First image

Started by SonOfTheDark, Jan 15, 2007, 04:54:02 PM

Author
First image (Read 23,742 times)

locusta

locusta

Quote from: Mikey on Jan 16, 2007, 08:49:54 PM
The yellow blob on the aliens hand looks like a lens flare to me... but i may be wrong... I do enough photography that i can tell lense flare when I see it... but that one is kinda tough but still looks like one to me...

:D Mikey, you´re so right. As I mentioned before, I altered the picture with different colour corrections and contrast addjustment. And at last I applyed a fake lens flare ona top layer with parts erased. That´s the kind of Photoshop work I do nearly every day.

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

So, thats just an unwanted bit of image formation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lens_flare)? So thats happens in movies?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Sometime's it's wanted in films.

locusta

locusta

Yes, remember the torch which falls down onto the flameable substance in Alien3. That was a nice done lense flare. Love that scene!! ;D

SonOfTheDark

SonOfTheDark

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 16, 2007, 08:29:47 PM
Quote from: SonOfTheDark on Jan 16, 2007, 07:19:32 PM
The pictures are available in different sizes on the press server ;)

So you had a choice?

Yeah well, I can download it in any available size if I want...

Yautja

Yautja

The only criticisim I have of the Predator in the pic is that I think the Pred's helmet is slightly to small.

locusta

locusta

Quote from: SonOfTheDark on Jan 16, 2007, 09:48:00 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 16, 2007, 08:29:47 PM
Quote from: SonOfTheDark on Jan 16, 2007, 07:19:32 PM
The pictures are available in different sizes on the press server ;)

So you had a choice?

Yeah well, I can download it in any available size if I want...

And would you?  ;)

DB

DB

Glad to see the very first image we get shows the Alien looking like shit. :D

The Predator looks awesome. I suspect you've all noticed how he appears to be holding back that Alien with such ease. I wonder if the Aliens are going to be cannon fodder?

Predator Schwarzenegger

Predator Schwarzenegger

It looks like a production shot to me, not an actual movie still actually. Still, cool shot. I'm in the process of trying to get it as a wallpaper...or make my own wallpaper out of it.

davebhamuk

davebhamuk

It shows that the film makers this time round as trying to make this a film the predator fans will want to come and see as I do think a new Predator stand alone film would make money.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I screamed like a girl when i saw it i saved three different types of the same picture.

December seems a long time to wait, but it will be worth it.

ace3g

ace3g

since I am a predator fan I dont really care about the alien design, and I am happy with the Predator design

Cryxen

Cryxen

im a huge predator fan but if the aliens are just cannon fodder the movie wont be as great. and besides you cant tell which species will have the upperhand throughout this movie because its just one frame.. it would be stupid if neither species had the upper hand in a fight throughout the entire film -.-

ace3g

ace3g

I didnt mean by my comments that I want the aliens to be cannon fodder.  I only meant since I am a huge predator fan, I care more about the design of the predators, plus in the first 2 alien movies you rarely get a clear view of the entire alien body in full day light.  I actually like the ridged head design + I don't mind if an alien kills a predator but I was just pissed on how 1 alien took out 2 predators in a couple of minutes in AVP. 

I also agree that you can't tell who has the upperhand in the picture because it is indeed a production shot. 

uhhhhh

uhhhhh

Totally awesome.

ONLY thing I'm not totally in love with is that in this pic. the shoulder cannon seems to be coming out at a funny angle, and the mask seems a TOUCH on the small side.

On the alien side, claws are sort of bird-like and oversized.

HOWEVER, my hopes are even higher now than they were before!! I am SURE that all these things will look GREAT on film!!

Other than that, pred and alien look fantastic.

MAN THAT PRED LOOKS NUTS!
asdfkjASDLKhas0dfaskdfjhAS)Dhl34kjhq048hKJADHAKSDJh0q23hqw349hASD_9p9asfasxcv!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed