Lurker & Spitter Action Figures at SDCC

Started by ikarop, Jul 18, 2013, 06:54:17 AM

Author
Lurker & Spitter Action Figures at SDCC (Read 42,298 times)

Mister Skeezler

I hate anime...and I hate these. Those superman figures look like Hayden Christensen.

TorsoInvader

Quote from: Mister Skeezler on Jul 19, 2013, 12:24:13 AM
I hate anime...and I hate these. Those superman figures look like Hayden Christensen.

lol i thought i was the only one thinking that.

cplhicks27

I thought NECA had the rights to do the figures? I thought those ones (NECA) were pretty good, alot better than the others that came in.  And as far as those two aliens go, they do look unfinished to me.  But the lurker alien to me looks spot on.

Tribal

Quote from: cplhicks27 on Jul 19, 2013, 02:10:47 AM
I thought NECA had the rights to do the figures?

Neca has the rights to do the 7 inches scale. The Play Arts figures are 10"  ;)

It's like DC and Marvel figures. NECA can make them only in 18" but not in 6 or 7 inches  :P

acheronbeing

Spitter skull reminds me a lot of the monsters from Riddick's Pitch Black movie.

Speaking of Riddick; looks we are returning to the Pitch Black roots:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1411250/

Xenomrph

I... I think these figures look pretty cool, to be honest. I'm looking forward to them.

Gridseeker

For me they look awesome; the characters design are superb, shame the game sucks balls.

JokersWarPig

Gah, its Playarts Kai.
Granted the designs for the in-game creatures suck for the most part, I would have preferred seeing Neca get the rights to do the figures for the game.

Xenomrph

Play Arts Kai stuff can be pretty kickass - I just got the Arkham City Poison Ivy figure and it rules, and I got the Lara Croft one that came with the Tomb Raider reboot special edition. They're *big* figures, and they feel really solid.

Having it not be 100% game model accurate doesn't bother me at all - I actually like seeing interesting stylized interpretations of preexisting ideas.

Ash 937

I heard from people who have had some hands-on experience with the toys at SDCC that it is a better experience to play with these toys than the actual game that inspired them. 

I also heard that the artists that were commissioned to create these toys were paid an extra stipend after they complained about being forcibly tasked to play A:CM to "see the creatures in action" before setting their minds to making the molds.

DerelictShip

Anymore pictures?

blood.

I was hoping to get them in 7' to match the scale for the rest of my collection which I will eventually put into a big 2m wide diorama together but seeing as nobody I know will probably know about the spitter or at least what size it should be it won't look out of place being 3 inches bigger. Will just make it seem more badass :D

Mister Skeezler

The problem with the PlayArts figures is that they're out of scale with everything else.

Sexy Poot

Looks like they're getting their own shelf than.

Sabres21768

The Spitter is going to be my version of the Praetorian Alien....at least until Neca makes one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed