New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 114,819 times)

Local Trouble

Voodoo Magic

Samhain13

If only Dutch had made a tape regarding the Predboob question.

Quote from: Phobos on Nov 22, 2020, 09:35:35 PM
But why would a Male predator have curves?

Muscular curves.

Immortan Jonesy

Trying to milk a male  Predator must be like trying to milk a Bull 🤭

Nightmare Asylum

Predator Milk will be the white goo that they use to mutate their prey in this one.

Samhain13

We already have the Engineers black mutating goo.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Samhain13 on Nov 23, 2020, 01:56:49 AM
We already have the Engineers black mutating goo.

It's like pottery, it rhymes.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Samhain13 on Nov 23, 2020, 01:35:00 AM
Quote from: Phobos on Nov 22, 2020, 09:35:35 PM
But why would a Male predator have curves?

Muscular curves.

Because they drink their own milk?

Nightmare Asylum

funk_master_chunk

Wow, wasn't expecting this news!

Is there anything concrete or is it just "Native American female lead. Set in the past. Preds"?

I know a lot of people have been calling for a period piece for some time, but I don't see how it works unless the Preds have no cloaking and/or future tech.

What I will say is there could be scope for some really good set pieces and cinematic elements in a rocky/cavernous canyon.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Huntsman on Nov 21, 2020, 12:11:50 PM
Quote from: seattle24 on Nov 21, 2020, 10:45:46 AM
Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Nov 21, 2020, 09:04:25 AM
Okay whatever what's the Alien thing?

;D ;D

A couple of news stories broke yesterday about Sigourney Weaver returning. Their source was a Hollywood insider on twitter.... hopefully we hear something imminently. TV series or an Alien Isolation adaptation-of-sorts would be my dream announcement.
Sigourney returning would be a big deal. Really, really hoping this is legitimate.

I'm afraid it's not. Just more trash from We Got This Covered.

Quote from: The Shuriken on Nov 21, 2020, 02:34:50 PM
Ya know...i know it looks as though we have the plot all figured out. But we still don't have true confirmation. Is it at all possible the Skulls movie is just a separate project?

I think given Dan's disappointment, no. I think Skulls was supposed to be that surprise reveal. I really feel for him, but as someone who enjoys covering the hell out of these movies, that it might have been completely missed and off my radar until the big reveal came, I'm kind of glad it didn't go down that way.

skhellter

Quote from: SiL on Nov 23, 2020, 12:11:12 AM
Predator is a franchise born out of taking the piss out of excess "masculinity" in films so seems pretty fitting.

Can we pin this so that the entire forum can see it?

k thanks.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Lionhart on Nov 21, 2020, 04:58:44 PM
https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/arnold-schwarzenegger-new-predator-movie.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wegotthiscovered.com/movies/arnold-schwarzenegger-reportedly-interested-predator-movie/amp/

I don't know how legit this is

Never. If you see anything come from WeGotThisCovered or GiantFreakingRobot, just don't even click the links. Don't give them the ad revenue. Absolute trash sites, with fabricated exclusives and stories.

Quote from: Dachande on Nov 21, 2020, 06:55:33 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 21, 2020, 06:09:11 PM
I'll take the "Skulls" concept over that fan treatment any day. I really couldn't care less about reoccurring characters/lore in a Predator movie. The Predator concept is barely even franchise potential as it is (Predator 2 being as fun as it is feels more like a fluke than anything. Predators had potential as a concept but I wish that Rodriguez himself directed it - the movie had no real OOMPH and just kind of meandered in its second half). But if we are going to get another one of these, then I see a small scale, period piece hunt like the "Skulls" synopsis as being the way to do it.

Absolutely. Predator would work as an anthology series, telling new stories with different characters each time. Sure you can have some overlap here and there, but it works best as a standalone each time. Bringing old characters back as fan service is just a cheap way to appeal to people, and looking at the last few Star Wars films, fan service does not make a good movie.

Plus Arnie and Glover are both well into their 70's now, and it is not going to be as believable fighting a predator.

Yeah, I'm in with this as well. Predator just has the flexibility within its premise to do this kind of thing. To be an anthology-style series. Don't get me wrong - it also has the potential to do an on-going premise like Hunters was, but it can just as easily fit anywhere and do anything.

My only concern is with the characters taking too long to catch up with the viewers. Granted I haven't looked into comanche culture just yet, but I'm hoping they'll use folklore to get around this and actually get up to speed with us fairly quickly.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 21, 2020, 07:13:10 PM
There are plenty of things that can mess this movie up.

A female lead isn't one of those things. At all.

Indeed. As Skhelter pointed out above me with Sil's quote, the first film was directly highlighting and mocking excess masculinity. Predator has more depth and meaning than a lot of people tend to give it credit for.

It's nice to see them finally switch up the gender too. While I'd prefer an all female cast for the next Alien, I wonder if we might get some change when that returns. Now are we going to get a deliberately designed female Predator in this too?

Quote from: Phobos on Nov 21, 2020, 08:14:11 PM
Please god don't let it be a stupid Super-Predator. I hate those things more than the Crabators.

Just none of the genetic manipulation in this at all please. I imagine it wont. And I'm thankful. It's a tiresome trope.

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 21, 2020, 08:46:18 PM
My headcanon is that the bigger, angrier, uglier ones in Predators are the girls.

I used to like to imagine everyone we've seen so far is female.

Kradan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 23, 2020, 11:28:10 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 21, 2020, 08:46:18 PM
My headcanon is that the bigger, angrier, uglier ones in Predators are the girls.

I used to like to imagine everyone we've seen so far is female.

Why ?

von

that's an interesting revelation. i'm guessing the plans got turned upside down by the pandemic - just my opinion. has there been any notable precedents for such a marketing campaign?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed