Aliens: Aftermath #1 (Marvel, One-Shot)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Apr 19, 2021, 06:13:38 PM

Author
Aliens: Aftermath #1 (Marvel, One-Shot) (Read 15,385 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Apr 20, 2021, 05:33:38 AM
Ghost Aliens, clearly.

I'd also thought holograms. Not sure how. But...better than ghost Aliens or irradiated Aliens. Plus Colonial Marines already used that last one for their variants. Not that you'd know in the actual story.

BlueMarsalis79

I think it's just a Weaver but with artistic license.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 20, 2021, 05:47:48 AM
I almost willing to bet some money that it's gonna be explained as Alien sucking a shit ton of radiation into itself
Boiler Aliens did it first!

BlueMarsalis79

Xenomrph

Just pretend I posted FassbenderPerfection.gif here

Kradan

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 20, 2021, 03:08:50 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Apr 20, 2021, 05:47:48 AM
I almost willing to bet some money that it's gonna be explained as Alien sucking a shit ton of radiation into itself
Boiler Aliens did it first!

Your point ?

Xenomrph

It was a joke

Kradan

ok

apc

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 20, 2021, 03:17:19 AM
To be fair, Hadley's Hope wasn't around in AvPClassic. The Derelict was, but the Tech Manual gave an out for its survival.
It's in Level 2, isn't it?
I *love* that game. It's weird playing it now. I remember installing it onto a 6GB hard and gasping at how good the graphics were... At the time it felt like being there in the wreckage of the colony (in 2145 -they weren't so hot on continuity back then)

Xenomrph

Quote from: apc on Apr 21, 2021, 02:06:37 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 20, 2021, 03:17:19 AM
To be fair, Hadley's Hope wasn't around in AvPClassic. The Derelict was, but the Tech Manual gave an out for its survival.
It's in Level 2, isn't it?
I *love* that game. It's weird playing it now. I remember installing it onto a 6GB hard and gasping at how good the graphics were... At the time it felt like being there in the wreckage of the colony (in 2145 -they weren't so hot on continuity back then)
Nope, different colony and atmosphere processor.

Ops Officer Jackson

Ops Officer Jackson

The glowstick alien doesn't inspire confidence. Here's hoping they get someone who can actually draw to do the actual art though.

judge death

Standalone story so I see it as non canon and then I can accept it taking place in the ruins of the colony and we most likely will see something far out as radiated aliens or ghost aliens which I think it is.

Why far stretched: first of all the atmosphere processor thats over 1 km big in height and widht would easily nuke the colony to pieces, wouldnt be anything left, as Bishop said: the blast will be the size of Nebraska. If the colony is standing like in colonial marines or in this comic then it breaks all laws of physics.
IF so then the xenos would easily survive it, seen in earth war and their ability to survive that such things are survivable.
Also xenos dont react to radiation, like coachroaches they are unharmed by it, hence I hate colonial marines making strange mutations and new aliens due to radiation, sigh.

BlueMarsalis79

Phil Noto can more than draw.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: judge death on Apr 21, 2021, 06:46:56 PM
Standalone story so I see it as non canon

Standalone, in this case, refers to this issue as a one and done narrative without followup issues. The term doesn't have any bearing on its canonicity.

This will be just as canon as the ongoing run Marvel currently has going; that is to say, canon until something else contradicts it, like all of the other expanded universe material.

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

So will this comic have the same page count as alien issue 1?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed