Break the Code! (PS New Production Still)

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 19, 2016, 08:04:57 PM

Author
Break the Code! (PS New Production Still) (Read 28,789 times)

NickisSmart

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 20, 2016, 12:36:42 PM
Quote from: NickisSmart on Dec 20, 2016, 03:54:35 AM
Jungle warfare. What is this, Contra?

What's wrong about jungle? Do you want all the time to see Aliens killing people inside ships/buildings? I think we have been spoiled by four Aliens movies regarding that subject and now jungle seems to us ... bizarre.

Oh, nothing. I love Contra and jungle combat (the gun battle in Predator is probably my all-time favorite gun fight in a film, or close to it). Spreadshot ftw!

Valaquen

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 20, 2016, 02:31:07 PM
Yeah, I'd forgot that.  :-[ Russ pointed it out.

It's easy to forget when they arrive on Xmas and after one night (two?) it's New Year. Of course, they're going by Earth calendar.

SM

The effectively ends on Boxing Day, but there's an unseen week between that and Shaw and David leaving.

SsgtJira

SsgtJira

Yes M4 with Rail systems, but in 22. century IS it scrap.. ak74/47 maybe in opereatitg, but M4?!! :))

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Is anyone else a little but bothered by the weapons they have been showing off in these last few pics? Don't get me wrong, I'll still enjoy the film but...

SM

What are they supposed to use?  Harsh language?

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

I think the numbers in are microseconds.

220512052104-130112062104=90399990000

which in days is 1.0462961805556 which is roughly the time in between these two tweets.

https://twitter.com/AlienAnthology/status/811209573738508290

https://twitter.com/AlienAnthology/status/810937981980708864

Quote from: SM on Dec 21, 2016, 06:33:14 AM
What are they supposed to use?  Harsh language?

M31A2 Pulse Rifles obviously. Not a typo.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I get the complaints regarding the weapons. I don't think it's a massive issue but with Aliens being so well known for iconic sci-fi weaponry, it would have been nice to have seen a little more original or better disguised. They toyed a little with it in Prometheus -

Ingwar

Don't judge the book by its cover. It's just two pictures regarding weapon stuff. I like them anyway. They look practical and simple. I don't like when things are overdone and look too sci-fi fancy. Simplicity is the key.

BioMechanicum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 21, 2016, 08:46:50 AM
Yeah, I get the complaints regarding the weapons. I don't think it's a massive issue but with Aliens being so well known for iconic sci-fi weaponry, it would have been nice to have seen a little more original or better disguised. They toyed a little with it in Prometheus -

My favorite bit is Daniels is holding a current issue F90 with an ACOG. They didn't even remotely try to make it futuristic.

Given that Covenant is set more or less 87 years from the present, it'd be like our private security/mercenary types running around with largely unchanged Garands or M1917 enfields (with original accessories). That's ignoring the fact that the F90 is largely just a modified AUG, which is as of this writing over 38 years old already. 

In Prometheus they at least made a passing effort to have the pistols and shotgun look pretty SciFi. The aesthetic of the shotgun in particular was cool.

The Weyland-Yutani security dudes look to be toting some AR15 variant with Eotech holographic sights.

Chris!(($$))!

Exactly. Its no big issue but its a bit annoying. Especially since Ridley seems to be taking inspiration from what JC brought to the table with ALIENS.

Now obviously in the shot with Katherine, we can't see the entire gun so they might have modified the F90 further than what we can see.

And the shot with what appears to be blatant AR15 variants of some sort is a bit more annoying because the AR15 is even more so recognizable than the F90/AUG.

Its possible the shot with the AR15s is a flashback of some sort. Guy Pearce did say he was going to reprise his role as Peter Weyland. And if its a flashback with young Peter Weyland, that shot may take place in 2020 or some nearby year where we'll still be using AR15s.

For reference Peter Weyland's Ted Talk takes place in 2023.

AsapJockey

Quote from: Predatorium on Dec 19, 2016, 10:36:39 PM
Quote from: szkoki on Dec 19, 2016, 10:27:35 PM
Dunno guys but this is shaping up like AVPR = they promise everything we missed so far (in Prometheus). I hope its not another fan service mess in the making....

Like Rogue ONE...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc2kFk5M9x4

the Force Awakens wasn't. Rogue one was way better than that rehashed everything is perfect for us cast.

OWLF

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 19, 2016, 08:04:57 PM
https://twitter.com/AlienAnthology/status/810937981980708864

Quote220512052104

What are the numbers referring to? I thought perhaps a countdown but seems too long for anything.

Still nobody seems to know. Maybe we should ask Mason.  :laugh:

DorkiDori

if anyone would like to join in with helping decipher the numerical codes, ive started a thread where i was able to pull the date 12/21/16 out of them... however, this didnt lead to anything. any help would would be appreciated :)

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=55887

lv_226

I really am liking the color tone that is being used for this movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed