Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 386,758 times)

Corporal Hicks

I was so excited to read that update. It's about bloody time!  :) Can't wait to see that lovely hardback version.  ;D

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 09, 2015, 08:34:21 AM
Can't wait to see that lovely hardback version.  ;D

I have a feeling we'll be waiting a lot longer for the wargame/book and extras, even if the board game shipped tomorrow.

SizzyBubbles

;D ;D ;D oooooooOOOOOOOH! So excited! I still can't wait to get my hands on this thing (finally).

[cancerblack]

SizzyBubbles

[cancerblack]

This obviously means that the retail version is coming along nicely too. Unfortunately I can see this going the way of the Mars Attacks! KS where you could get it at retail before pledgers received theirs.

Corporal Hicks

I'd like to think not. Just think how horrid their Facebook members are now. Imagine what they'd be like if that happened. I think they'd want to avoid it.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Well, not to echo the haters too much, but here are some details:

- I forget who said it, so take these thoughts with a pinch of salt, but Fox is apparently in favour of a simultaneous release for KS and Retail versions.

- It's not unheard of for items to be sent to stockists early so they can be on the shelf day 1.

- It's very likely to take the lads a few weeks to send out all the individual packages, in order the pledges were made as opposed to (I assume) distributors sending bulk shipments to retailers.

- Then a lot of backers will have to wait for international shipping, and I'm not sure about other countries but I'm quite likely going to have to pay import taxes to actually get at my stuff (even if it's split into two waves), which means waiting for customs to inform me they've got my toys too.

Absolutely nothing against Prodos, it's just that with the challenges involved I can definitely see this happening.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Jarek Everthe team did fantastic work on proofing the rules and our graphic team managed to do all layout corrections as per the license owners request. The written (FINAL) content will be uploaded on Monday following "please review asap" email. We want this game to be available at the Salute 2015, and if we get the green light within 2 weeks time, it will happen (with pick up available at the Salute for backers, if we wont post it before 25th of April 2015).

Corporal Hicks

I'm tempted to head down to Salute to get mine xD I was considering going last year but just didn't fancy it in the end.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

From Facebook.

QuoteHello All.
A short update...
We have resubmitted the rules doc for approval, after changing (as requested) the US English to UK English. We have also proofed in-house, picking up a few grammatical issues where they had previously been missed; then finally we have sent to a professional proofing company.
We are expecting the approval back reasonably quickly, to the extent that we are working to officially launch the product to the wider public at Salute 2015. We expect to get the first batch of KS product out at the same time!
As always we thank you for your ongoing support and patience as we complete the final mile of this project. We know it's been an unexpectedly long journey and we thank you all for enabling this dream to become a reality. The light at the end of the tunnel is bright and getting bigger by the day.
We will update again as soon as we have the approval...

It's nearly time.  ;D

http://www.erklaerpeer.de/interviews/rob-alderman/

Here's an interview with Rob Alderman, one of the sales guys.

[cancerblack]

Salute is in April, isn't it?

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Prodos Games
Prodos Games Ltd says:

We are still striving to start shipping AvP by Salute, we are still waiting on that final approval. Two of three at Fox have signed it off and the third has made it clear that this is his top priority right now. So it might be just after Salute, if this happens we can only apologise for the further delay.

We invite you to come by and check out our stand at Salute, we will have something special on display. We can't say too much, but it's very exciting indeed!

We promise more news as we can share it and once again thank you all for your patience.

Finally, we hope you are all having a great 4 day weekend, celebrating Easter!

Thanks,
Prodos Games LTD

Mr. Domino

I'm simultaneously anticipating and dreading the day all my models arrive. I stay woefully behind on painting (currently working on a bunch of character models from GW's Lord of the Rings range, then back to working on repainting Attack Wing ships, and slowly hacking out my Space Hulk 4E set), and I know full well that as soon as the AVP stuff arrives, every other project is going on hold for quite some time.

[cancerblack]

Hicks said something about making a sub-forum for the game once it's released, so if that's still the plan we can get a WIP thread going and encourage each other to finish stuff/post tips for speeding up processes etc.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed