The Predator Countdown Thread!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 14, 2018, 12:50:52 PM

Author
The Predator Countdown Thread! (Read 38,740 times)

Corporal Hicks

So...one month until release in the US, 28 until the UK release!

Highland

Highland

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 14, 2018, 12:50:52 PM
So Stoked!

von

von

Can we add a poll to see who's gonna watch it in which format? 😄 opening night IMAX for my first viewing!' Been waiting 8 years for this!

The Old One

The Old One

Looking forward to it.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: von on Aug 14, 2018, 02:31:29 PM
Can we add a poll to see who's gonna watch it in which format? 😄 opening night IMAX for my first viewing!' Been waiting 8 years for this!

Feel free to actually create a new one separate to this. That could be interesting to see.

Dannyboy

Dannyboy

This is going to be the longest month of my life! Can't wait though!

Denton Smalls

Do it NAAAO! Come AHN, I'm heeauuh.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: von on Aug 14, 2018, 02:31:29 PM

VHS. As God intended.

Tetsujin

Tetsujin

Can't wait!

yautjapet

yautjapet

I can't believe it's so close, it feels like just yesterday those set pics of the friendly preds came out...!

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 14, 2018, 12:50:52 PM

Time's going by fast. Given the uncertainty of what could happen with Disney, I may have to go see this in theaters. If nothing else, I'll always be able to say I saw one on the Big Screen.

Even so, it's still going to depend on the word from the street. If the reviews and opinions from actual fans are overwhelmingly negative, the full plot summary sounds terrible, and/or it's tanking at the box office, then I'll just wait for the Blu-ray release.

MudButt

MudButt

I am so excited for this movie. My uncle introduced me to the first Predator over 20 years ago and I've actually never seen a solo Predator flick in theaters. Only AvP R unfortunately haha. I'm so ready for this movie. I'm not going to watch any of the marketing. I'm actually surprised how good the marketing has been on not spoiling character deaths or big action beats. I'm sure that will change in the next 2-3 weeks but still, by now most big films have shown a lot.

Regardless, once tickets go on sale I'll be sure to get my ass in a seat with the biggest screen possible. A lot of my friends who've never seen a Predator flick will be joining me on this one and I hope it's a good introduction for them!

Danversity

Danversity

Quote from: MudButt on Aug 14, 2018, 09:03:36 PM
I am so excited for this movie. My uncle introduced me to the first Predator over 20 years ago and I've actually never seen a solo Predator flick in theaters. Only AvP R unfortunately haha. I'm so ready for this movie. I'm not going to watch any of the marketing. I'm actually surprised how good the marketing has been on not spoiling character deaths or big action beats. I'm sure that will change in the next 2-3 weeks but still, by now most big films have shown a lot.

Regardless, once tickets go on sale I'll be sure to get my ass in a seat with the biggest screen possible. A lot of my friends who've never seen a Predator flick will be joining me on this one and I hope it's a good introduction for them!

I'm very glad with that too. I have no idea how any of the characters die and I'm stoked for it. Hell, they didn't even show the Predators cloaked or plasmacaster blasts on any trailers or TV spots, that's ceazy. I'll try to hold on watching any new marketing promos.

Damn, can't believe it's so close. Feels like just yesterday I was scavenging news on this movie, hungry for any sort of look into it, and now... I'm

The Old One

The Old One

I've saw Predators in theaters and despite my developed opinion of it, at the time it was an enjoyable experience.

I was born roughly six months before Resurrection was released, so my first Alien film was Prometheus cinematically.
Although I was obsessed with the first three from about 8 years old before that.
I remember my Dad buying the "Quadrilogy" in what felt like a particularly long summer.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed