Neville Page Designing for Prometheus

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 28, 2011, 02:32:38 PM

Author
Neville Page Designing for Prometheus (Read 23,937 times)

Corporal Hicks

AvP Galaxy staffer, Ikarop, recently discovered via the Worldwide Production Agency that Neville Page will be doing concept art and costume design for Prometheus.

Page has worked on more than a few big projects over the past years including Cloverfield, Star Trek, Tron: Legacy and Avatar to name a few. Page is also working on the upcoming creature-feature Super 8. You can find Neville Page’s résumé here which confirms his involvement with Prometheus.

Space jockey pilot

Space jockey pilot

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 28, 2011, 02:32:38 PM
<p>AvP Galaxy staffer, Ikarop, recently discovered via the <a href=\"http://wp-a.com/\" target=\"_blank\">Worldwide Production Agency</a> that <a href=\"http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2342403/\" target=\"_blank\">Neville Page</a> will be doing concept art and costume design for Prometheus.</p><p>Page has worked on more than a few big projects over the past years including Cloverfield, Star Trek, Tron: Legacy and Avatar to name a few. Page is also working on the upcoming creature-feature Super 8. You can find <a href=\"http://wp-a.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/PAGE_Neville.pdf\" target=\"_blank\">Neville Page's résumé here</a> which confirms his involvement with Prometheus.</p><p><a href=\"http://www.avpgalaxy.net/?p=4768\">Link To Post</a>

seems promising even though Cloverfeild wasn't that good as i expected but anyways im sure he will do fine with Prometheus...

predxeno

Wait, does this mean that they haven't started making the Alien/monster costumes yet?  What about all those sightings of "Alien suits" or costumes that everyone here is all up about?  Does this mean that those are all fake?

Corporal Hicks

http://www.screenjunkies.com/movies/movie-news/ridley-scott-could-go-back-to-rubber-suits-for-alien-prequel/

Completely forgot about this article but he never states they were officially working together at this point like the resume does.

And don't worry about the tense in my wording, predxeno.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Let's hope he pulls a Tron: Legacy or a Star Trek and not a Cloverfield. :P

dallas001

SO does this mean that the god awful designs of ADI, the poor mans Stan Winston have been rejected? If someone can confirm that I think it would be great. Plus I can assume Giger still has reservations about what happened in 1990/91 with the travesty of a film ALIEN 3.

Its been too long for fox to get it right. This should have been done in 1990/1991 when we already had 2 great films.

Valaquen

Quote from: dallas001 on May 28, 2011, 07:51:04 PM
SO does this mean that the god awful designs of ADI, the poor mans Stan Winston have been rejected? If someone can confirm that I think it would be great. Plus I can assume Giger still has reservations about what happened in 1990/91 with the travesty of a film ALIEN 3.

Its been too long for fox to get it right. This should have been done in 1990/1991 when we already had 2 great films.
ADI haven't been mentioned with this project at all. Giger was said to be on board a few months ago.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

As long as he's not a Creature Designer for Prometheus, I'm probably not too bothered. What I mean is, I don't the full extent of his abilities but I'm much more interested in Giger's aliens than his

ThisBethesdaSea

I'm not impressed whatsoever by this guys designs. His designs look like everything I've seen before. I've be more impressed with the fan images then his work. I hope he's guided step by step by Ridley and Giger.

cloverfan98

AW HECK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This guy blew me away with Cloverfield!

Wobblyboddle77

I think Weta works are doing the effects for Prometheus, i know it's not ADI or ILM, i read it somewhere but can't remember, but i'm quite certain it's WETA, theyre the go to guys at the mo.

cloverfan98

Quote from: Wobblyboddle77 on May 30, 2011, 02:19:00 AM
I think Weta works are doing the effects for Prometheus, i know it's not ADI or ILM, i read it somewhere but can't remember, but i'm quite certain it's WETA, theyre the go to guys at the mo.

Wow this just keeps sounding better and better! ;D

RoaryUK

Quote from: predxeno on May 28, 2011, 03:05:31 PM
Wait, does this mean that they haven't started making the Alien/monster costumes yet?  What about all those sightings of "Alien suits" or costumes that everyone here is all up about?  Does this mean that those are all fake?

I second this... what the hell is going on with this movie. Either the above info is old news (though I admit its news to me) OR the so called sightings of "guys in blue alien suites" were bogus from the start. Its possible filming could have started without some custumes, they did it with the original film, but now all sightings and rumours have thrown any hopes we had for this film into chaos!  Somebody really needs to clear this up, I dont know what to believe any more!!

Corporal Hicks

His work on it is probably done. Don't.worry about my tense use. We only just.found out he's involved in the film.

St_Eddie

Personally I loved the creature design in Cloverfield but to all those who are saying they hope he doesn't "pull a Cloverfield" with Prometheus, he is designing the costumes (as he did in Tron: Legacy and Green Lantern), not the aliens.  Therefore, how exactly is Mr. Page going to "pull a Cloverfield"?!  ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed