Break the Code! (PS New Production Still)

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 19, 2016, 08:04:57 PM

Author
Break the Code! (PS New Production Still) (Read 28,793 times)

NickisSmart

Jungle warfare. What is this, Contra?

whiterabbit

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 20, 2016, 03:47:50 AM
It actually reminds me of Black Hawk Down more than Aliens.
Quote from: NickisSmart on Dec 20, 2016, 03:54:35 AM
Both of these situations could be awesome. Now all we need are giant dino-xenos.

echobbase79

That image isn't going to look like in the final cut of the movie, right? I hope the film keeps the cold blue look from Prometheus to some extent.

whiterabbit

Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 20, 2016, 05:11:21 AM

That image isn't going to look like in the final cut of the movie, right? I hope the film keeps the cold blue look from Prometheus to some extent.
Oh don't worry about it; the aliens will surely cut the power at some point in the movie.

mirek

mirek

the air is breatheable?

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 20, 2016, 05:25:58 AM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 20, 2016, 05:11:21 AM

Oh don't worry about it; the aliens will surely cut the power at some point in the movie.

How can they cut the power?

MajorB

Do we know for sure that the numbers are some kind of puzzle?

SM

I seem to recall they codes and stuff with the social media last time, so probably.

motherfather

How did they cut the power? Theyre animals, man!

The Bonus Situation

The whole thing looks like a still from a trailer for the new CoD or Battlefield or something, not that its a bad thing.

Also the floodlights kinda look like an easter egg reference to the end of P2, when the pred ship takes off. Very similar.

Have no clue what the numbers mean. But as many people mentioned already,  it probably has something to do with the release date for the trailer.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Dec 19, 2016, 08:58:13 PM
Weren't the Sulaco weapon racks stocked up with contemporary weaponry?

They had some SA80s and M4s, yeah.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Dec 19, 2016, 09:12:16 PM
Quote from: Predatorium on Dec 19, 2016, 09:01:35 PM
Black Alien Down...MURICA...that's the feeling I'm getting now and I'm not liking it :'(

Really?

from 1 picture?

This forum has lost its mind.

Thanks for the generalization, Buddy.  :laugh:

Quote from: DorkiDori on Dec 19, 2016, 09:45:25 PM
Its like people getting butthurt over a Fast and the Furious film using Volk CE28Ns wheels on a 370z instead of Volk CE28NRs... In the end, outside of major car and wheel nuts like myself, no one notices or cares. Folks are going to see Alien: Covenant for all of its awesomness, not the guns the marines/security forces are using.

No doubt but Aliens did spawn a whole subculture of fandom that are really into the military hardware and tech. The Pulse Rifle and Smartguns are just as iconic as the Aliens, I reckon. It's not unreasonable for people to be a bit upset.

It is, however, unreasonable for folk to think this spells doom for the movie. Let's take a step back and consider your hyperbole before posting and looking silly.

Quote from: Beatnation on Dec 20, 2016, 01:04:01 AM
AlienS fans are never happy smh, I hope Ridley make 20 more sequels to this and don't let Blomkamp get anywhere near of the franchise.

This is not a place to come and antagonize fans who don't agree with your views. It's a place for fans to discuss these films maturely. It wont be happening again.

Quote from: NickisSmart on Dec 20, 2016, 03:54:35 AM

Personally I'm loving the change of locale. I would prefer to have seen a hived up jungle as opposed to just a jungle but it's a refreshing change of scenery, I think.

Quote from: SM on Dec 20, 2016, 06:45:30 AM
I seem to recall they codes and stuff with the social media last time, so probably.

Yeah, they definitely had some number based puzzling in the promotion for Prometheus.

Lazarus

Lazarus

24:00 2015 12 25

Played with the numbers a bit. Maybe it's the release date for a teaser.

Anonymous

Anonymous

The AR platform will be around for generations to come due to its durability, versatility, and adaptability. It's not unreasonable to infer that these weapon platforms could be used in this time period, or at least an evolved similar looking successor.

What this shot shows us is that this film has some James Cameron to it. And that is a very, very good thing. 

BonesawT101

Just a thought, but perhaps this pic is from part of the viral campaign rather than being in the actual movie? Maybe the viral shorts etc will aim to sort of connect the dots from Prometheus to Covenant? ???

Corporal Hicks

I'm told it's from a scene in the film where

Spoiler
the crew are attacked by Neomorphs
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed