

Kradan

Man, look up the images posted above. If it's not hooves it's definetly was made to look hooves-like

Drukathi

I'm sure your cat has hooves too.

Kradan

I don't have cat

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Drukathi on Jan 14, 2021, 12:05:24 PM
I'm sure your cat has hooves too.

Cats don't have hooves.

The (many) images posted of the Runner literally show hooves amalgamated into the design of the feet.

Kradan

Drukathi

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 14, 2021, 12:21:45 PM
The (many) images posted of the Runner literally show hooves amalgamated into the design of the feet.

Read&Learn.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantigrade (Big Chap & Warrior)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digitigrade (Alien 3, AR and Stompy)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ungulate (marvelmorph and your hoovies).

HuDaFuK

So your argument is to try and apply real-world biology to a design for a completely fictional alien creature (with acid for blood) rather than.... look at a photo?

OK.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Funnily enough, the top post on r/LV426 at the minute: https://www.reddit.com/r/LV426/comments/kwp9l3/say_what_you_want_about_alien_3_but_the_runners/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

He's not even applying the terms correctly:
Plantigrade versus digitgrade's a whole other thing though, that refers to the way a creature walks, not the anatomy itself.

Plantigrade:
adjective
(of a mammal) walking on the soles of the feet, like a human or a bear.

Digitgrade:
adjective
(of a mammal) walking on its toes and not touching the ground with its heels, as a dog, cat, or rodent.

It's nothing to do with what I'm pointing out that's most obvious here:

Any yeah, it's totally got hooves underneath the decorative phalanges, you might ask if it comes from an animal with no fingers or toes why does the Alien have them?

So does the Facehugger, within every single Egg, irrespective of the host. 

Drukathi

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 14, 2021, 12:27:06 PM
So your argument is to try and apply real-world biology to a design for a completely fictional alien creature (with acid for blood) rather than.... look at a photo?

OK.

Photo shows digitigrade example. And it looks like real animals. In any case - it doesn't look like hooves, whatever it is. Or are you going to call an alien creature with acid instead of blood as a hoofed animal? Is this your argument?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yes primarily it is a digitgrade creature instead of a plantigrade creature, like the Alien designs from Covenant, Alien Isolation and Resurrection.

But it's also obviously got hooves in addition to that.

As everyone can see.

Drukathi

I would be satisfied with a photo from a film. Not figurines.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Drukathi on Jan 14, 2021, 12:31:54 PMPhoto shows digitigrade example. And it looks like real animals.

I'll restate:

It's a fictional alien creature; it bleeds acid and gestates inside human beings; it radically changes its biology and appearance depending on its host - it's already total bullshit as far as real-world biology goes. Saying it can't have something like a hoof on its foot because it wouldn't make sense on Earth is a completely null and void argument.

Especially when photos literally show it had something like a hoof on its foot.

Quote from: Drukathi on Jan 14, 2021, 12:31:54 PMOr are you going to call an alien creature with acid instead of blood as a hoofed animal? Is this your argument?

I don't believe I said that. I said part of its foot looks quite hoof-inspired. Others seemingly think so too.

Given how the Alien famously takes physical traits from its host, as I just mentioned, including some bovine traits (from the original Ox host) in the design makes sense.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed