Could this become a series?

Started by Born Of Cold Light, Jan 29, 2014, 07:25:12 PM

Author
Could this become a series? (Read 4,317 times)

WinterActual

WinterActual

Whats the point of having a weapons if you can't kill the alien?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I assume to possibly shoot items - for distractions and etc.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I would love to see the consequences of wounding the alien on the space station.

Snark

Snark

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 08, 2014, 05:30:25 PM
I would love to see the consequences of wounding the alien on the space station.

Hopefully something like "Hull structure compromised. Loss of air pressure in compartment C-25. Sealing off bulkheads 17 through 20. All personnel are to evacuate immediately. Sealing off section in 20 seconds..."

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Exactly.  Well said.

Seegson

Seegson

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 08, 2014, 02:01:54 PM

Human/android enemies

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Do we want human/android enemies in this game?  I thought that was considered one of A:CM's worst problems.

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 09, 2014, 06:18:37 PM
Do we want human/android enemies in this game?  I thought that was considered one of A:CM's worst problems.
The worst problem in the A:CM is that the humans are more dangerous than the aliens, and there are more combats against humans.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: The Necronoir on Feb 07, 2014, 10:24:32 AM
Quote from: piff on Feb 06, 2014, 05:53:28 PM
its a fully interactive 3d point and click.

there are weapons, but it becomes a moot point when there is only 1 alien.

all the successful aliens game HAVE ALWAYS had multiplayer. this one does not. not a good business move, as millions will just torrent it once they find out there is no real reason to buy the game for multiplayer. this is how the  world is today. millions in sales will be lost.
That's getting absurdly reductive. By that logic all shooters are fully-interactive 3D point and click, because you point a reticule toward an enemy and click a mouse button to fire.

It's not at all moot if the weapons are useful in prolonging your survival to the next encounter. Whether the alien dies as a result is the moot point. It has also basically be stated that there are threats beyond the alien - human and perhaps andriod.

Finally, a good game is a good game. There's no point shoe-horning a multiplayer mode into a a title that just doesn't lend itself to one. Aliens: Colonial Marines and the last AVP both had multiplayer modes that were dead within a few months of release. That kind of fickle market doesn't guarantee longevity, even if it temporarily boosts early sales.
Come on man, don't feed the troll. Besides, the MP modes were pretty fun for a while for both titles. I can still get into full 5v5 games so I wouldn't call either "dead." Although I play on 360 so that might be why I still find players.
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 06, 2014, 11:06:50 AM
Quote from: The Necronoir on Feb 06, 2014, 10:04:09 AM
3) If the enemy AI performs as promised, no two playthroughs will be the same.

The 4 times I died, each subsequent playthrough was different.
Thank you Hicks. That's what I was hoping to read. Most games work on purely linear story lines, same enemies come out of the same area, etc. With a bit of randomness and unpredictability A:I will be an Alien game worthy of the time spent in it and perhaps good enough for multiple playthroughs just for the sheer thrill and not just Achievement hunting.   

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Seegson on Feb 09, 2014, 11:55:56 AM

Human/android enemies
This is game breaker.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 10, 2014, 05:31:02 PM

Human/android enemies
This is game breaker.

I don't think it's that bad as long as there's not an over-abundance of them and they don't act stupid like in A:CM. Most Alien games have had human enemies at some point but A:CM was the first game where it annoyed me. I'm not really for or against them, tbh, but if they're done well and don't ruin the experience it should be fine.

Seegson

Seegson

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 10, 2014, 05:31:02 PM

Human/android enemies
This is game breaker.

This is not ACM, the way you interact with the alien have nothing to do with ACM. So humans/android interactions should be completely different. For example...you have only 2 bullet...so if you are lucky, perhaps you could manage to damage the android arm...or leg...so its more difficult for him to hurt or catch you. Im.not talking about COD like gunfire

WinterActual

WinterActual

Sure  ::) I am hearing about this magical separate body parts damage on the android body since AvP 2 and I have yet to see it happens in any game featuring android enemies.

Seegson

Seegson

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 11, 2014, 02:32:36 PM
Sure  ::) I am hearing about this magical separate body parts damage on the android body since AvP 2 and I have yet to see it happens in any game featuring android enemies.

In AvP1 you can destroy androids arms, and they still manage to reload a shootgun with the remaining one!

gabgrave

gabgrave

Quote from: Seegson on Feb 11, 2014, 02:44:10 PM
In AvP1 you can destroy androids arms, and they still manage to reload a shootgun with the remaining one!

Androids have been reloading shotguns with one arm since Terminator 2. 8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed