Was Sgt. Apone a Freemason?

Started by Salt The Fries, Jul 09, 2021, 06:04:48 PM

Author
Was Sgt. Apone a Freemason? (Read 2,838 times)

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

When Apone is blown away by Ripley's power loader prowess, there's a cut that shows a masonic ring on his finger with a square and a compass on it. Was he a Freemason? Has this been explored in the novelization or any other media? Was there any mention of it in any version of the script?

Stitch

Stitch

I don't recall anything mentioning it. You sure it's a Masonic ring? It's fairly blurry.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Could be Cameron thought Sgt should have a ring, but they had nothing and someone who had a masonic ring offered it to be used.

That said it is possible Sgt is a Mason, Alien3 had apocalyptic Christians on a prison planet and Elizabeth Shaw wore her Father's cross. Also Sarah "Rosie" Rosenthal who is killed by Neomorph David breaths on had a Star of David around her neck.

Huggs

Huggs

Probably just something the actor forgot he was wearing, and it didn't get caught in post.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 10, 2021, 06:09:01 PM
Probably just something the actor forgot he was wearing l, and it didn't get caught in post.

This is the most likely answer.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Can't find any suggestion that Al was a mason, but several links with Brothers claiming the character is one.

Huggs

Huggs

I suppose that would make him a Space Mason.

Immortan Jonesy

I would pick the Space Mason above Space Scientology any day.

Huggs

Huggs

You mean Unitologists?

"Make us whole Jonesy. You have to make us whole! "

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 12, 2021, 12:11:42 AM

So no Tom Cruise in Alien films. :p

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 12, 2021, 12:28:30 AM

Yup, pretty much. 😝

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 12, 2021, 02:17:01 AM
Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 12, 2021, 12:28:30 AM

Yup, pretty much. 😝

I honestly can't picture Tom in a Alien film. :D

Immortan Jonesy

Indeed!  :laugh:

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 12, 2021, 12:26:38 AM
You mean Unitologists?

"Make us whole Jonesy. You have to make us whole! "

That's Mr. Trouble cue.  :-X

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 10, 2021, 06:09:01 PM
Probably just something the actor forgot he was wearing, and it didn't get caught in post.

That's not how things work on a big-budget film. There's a whole continuity department that collaborates with make-up, wardrobe, etc, to make sure stuff like that doesn't happen. That doesn't mean they don't occasionally miss things, but I doubt this is one of those cases.

On the other hand, wardrobe will sometimes present actors with a variety of choices in wardrobe and accessories that they can pick from. Many say it helps them flesh out the character's backstory and inhabit the role more convincingly. I'm sure someone had a thought behind it.

Reluctant Jeri

Reluctant Jeri

I think the Masonic ring might be Al Matthews own. He can be seen possibly wearing it in Tomorrow Never Dies, definitely in Apocalypse Watch and has it as an older gentleman holding up a Sulaco T-shirt.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed