Aliens: Fireteam Elite Gets New Title, Box Art and Release Date!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 23, 2021, 06:01:40 AM

Author
Aliens: Fireteam Elite Gets New Title, Box Art and Release Date! (Read 19,405 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Prior to E3 Nils Ahrensmeier took to Twitter to share news of Aliens: Fireteam’s rename to Fireteam Elite, box art and that the game would be making an appearance at E3. That appearance never came to be. However, pre-orders for the game are now available on Best Buy and the listings are featuring the new name, box art that Ahrensmeier previously shared and a release date!

[Unconfirmed] Aliens: Fireteam Gets New Title, Box Art and Release Date!

The listings give a retail price of $39.99, and if they hold true, Fireteam Elite will be getting a physical release and see release in August! According to Best Buy the PlayStation 5 and Xbox editions are releasing August 24th, while the PlayStation 4 listing has the 4th. This may be a mistake though.

The Best Buy listings also come with a look at the exterior of our Colonial Marine’s ship (which Ahrensmeier also previously shared) the Endeavor!

[Unconfirmed] Aliens: Fireteam Gets New Title, Box Art and Release Date!

At this time though, this remains unconfirmed by Cold Iron Studios. Thanks to Drukathi, Necrofever and Warrio64 for the news.

Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest news on Aliens: Fireteam! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Jekku

Love the box art! Gives me some Contra vibes.

Drukathi

A bit strange that there are still no changes for the Steam version. Maybe soon.

Corporal Hicks

I'm liking the Endeavor. It's giving me Halo vibes, which works for me because Halo took from Aliens for a lot of aesthetics.

Sunveen

yesterday we had a chance to talk to cold iron member my questions being answerd : 

1., Higgs - ColdIron — heute um 01:54 Uhr
     If you are talking about the "trumpet/horn" type of death cry, yes it's in there

2.,Higgs - ColdIron — heute um 00:02 Uhr
You cusomize your character (hair, face, etc).

3.,Higgs - ColdIron — heute um 01:55 Uhr
Is the trumpet played for every death? No. I'd rather be scared and panicked than annoyed at the constant trumpeting.
[01:56]
Other death cries are appropriately screechy, and the trumpet is thrown in a decent amount

[00:02]
(In the "Change Base Appearance" menu)

4.,Higgs - ColdIron — heute um 01:58 Uhr
M41a2 is the new pulse rifle for Fireteam. Nothing else to announce for now
[01:59]
I'll ask! It's a lot, but it's going to be hard to pin down. We use a dynamic system for audio that can, in very basic terms, mix together multiple sounds on the fly so it's not always playing the same canned track over and over again

5., Higgs - ColdIron — heute um 02:01 Uhr
Hahaha

[02:07]
Audio example- some guns, just the firing sound, has 4 files all mixing in at the same time, randomly tweaked each shot for pitch/volume/etc
[02:08]
My favorite pistol, JUST the fire sound is 5 audio tracks.

6., Not "play one of these 5"... all 5 are mixed together each time you pull the trigger

The audio design is f**king great. There are some very very awesome sounding weapons in here

7.,Higgs - ColdIron — heute um 02:51 Uhr
There's some good options for you too then... like tuning how much the motion tracker beeps at ya

Corporal Hicks

seattle24

Quietly hoping the 4th is the release date and not the 24th though I'm sure it'll be the other way around  ;D

I've already complimented the cover art but once again, it's decent! Express elevator to hell vibes!

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I expect they just missed the 2 off the date for that one. Another 2 months to go. Hopefully we'll see a confirmation soon. I just want to know for certain so I can book some time off!

Sunveen

https://discord.gg/9TrhxD7m official cold irion discored channel u can read all @ gameplay and feedback

Sunveen

yesterday we had a chance to talk to a cold iron member my questions being answerd @ cold irons discored channel
:
1.,  Q: Sunveen — heute um 01:38 Uhr
@Higgs - ColdIron  also want to know didt u fix the aliens death scream like the movie so I can stop asking for that all the time and do you have u the original pulse/smart gun sound from the movie
A: Higgs - ColdIron — heute um 01:54 Uhr
     If you are talking about the "trumpet/horn" type of death cry, yes it's in there
2., Q: Custom Characters?
A: Higgs - ColdIron — heute um 00:02 Uhr
You cusomize your character (hair, face, etc).
3.,Q (continue about aliens death scream )
A: Higgs - ColdIron — heute um 01:55 Uhr
Is the trumpet played for every death? No. I'd rather be scared and panicked than annoyed at the constant trumpeting.
[01:56]
Other death cries are appropriately screechy, and the trumpet is thrown in a decent amount
1 (also about Custom Charackters)
[00:02]
A: (In the "Change Base Appearance" menu)
4. Q: @Higgs - ColdIron  also want to know didt u fix the aliens death scream like the movie so I can stop asking for that all the time and do you have u the original pulse/smart gun sound from the movie
,A:Higgs - ColdIron — heute um 01:58 Uhr
M41a2 is the new pulse rifle for Fireteam. Nothing else to announce for now
[01:59]
I'll ask! It's a lot, but it's going to be hard to pin down. We use a dynamic system for audio that can, in very basic terms, mix together multiple sounds on the fly so it's not always playing the same canned track over and over again
5., Higgs - ColdIron — heute um 02:01 Uhr
Hahaha
[02:07]
Audio example- some guns, just the firing sound, has 4 files all mixing in at the same time, randomly tweaked each shot for pitch/volume/etc
My favorite pistol, JUST the fire sound is 5 audio tracks.
6., Not "play one of these 5"... all 5 are mixed together each time you pull the trigger
The audio design is f**king great. There are some very very awesome sounding weapons in here
7., Q: As someone with tinnitus that's easily aggravated by repetitive sounds Thank you
A:Higgs - ColdIron — heute um 02:51 Uhr
There's some good options for you too then... like tuning how much the motion tracker beeps at ya

Voodoo Magic

Yay to the box art, the new title, physical copies, and the retail price of $39.99! Woot! 👏

Kailem

Hopefully an August release date is indeed correct as that puts it in range of "close enough to not be too much longer to wait but plausible that they still haven't announced it officially yet." I'd really rather not wait until the end of September to play this.

molasar

Kailem

Kailem

An August 24th confirmation is definitely good, though it's a bit of a shame it's in the latter portion of the month. (EDIT: I didn't initially see the date because the damn IGN popups obscured it :laugh:).

Also that looks like a completely new creature at the .58 mark, though bone white, so possibly a bit Neomorph-inspired. And yeah they're really going hard with the Engineer environments. Looks like there are about as many of them in this trailer as traditional industrial corridors and such!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed