Started by genocyber, Dec 20, 2017, 02:27:06 AM

Author
AVPR Directors Cut (Read 6,187 times)

SM

SM

Those guys really don't like women...

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Gore for the sake of gore does not make things better. The unrated edition makes sense of beginning part by having the Predalien be on the scout ship instead of the mother ship ( after all, it would not be able to take out every single predator on the mothership.)
Sadly most of the other changes that the unrated edition gives is just extra gore which does not improve things.

*Longer chestburster scene of Buddy and Sam.
*Carry's death by Bellybursters is shown.
*Man gets head blown off in cemetary.
*Longer bellyburst scene.
*The blond woman's death.

I think there may be more but can't recall the rest atm.

SM

SM

The mother ship vs. scout ship still doesn't make sense.  Why does it detach while passing Saturn and fly back to Earth?  Did they forget their phones of something?  An insert of the bridge of the mother ship with some Predator captain seeing the PredAlien on the scout ship and ejecting it might've helped.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Never really given that much thought, just assumed that they were going on a hunt.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: The Cruentus on Dec 27, 2017, 10:57:39 PM
Never really given that much thought

That's okay, the director's didn't either.

You know what would have made that intro far less convoluted, stupid, and cheaper?

EXT. SPACE - EARTH ORBIT

The stars twinkle, a sense of eerie isolation takes hold as we slowly drift among the heavens.

TITLE CARD : ALIENS VS PREDATOR - REQUIEM

Suddenly, one of the stars BREAKS RANK, growing in size until it is a fiery inferno before us. It is a PREDATOR SCOUT SHIP. Much like the one seen in the opening of the original PREDATOR. This one is spinning wildly off course, venting atmosphere, burning up. Pieces of hull plating chip off and trail behind it.

As the lumbering mass of burning metals passes by frame, we track it. It hits the atmosphere of EARTH with a thunderous sonic boom. Fire trail forming behind it.

I could rewrite the whole damn movie, but that's like... Two seconds of thought. It's true to the hard opening of PREDATOR, eliminating the very annoying Aliens sound effects references which serve no purpose but to piss you off and have you imagining a better movie, and it builds some mystery/suspense.

The movie can doll that information regarding the crash, out at the appropriate time. Now the Predators don't look so stupid right up front. Hell, the movie already has the revealing moment when Wolf arrives and see's what happened. They didn't need to double-down on that information.

genocyber

genocyber

One way small reshoots to a directors cut could improve the ending is expand the scene of Yutani people meeting with the Weyland people in secret. Alexa Woods is reintroduced as an advisor to the Weyland company who confirms that indeed the weapon belonged to the same creatures from the south pole incident. Cut to tubes of xenomorph and predator skeletons recovered from other unseen battles that have taken place on earth. End it on one saying "soon they will regret the day they set foot on our world" with the predator cannon placed beside the xenomorph tail spear.

Scorpio

Scorpio

This movie is beyond saving, unfortunately.

The least they could do is fix the darkness issue.  They haven't even bothered to do that, which shows how much they care.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 28, 2017, 11:03:16 PM
This movie is beyond saving, unfortunately.

The least they could do is fix the darkness issue.  They haven't even bothered to do that, which shows how much they care.

Totally agree, this is the main thing that makes it unwatchable.
"Its not bright enough":

SM

SM

Based on the above still, the darkness was a mercy.

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

I recently sat down and rewatched AVPR and... it's sad that even on Blu-ray, you really have a hard time distinguishing any sort of detail. It's like a film version of a Rorschach test. Then again, I'm glad I couldn't see some of the terrible VFX. I hate that Predalien design so much.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Thoughts on this design?

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Jan 12, 2018, 08:48:06 PM
http://users.vic.chariot.net.au/~ryley/PREDALIEN.JPG

Thoughts on this design?

Out of all the concept art I've seen, I like Dorman's take the best. I don't see the need however, for the dreads, on every Predalien design. I hate them on that piece of art by Dorman as well. They flow more naturally and are more spikey. Still, don't like them.

SM

SM

Better than the film. Still don't like the dreads.

genocyber

genocyber

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Jan 12, 2018, 08:48:06 PM
http://users.vic.chariot.net.au/~ryley/PREDALIEN.JPG

Thoughts on this design?

It is a bit too busy looking with all the spikes on it. If the dreads were made a bit more slender and blended in with the rest of the head better it would look good.

Wweyland

Wweyland

I think the final Predalien design was decent, although you could not really see it with all the darkness. The NECA figure is pretty good and you actually get to see the details. The Predalien designs have been quite wild in different mediums, I remember it looked like a red bulldog in the AvP 99 PC game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed