Ask John Shirley

Started by JohnShirley, Jan 29, 2007, 04:14:40 AM

Author
Ask John Shirley (Read 40,761 times)

JohnShirley

JohnShirley

Hi as per request I've dropped in - not sure I'm posting in the right place the right way. Let me know if you want me to do it somewhere else. I wrote Predator: Forever Midnight, the novel,and the forthcoming Alien: STeel Moon. Some liked Forever Midnight and someone or other, possibly several someones, thought it strayed too much from information I was never given...

The John Shirley website, created by fans, with way too much information, is savailable to the curious at www.darkecho.com/johnshirley

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm glad you could drop by, John. I'd like folks to remember to be civil when posing questions. I'm attempting to get the new DH Press authors together here, and because of that I'd all like you to show some respect.

Thanks for dropping by, John. I hope you like it it.

SM

SM

Quotethe forthcoming Alien: STeel Moon

Much better title than the previously reported 'Steel Egg'.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

In the interview, you mentioned you didn't know what the Space Jockey was when I asked you if the Egg was Jockey technology. If I tell you that the Space Jockeys are the creatures from Alien, and the Derelict Ship their creation, would you be able to answer that question again?

AvPGalaxy - It's quite an intriguing story and I'll admit, the idea behind this "Egg Ship" has got my attention. Is the Egg meant to be a Space Jockey ship?

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

Hello John,

I finish Forever Midnight a while ago and had been meaning to ask some questions.

1# why did you make the Hish a hermaprhodite race, rather then single gender ?

2# I know you didn't research the books and comics because you were only suppose to research the movies, but would you include the former race the Yautja in another novel ? or since there are other clans would you do things differently with a new clan ?

3# Out of all the chaos near the end, how come Ness's second in command just turn against him when he is trying to protect his family ?

4# will you do another Predator novel ? and if yes would you include a different clan or would this clan be similiar to the ones in FM ?

5# are you guys allow to touch the AVP property yet for books ?

thanks for your time.

Corporal Hicks

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

thanks Hicks, it seems so odd that they acquire both franchises but they can't get the AVP franchise.  ???

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Apparently another publisher has the exclusive rights to AvP. I think it's Harper-Collins who did the movie novelization.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

wonder how that work out ? and it seems that a AVP 2 novelsation won't be happening anytime soon ...

SM

SM

Ironic that the company that effectively invented AvP can't use it anymore.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

^ my thoughts exactly

JohnShirley

JohnShirley

Or my other works.  Novels and...I share co-writing credit with Dave Schow on the movie THE CROW. I wrote the first four drafts of the script, based on James O'Barr's comic book.

Other tie in novels I've done are Batman: Dead White, and Hellblazer: War Lord and Hellblazer: Subterranean. I also wrote the novelization of the Doom movie and the novelization of Constantine (which sort of has the same character as Hellblazer and sort of doesn't--in the novels I did and in the original comics he's a British guy, somewhat different than the Keanu Reeves version).

http:www.darkecho.com/johnshirley

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Hey, John! We were using this thread for questions for the authors - http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=219.30

I'll announce your presence here on the main site, direct some attention here.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just wanted to let you know I've gone and merged your topic with this one, John. And there's already a few questions by myself and BrokenTusk a few posts back.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I meant to ask you this in our interview, but if you did another Predator novel would you consider doing it entirely in the past? From your prologue to FM it would seem you have no problem with writing stuff for the 18th century and stories have been going back and forth about a movie set in that timeframe.

Would you want to do a novel set then?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed