How does “Cryogenic Sleep” occur in the films?

Started by RipleyC8, Aug 21, 2020, 03:20:10 AM

Author
How does “Cryogenic Sleep” occur in the films? (Read 4,210 times)

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Aug 25, 2020, 11:30:50 PM
Yeah I do.  Unless there's another contradictory mention of the 0.74 as max speed I just have "high cruising speed".

Great.  Now I'm going to be tearing my hair out trying to find the source of that quote.  >:(

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Quote from: SiL on Aug 25, 2020, 11:40:50 PM
It mentions it can go faster, but says it's not sustainable and doesn't say by how much.

My car mechanic will never give me a straight answer either.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 25, 2020, 11:44:52 PM
Quote from: SM on Aug 25, 2020, 11:30:50 PM
Yeah I do.  Unless there's another contradictory mention of the 0.74 as max speed I just have "high cruising speed".

Great.  Now I'm going to be tearing my hair out trying to find the source of that quote.  >:(

Much of the CMTM is reprinted from the original Dark Horse UK magazine articles, right? Was it from there?

SiL

Quote from: SpaceKase on Aug 25, 2020, 11:45:16 PM
My car mechanic will never give me a straight answer either.
The car manufacturer does, though.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SpaceKase on Aug 25, 2020, 11:45:16 PM
Much of the CMTM is reprinted from the original Dark Horse UK magazine articles, right? Was it from there?

Beats me.  Maybe it was from a wiki or someone else "cited" it in an old forum post somewhere else and I took it at face value, but I'm usually more careful than that.  Just look at all the Google results that say the same thing, essentially word for word:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=sulaco+%22maximum+speed+of+0.74%22

SiL

I thiiiink this is 1st ed.

Local Trouble

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Hey man, I'm just glad that there are enough nerds out here to passionately debate the hypothetical top speeds of a fictional ship from a movie sequel made over a third of a century ago. I say ooh-f**kin'-rah. Sorry for hijacking the thread, RipleyC8!

Kradan

Local Trouble

SpaceKase

You watched it, you can't Un-watch it! Stay tuned for more... "Tales of Interest"!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed