Hoping for a comeback!!!

Started by Veteran Warrior, Jan 25, 2021, 02:21:46 AM

Author
Hoping for a comeback!!! (Read 631 times)

Veteran Warrior

Veteran Warrior

I'm a HUGE fan of the game and the PREDATOR franchise as a whole and I'm thankful we finally got a predator game because lord knows Alien has enough but I'm really hoping the DLC's in these coming months of the new year really knock our socks off. Live games like Star Wars Battlefront 2 had a really rough start but after fan complaints and some reworking, it became an amazing game with petitions for it to go live again. Now yes, there is a significant difference in companies and budget between the 2 but still. Illfonic can make this game awesome again. I'm a loyal fan of the game and still play for hours on end up till today but it's just gotten repetitive and a bit stagnant.

I'm excited for the new maps and lone wolf mode. Hopefully it breathes new life into the game. I also read in one of the AVPGalaxy articles of how Illfonic should pull a Friday the 13th and have a virtual walk through of the Pred ship similar to the Cabin walk through. What a solid idea!!!! Can you imagine, seeing scenes depicted from through out the franchise similar to how they did in Friday the 13th game?

I really REALLY miss Predator: Concrete Jungle! They game consumed my life haha and I'm sure it'd be hard but to have an urban setting or some kind of small city/building infrastructure because their mechanics were made for the jungle but that'd be so cool! We really need some kind of a single player mode for the predator that has a story. Again, excited for the lone wolf mode.

Rant over haha

bendinglight

bendinglight

Quote from: Veteran Warrior on Jan 25, 2021, 02:21:46 AM
We really need some kind of a single player mode for the predator that has a story. Again, excited for the lone wolf mode.

I hear ya on the single player but it doesn't really seem viable since the game was built as a multi-player title. If I remember correctly, F13 implemented bots for their 'single player' experience and it really isn't that fun, imo. And for players that are level 150 or just higher tier players will just get bored with bots. It would get super old, super fast, killing AI in PHG - especially considering how poor the movement of the AI is already.

RidgeTop hit the nail on the head in that the game needs more maps, stats tracking (maybe even ranks?), and Steam release -- those, in addition to bug/balance fixes, are the most critical items, imo.

Veteran Warrior

Veteran Warrior

Quote from: bendinglight on Jan 25, 2021, 10:43:16 PM
Quote from: Veteran Warrior on Jan 25, 2021, 02:21:46 AM
We really need some kind of a single player mode for the predator that has a story. Again, excited for the lone wolf mode.

RidgeTop hit the nail on the head in that the game needs more maps, stats tracking (maybe even ranks?), and Steam release -- those, in addition to bug/balance fixes, are the most critical items, imo.

Solid points, and I agree! Here's to hoping for the best! 🤞

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'd be happier with some smarter AI Fireteam bots. I don't have the patience to wait so I don't play the Predator much.

bendinglight

bendinglight

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 26, 2021, 09:41:13 AM
I'd be happier with some smarter AI Fireteam bots. I don't have the patience to wait so I don't play the Predator much.

That's understandable. Might be a tall ask to get such coordinated and deadly AI into a FT considering the track record of implemented AI tweaks to the NPCs (i.e., shooting from behind a barrier but not really paying attention to a FT changing position).

It would be excellent if the game was able to build into something nearing Dead by Daylight in regards to playerbase - it takes longer to queue as survivor than killer during certain times of the day...which that would be welcome in PHG if the wait time for Predator was shorter than FT. One can wish :)

Veteran Warrior

Veteran Warrior

Quote from: bendinglight on Jan 26, 2021, 08:42:59 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 26, 2021, 09:41:13 AM

That's understandable. Might be a tall ask to get such coordinated and deadly AI into a FT considering the track record of implemented AI tweaks to the NPCs (i.e., shooting from behind a barrier but not really paying attention to a FT changing position).

It would be excellent if the game was able to build into something nearing Dead by Daylight in regards to playerbase - it takes longer to queue as survivor than killer during certain times of the day...which that would be welcome in PHG if the wait time for Predator was shorter than FT. One can wish :)

Yes to all of these ideas! One can only hope!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed