E3 Teaser Trailer / Release Window / Official Site + Screenshot

Started by ikarop, Jun 01, 2011, 03:03:03 PM

Author
E3 Teaser Trailer / Release Window / Official Site + Screenshot (Read 66,870 times)

Nope

Quote from: P.B. on Jun 04, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
Nobody has mentioned the A:R back spines.... It's not that I'm not gonna want to play this game, it's just they are soooo close to a perfect aliens game for the first time ever and they don't go all the way...

1. Better or very little voice acting done by actors that don't do video games...
2. insect like movement instead of panther/jungle boy grace.
3. design accurate to the film they are basing the game on.
4. no crawling on the ground./ in wide open spaces/ broad daylight
5. single player mode without being followed around by ai marines shooting what you are aiming at/ getting in your way.

Other than that stuff it looks pretty dang exciting. :laugh:
The voice acting was great. And, obviously there will be a AI marines, hence the term squad based. And whats wrong with the AI shooting at what your aiming at?

chupacabras acheronsis

i think he means that they select their own targets to be more effective.

Chris!(($$))!

I don't understand what he means by insect movement instead of panther grace... Xenos are supposed to be swift and intimidating so it should be like a combination of those two.

RagingDragon

I understand, I HATE the alien movement in AvP films, they look like cats to me.  In the first two films, they move more like people which is how they should move.  Even in Aliens, when they're crawling around and jumping off walls, they really have that humanoid feel, not like some big cat.  That makes them less scary, less Alien and more, well, big cat.  :)

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Jun 03, 2011, 11:39:02 PM
Are you complaining that James Cameron didn't want to waste money buying a basket ball team to portray themselves at monsters in a movie?
Duh! ... JK Of course not! He'd only need about 5 to 6 guys. Seriously, though... buying a basketball team?

We need to get back on topic.

Quote from: Huol on Jun 04, 2011, 01:00:10 AM
Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Jun 03, 2011, 04:59:00 PM
What happened to the Alien Warrior models used in the older A:CM screens? :-\

Srsly?

They were hideous.
Say what?! ??? You're kidding right? They still needed some work but they were pretty damn authentic. More authentic then what we saw in the new trailer, that's for sure. They were a work in progress anyway.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

I thought they were more authentic too. After the avp incident, I don't want to be reminded of it.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Jun 04, 2011, 07:13:43 PM
Say what?! ??? You're kidding right? They still needed some work but they were pretty damn authentic. More authentic then what we saw in the new trailer, that's for sure. They were a work in progress anyway.

They still had their issues. The feet (not legs... Feet) need worked, the shoulders and arms needed work, the tail spike/blade was a bit too big, the heads needed work, their color was WAY off.

The new ones basically need work on the tail and legs. 

The Xenoborg

The older models had the normal-humanoid legs and dinosaur-like feet; I just noticed.   :o
Apart from the much-preferred tails and legs, the Aliens looked bland, though.

The older screenshots also show them mostly in bipedal stances, while the trailer, kinda mixes them, like AvP2010 did.

I like the new models, though..
Somewhat.  :-\

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Jun 04, 2011, 07:41:50 PM

They still had their issues. The feet (not legs... Feet) need worked, the shoulders and arms needed work, the tail spike/blade was a bit too big, the heads needed work, their color was WAY off.

The new ones basically need work on the tail and legs. 
Agreed. But I still feel they were much closer to the "Aliens" design than these new ones. Like I said, they were still a work in progress. The design of the new ones make GB look like they took five steps forward and eight steps back. :-\

In addition to the tail and legs, the new ones need the arms reworked and GB need to re-implement the 5th dorsal spine. The way the Alien moved in the trailer also has me a bit concerned. Definitely not like how they were in "Aliens". I sure hope they aren't going to be moving primarily on "all fours". Especially like how the one was shown. Also, I couldn't quite tell for sure, but the Alien in the trailer looked too small. *facepalm*

I suppose we'll find out what we need to know next week.

King Rathalos

Maybe it looked small because the only footage we saw has it going on all fours without it standing up in the players face (the silhouette shot doesn't count since there was no real reference to show it's size), and a quick shot of it jumping towards the player. Like you said though we'll find out more come E3. ;)

Chris!(($$))!

The 5th dorsal spine/spike IS there. I am 100% positive it is there. The arms are fine except they are missing the things on the elbows.
They aren't small. If you were 6-7 feet tall and you were laying on the ground you probably wouldn't look as big as you were standing up. Yes I realize the Xenos are really inbetween 7-8 feet.

Legs may be necessary for animations. If not, let's hope they get fixed.

Tail does not need the stupid crocodile sail. I highly doubt that plays a role in anything. PERHAPS if there are swimming environments in the game then the sail could be useful but if not its stupid.

Arms can easily be fixed.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

The dorsal spine is there. The first thing I noticed during the shoot from "Hadley Hopes Camera."

As for the old models, theres two I think of. The magazine covers with the fleshy lumps of shoulders and hands:

The okay looking models with better hands and more biomech:

Chris!(($$))!

The ONLY thing those older ones have better are their legs and their tails.

Huol

Are you complaining that James Cameron didn't want to waste money buying a basket ball team to portray themselves at monsters in a movie?
Duh! ... JK Of course not! He'd only need about 5 to 6 guys. Seriously, though... buying a basketball team?

Srsly?

They were hideous.
Say what?! ??? You're kidding right? They still needed some work but they were pretty damn authentic.

Nope.

Grey_Yautja

Quote from: Huol on Jun 05, 2011, 01:31:04 AM

Srsly?

They were hideous.
Say what?! ??? You're kidding right? They still needed some work but they were pretty damn authentic.

Nope.
http://gyazo.com/e6f11f5f59b7ed61374764b122e87137.png

Kinda lools like it's happily grinning.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed