Neil Blomkamp Has "Moved On" From Alien 5

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 02, 2018, 10:23:48 PM

Author
Neil Blomkamp Has "Moved On" From Alien 5 (Read 86,447 times)

SM

Yep.

Though this 'blame' thing is a bit silly.  Blomkamp commissioned concept art of Ripley and Hicks.  She didn't have a gun to his head.

Scorpio

Weaver may not have a gun to anybody's head but she still holds the cards.

She wanted to be alone in Alien 3 instead of happy family with Hicks/Newt.  She states this in The Making of Alien 3.

Now she's changed her mind, because she wants in, and it's the only way it's going to happen.

Neill needs her, because his idea by itself isn't going to turn heads.

Weaver is in a good bargaining position, unfortunately Neill is not. 

Beatnation

Quote from: Scorpio on Jan 10, 2018, 06:17:05 AM

She wanted to be alone in Alien 3 instead of happy family with Hicks/Newt.  She states this in The Making of Alien 3.

Now she's changed her mind, because she wants in, and it's the only way it's going to happen.

]Weaver is in a good bargaining position, unfortunately Neill is not.

Is she tho??

When was her last BO hit outside Avatar? (because the same would be say about any actor from that movie), Chappie was ass and flops hardcore, The Defenders got positive/mixed reviews and most of the bad reviews fault the boring story and the terrible villain, a rol played by her.

I really like Weaver, but I don't think in this age and time she got much to bargain with Fox/Disney.

SM

She does if they want her for an Alien flick.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Beatnation on Jan 10, 2018, 10:39:35 AM

Is she tho??

When was her last BO hit outside Avatar? (because the same would be say about any actor from that movie), Chappie was ass and flops hardcore, The Defenders got positive/mixed reviews and most of the bad reviews fault the boring story and the terrible villain, a rol played by her.

I really like Weaver, but I don't think in this age and time she got much to bargain with Fox/Disney.

Fox doesn't care about any of the other work she's done, she's an iconic movie character. What did Mark Hamill(great actor) have leading up to The Force Awakens?

And let's be honest, Blomkamp is not an amateur. One of his three movies were nominated for Best Picture. Let's give the man some respect.

Beatnation

Beatnation

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 10, 2018, 08:09:46 PM

Is she tho??

Fox doesn't care about any of the other work she's done, she's an iconic movie character. What did Mark Hamill(great actor) have leading up to The Force Awakens?

And let's be honest, Blomkamp is not an amateur. One of his three movies were nominated for Best Picture. Let's give the man some respect.

Okay, maybe I'm crazy, or I'm just having a hell of a day but did you just give me an order?

Oh I'm sorry but I always think Peter Jackson was the real reason for the success of District 9.

Huggs

Huggs

Before Neil is ever allowed to get near the Alien franchise, let him make his long lost Halo movie first. He was quite excited about it at one time if I remember it correctly. Youtube video aside, give him access to that material and a decent budget, and let's see what he brings to the table before he gets to take the reins on a full blown Aliens sequel.

The weaver situation is interesting. I don't pretend to know exactly what's going on there, but I sincerely hope any demands or conditions she "might" have (or have had) do not prove detrimental to the film, should it be made. If it was indeed re-written to include her, I hope any input and authority she might have over the script is minor going foward. To segway somewhat, I've held back from saying it for quite some time now, and no offense is implied to Weaver or Neil. But, I'm legitimately concerned that due to the current political climate, and the tone of Neil's previous films and Weaver, we might wind up with a VERY political film.

And to clarify on any possible script conditions that Weaver might have had, or may have in the future. I merely mean to state that I'd rather we get to see Neil's original idea for the film. Whatever happens, I'd rather it be the honest portrayal of his original vision for the movie.

"No offense is implied to Weaver at all".

I just hope she doesn't use any potential influence to force changes on a film that could've had serious potential just the way it was.

SM

Quote from: Beatnation on Jan 11, 2018, 12:04:34 AM

Is she tho??

Okay, maybe I'm crazy, or I'm just having a hell of a day but did you just give me an order?

Oh I'm sorry but I always think Peter Jackson was the real reason for the success of District 9.

What creative role did Peter J in District 9.  Being named a producer doesn't necessarily mean he had any creative input.  It's more than likely he just used his clout to get the film made after the Halo film fell over.

Beatnation

Quote from: SM on Jan 11, 2018, 02:34:10 AM
Quote from: Beatnation on Jan 11, 2018, 12:04:34 AM

Is she tho??

What creative role did Peter J in District 9.  Being named a producer doesn't necessarily mean he had any creative input.  It's more than likely he just used his clout to get the film made after the Halo film fell over.

It's all speculation, but what makes me think he in fact help with the script is that Blomkamp aĺways use the same writer for alĺ his movies and it's D9, the one where PJ participate,  the only decent, so take it as you wish but I believe he probably overseer the script in some capacity.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Beatnation on Jan 11, 2018, 05:55:08 PM
It's all speculation

So in other words, just some shit you made up because he pissed in your cheerios?

And yes, District 9 and Chappie were written by Blomkamp and his wife. Elysium by Blomkamp only. And yes, they got an Academy Award nomination, a Bafta nomination, a Golden Globe nomination and a BFCAA nomination for best adapted screenplay (adapted from one of his own shortfilms).

Beatnation

Beatnation

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 11, 2018, 06:14:09 PM
Quote from: Beatnation on Jan 11, 2018, 05:55:08 PM
It's all speculation

So in other words, just some shit you made up because he pissed in your cheerios?

And yes, District 9 and Chappie were written by Blomkamp and his wife. Elysium by Blomkamp only. And yes, they got an Academy Award nomination, a Bafta nomination, a Golden Globe nomination and a BFCAA nomination for best adapted screenplay (adapted from one of his own shortfilms).

No, it's just speculation, SM said producer doesn't necessarily means PJ got some creative input in some capacity, well it also doesn't necessarily means he didn't, speculation.

All those nominations (not a single win anyway) comes from a movie that Peter Jackson produces.
You know what happen when PJ is not there anymore? A movie that is terrible at best (Elysium) and a literal garbage, mess of a film (Crappie).

BishopShouldGo

Producer, producer... it's a different role every film.

Major filmmakers who have produced films have admitted they still wouldn't be able to tell you what a producer does.

And Neill needs to restock his cachet by making another smash hit like District 9, before making Alien. Recharge the batteries.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Beatnation on Jan 12, 2018, 07:25:17 AM
You know what happen when PJ is not there anymore? A movie that is terrible at best (Elysium) and a literal garbage, mess of a film (Crappie).

Pity then that PJ wasn't there for Alien 3 then huh? A movie that must be "terrible at best" because:

Elysium RT 67%, Metacritic 61, IMDb 6.6/10 vs. Alien 3 RT 46%, Metacritic 59, IMDb 6.4/10.

Even "Crappie" beat Alien 3 on user reviews at IMDb 6.8/10. Ouch.

Beatnation

Beatnation

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 12, 2018, 04:40:39 PM
Quote from: Beatnation on Jan 12, 2018, 07:25:17 AM

Pity then that PJ wasn't there for Alien 3 then huh? A movie that must be "terrible at best" because:

Elysium RT 67%, Metacritic 61, IMDb 6.6/10 vs. Alien 3 RT 46%, Metacritic 59, IMDb 6.4/10.

Even "Crappie" beat Alien 3 on user reviews at IMDb 6.8/10. Ouch.

First off, why are you talking about Alien 3 TC now? this is about the merits of Blomhack, not Fincher or do you want to compare those two? do you? I don't think you want.

Second, we all know exactly where the Alien 3 comes from, Newt and Hicks and a big portion of the movie being cut out, atleast for the majority of the people who saw Alien 3 and think David Fincher piss on their scramble eggs. Alien 3 -AC- it will be recieved VASTLY better today than it was in 1992.

As for the users reviews in IMDb I say it before, fanboys and haters dominate those pool votes, decieving General Audience of what is good or bad, don't believe me? fine, let me prove it to you when Black Panther premieres.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Beatnation on Jan 12, 2018, 08:33:37 PM
First off, why are you talking about Alien 3 TC now?

Because it's a bit hypocritical saying "Elysium is terrible at best" while saying Alien3 is a "masterpiece". In your opinion they might be but the majority of professional critics and regular viewers think otherwise.

QuoteAlien 3 -AC- it will be recieved VASTLY better today than it was in 1992.

So does the Alien 3 assembly cut totally redeem the film then?

QuoteAs for the users reviews in IMDb I say it before, fanboys and haters dominate those pool votes, decieving General Audience of what is good or bad, don't believe me? fine, let me prove it to you when Black Panther premieres.

Biomechanoid already explained earlier in this thread how IMDb deals with skewed user review scores.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed