Predator Hunting Grounds (2020) by Illfonic - PS4 and PC

Started by molasar, May 09, 2019, 10:13:55 PM

Author
Predator Hunting Grounds (2020) by Illfonic - PS4 and PC (Read 46,911 times)

Humanpredator

Sounds boring without a campaign mode.  Wouldnt this just be reptitive

Corporal Hicks

That's why it'd need some good content in the way of maps, customisation, etc. That's my worry too.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 10, 2019, 07:44:58 AM
3 different locations. That's really not a lot.  :-\  The stale potential is real there. I really hope they go for a larger map count with HG.

It started with 3 locations, but later downloadable content provided a fourth location, and different maps within those previous locations. Plus DLC characters and skins and such.

Then a big lawsuit took the game off the market where no one could purchase the game anymore so who knows what else would have been made available. The developers were forced to announce they were cancelling all future DLC because of that ongoing lawsuit.

Now in Friday the 13th you could also call in a playable hero. I wonder if Dutch will be this game's Tommy Jarvis!  :o

You know I was just thinking, in the Friday the 13th game you could unlock different Jasons to play from different sequels.

How wild would it be if they apply the same to to their Predator game, where you can unlock the City Hunter, the Berserker, etc.

Darkness

Very surprising. Never expected a standalone Predator game.

It does sound in the same vein as Friday 13th which I thought was just awful. I spent about half an hour on that when they gave us it on PS Plus. It has its fans, I guess but it got old real quickly.

But I'm glad they're doing something with the license.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Darkness on May 10, 2019, 02:06:12 PM
Very surprising. Never expected a standalone Predator game.

It does sound in the same vein as Friday 13th which I thought was just awful. I spent about half an hour on that when they gave us it on PS Plus. It has its fans, I guess but it got old real quickly.

But I'm glad they're doing something with the license.

After 30 Minutes it got old for you? Ouch! You're a tough cookie!  :)

Darkness

Yeah, coming from a Friday 13th fan too. It was just tedious and sluggish to play. I'm not really into multiplayer only games like Destiny to start with.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Darkness on May 10, 2019, 02:17:20 PM
Yeah, coming from a Friday 13th fan too. It was just tedious and sluggish to play. I'm not really into multiplayer only games like Destiny to start with.

Aw man it's fun as hell to me, but I dig multiplayer.

I believe Illfonic said at the time they were working on a solo single-player campaign as DLC, but that damn lawsuit squashed it. Hopefully this Predator comes with solo play out of the box.

Darkness

Oh? I didn't even realise it was the same devleoper as Friday 13th, just thought it looked similar. That explains a lot.

Jesscobb

So is this officially,only on PlayStation?

JokersWarPig

Suuuuuper stoked about this, saw Bloody Disgusting post an article about it and was taken completely by surprise.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 10, 2019, 07:44:58 AM
3 different locations. That's really not a lot.  :-\  The stale potential is real there. I really hope they go for a larger map count with HG.

Well F13 was supposed to have more content (at least Jason X Jason and an appropriate map for him) but the current legal battle going on with the franchise halted everything. I don't play it as much as my buddy does, but you can play as different Jason's from the different movies and each one has their own distinct weapons and abilities. Each camp counselor does as well.

It'll be really interesting to see if they go the same route with this, but on a larger scale.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Jesscobb on May 10, 2019, 02:52:56 PM
So is this officially,only on PlayStation?

I believe Sony announced it as an exclusive, so it would seem so.

Kailem

I'm hoping the partnership with Sony means they have a bit more of a budget to create content. Those few screenshots of the jungle map already look more dense and detailed than any of the maps in Friday the 13th.

Mike

We need Dutch as a preorder Dlc

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kailem on May 10, 2019, 03:47:56 PM
I'm hoping the partnership with Sony means they have a bit more of a budget to create content. Those few screenshots of the jungle map already look more dense and detailed than any of the maps in Friday the 13th.

Friday the 13th was funded via Kickstarter, so yeah I have to believe Sony will provide a bigger budget.

Quote from: Mike on May 10, 2019, 03:50:48 PM
We need Dutch as a preorder Dlc

Amen!

A Los Angeles meat-packing district DLC Map would be pretty sweet too.

razeak

I had some fun with F13. It has it's issues, but they clearly loved and researched the license. The biggest issue will be dedicated servers. This almost by itself made F13 not worth installing. Too many issues with hosts quitting and no host migration.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed