"When Shane Hits That Tone There’s Nothing Like it" - Thomas Jane Talks The Predator

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 29, 2018, 02:09:58 PM

Author
"When Shane Hits That Tone There’s Nothing Like it" - Thomas Jane Talks The Predator (Read 5,197 times)

Corporal Hicks

Collider have recently uploaded their full interview with Thomas Jane, the man behind Baxley, that took place during the set visits from April 2017. We’ve seen snippets of what Jane talked about in the various set reports but now we’ve got the whole thing.

Jane revealed that he signed on to The Predator without ever reading the script. Instead, it was his desire to work with Shane Black that fuelled his involvement in the film. Jane also went on to talk about working with Black, saying that:

I'm attracted to great writers. I think every actor is. It's all about the writer, so if you have great stuff to say and great characters and all that then you can shine and Shane is one of those guys. He creates a tone that is very hard to do. It's serious, the stakes are high, the people are real and yet it's funny as f**k. That's a hard tone and when Shane hits that tone there's nothing like it.

Cold Iron Studios' Alien Game is a "Massively Multiplayer Online Shooter"

Slightly off topic of the Predator but still relevant to us at Alien vs. Predator Galaxy, Jane also talks about the first time he ever saw Alien!

My parents took me, because we didn't have money for a babysitter, to see Alienwhen I was 8. My dad was like "Bring him along. What the f**k, it's a movie." He'd get me in for free. "He's retarded, he doesn't need a ticket. He won't understand anything anyway." "He's adopted, he's from Germany and doesn't speak any English. Don't charge him."

So, I'd sit there when I was 8 years old, man. I had no idea. We went on opening day. I remember standing in line... we went to the second show. The first show got out and we're standing in line and all we knew was this green egg that said "Alien." Is it a comedy? We had no f**kin' clue what this movie was. And these people were walking out and they just looked kind of pale. You know when you're 8 you see things that adults just don't see. I'm looking at these people and they look weird, eyes glazed over and looking pale walking out kind of quiet. I'm like "What the f**k is this, man?"

Then we sit down and the music starts... Oh, and we're in downtown Washington, DC in a wrap-around Cinerama Dome style and then one bar shows up way over there and then another one... I'll never forget that. When the chestburster came out my mom had a big Coke and she threw it on the person behind her and that person didn't get up and leave! I'll never forget that. True story, true story.

We finally saw a little of Jane and Baxley in the recent trailer! He doesn’t go into too much detail around the specifics of The Predator but it’s a really interesting read. Head on over to Collider and check it out!

Keep checking in with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on The Predator! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

preddyuk

He will be an inconsequential character.

426Buddy

Quote from: preddyuk on Jun 29, 2018, 03:23:22 PM

Why? Did you ruin the movie for yourself by reading an old draft of the script or something?

georgeromero

It's not about how big his role is it's about how he delivers. I have yet to see Thomas Jane doing an inconsequential role. Thursday, Punisher, Dreamcatcher, The Mist, Give 'em Hell Malone, The Standoff and 1922 just a few examples. In Dreamcatcher his role wasn't huge yet it was a memorable one.

Huggs

Inconsequential?

It's Thomas Jane. If his entire role consists of walking into frame, yelling "poop", then walking out of frame, it would still be fantastic.

YTL_Hunter_H2

Quote from: georgeromero on Jun 29, 2018, 04:08:01 PM

It's not about how big his role is it's about how he delivers. I have yet to see Thomas Jane doing an inconsequential role. Thursday, Punisher, Dreamcatcher, The Mist, Give 'em Hell Malone, The Standoff and 1922 just a few examples. In Dreamcatcher his role wasn't huge yet it was a memorable one.
he was awesome in deep blue sea also

KiramidHead

It's still a better role than he had in The Crow 2.

Original Predator

I predict a Pred will kill him.

TERMINATOR-SSD

i like TJ, i hope his character doesnt get killed off quickly. Deep Blue Sea, Punisher, 1922 etc he was amazing in those film. Hell even in Scott Pilgrim vs the world TJ cameo was well good, VEGAN POLICE ''its milk n eggs bitch'' LOVE IT.

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: Original Predator on Jun 29, 2018, 08:44:24 PM

Spoiler
Actually, in the script Baxley is killed by a hybrid. His skin is literally teared off. :)
[close]
Just so simple. :D

Xerxész

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 30, 2018, 01:04:43 PM
You know that not everyone actively tried to ruin the film for themselves by reading the script right?

Have some common decency and use spoiler tags.

Fair enough.
Corrected my post.

426Buddy

Quote from: Xerxész on Jun 30, 2018, 01:34:31 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 30, 2018, 01:04:43 PM
You know that not everyone actively tried to ruin the film for themselves by reading the script right?

Have some common decency and use spoiler tags.

Fair enough.
Corrected my post.

Thanks

Hollywood

Quote from: Original Predator on Jun 29, 2018, 08:44:24 PM

That seems a bit farfetched :laugh:

The Cruentus

Don't forget Dirty Laundry (is it?)  A brilliant Punisher short/fan movie that Thomas Jane made, it had Ron Pearlman in as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed