Predator 2 infrared vision

Started by ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR, Nov 17, 2020, 12:54:00 AM

Author
Predator 2 infrared vision (Read 1,149 times)

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

This has probably been talked about before but at the end of Predator 1, Predator took his mask off and the infrared enhancement from the mask is gone, his infrared vision was lost. In Predator 2 Cityhunter still sees in infrared after his mask was taken off. Was this a mistake on the filmmakers or it was not? His infrared was altered a bit but I think that's from the freeze gun that Keys was shooting at him

SuperiorIronman

I can't remember where I heard it (it may have been here) but it was a mistake.

I feel like Voodoo could probably elaborate on it.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

It's a goof.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Hicks likes to imagine contact lenses. :)

I chalk it up to creative license in an insanely 9 month rushed production, because what you were expecting, i.e. the distorted vision, was indeed originally in the Thomas Brothers script.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 17, 2020, 02:23:26 AM
Hicks likes to imagine contact lenses. :)

My head-canon is that each Predator has some implants, or contact lenses that's set to a specific default visual frequency. I know Predator's was intended to be an unfiltered IR, but I imagine it's something else. City Hunter just chose IR. In my head, anyway.

SiL

SiL

I head canon it as the ambient temperature of the jungle turned everything into a blur in Predator, which was a problem the production team faced.

Stitch

Stitch

They were planning uber-predator all the way back then!  :o

SuperiorIronman

Kind of funny that The Predator of all things has a decent enough answer to this. Some sort of contact lens or cybernetics that don't require Assassin to wear a mask. We could assume City Hunter had much the same thing. So Hicks could be right about that if anybody ever decided to make the connection. I mean for a species that does tend to loose its masks that'd probably be a useful feature.

I think at one point there was lore that said City Hunter knew about what happened to Jungle Hunter so assuming that was still in play he could've gotten something like that as a precaution.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Nov 17, 2020, 03:15:30 PM
Kind of funny that The Predator of all things has a decent enough answer to this. Some sort of contact lens or cybernetics that don't require Assassin to wear a mask. We could assume City Hunter had much the same thing. So Hicks could be right about that if anybody ever decided to make the connection. I mean for a species that does tend to loose its masks that'd probably be a useful feature.

I think at one point there was lore that said City Hunter knew about what happened to Jungle Hunter so assuming that was still in play he could've gotten something like that as a precaution.

I'm not certain that would be a motivation though. Jungle Hunter removed his bio-mask by his own free will.

Master

Master

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Nov 17, 2020, 03:15:30 PM

Of all things, what I don`t like the most about Upgrade`s desing in lack of Mask  :(

To the subject I always thought it was lower temperature of the slaughterhouse, that made unmasked vision unchanged. There is also space ship, but temperature there could have also been lower at purpose. It good non the less, but explainable one ;)

germanator2

germanator2

Even if it was a mistake on the filmmaker's part, it makes sense that it was still blue, at least in the slaughter house. Since they were in a cold environment in the slaughter house, it'd make sense that there's no heat (red). The only continuity error when we see his vision is when he's hanging from the roof and in the ship.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed