Carlos Huante Talks Early Prometheus & Alien: Covenant Scripts

Started by Whos_Nick, Feb 26, 2019, 12:41:54 AM

Author
Carlos Huante Talks Early Prometheus & Alien: Covenant Scripts (Read 28,129 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Evanus on Feb 27, 2019, 09:07:00 PMDon't think he mentioned anything about her being in the cryopod at the end, although I suppose it's possible.

I mentioned something similar a while ago.

"Shaw should've survived but as a prisoner of David. Towards the end Daniels sacrifice herself in order to help Shaw escape. Shaw thinks she's finally free after all these years, only to be imprisoned again."

SiL

Quote from: SM on Feb 28, 2019, 12:17:31 AM
Daniels and Walter find Shaw's room in the film.
There ya go.

Should really watch the film a second time at some point.

Huggs

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Feb 28, 2019, 12:50:03 AM
Quote from: Evanus on Feb 27, 2019, 09:07:00 PMDon't think he mentioned anything about her being in the cryopod at the end, although I suppose it's possible.

"Shaw should've survived but as a prisoner of David. Towards the end Daniels sacrifice herself in order to help Shaw escape. Shaw thinks she's finally free after all these years, only to be imprisoned again."

Shaws death shouldve been accidental, and the final straw that sent David on the path to madness. His quest of creating life possibly being a way to resurrect her in gigerian fashion. Or she's mortally wounded and being kept alive as some horrific mutating thing stuck to the wall. Unable to die. An endless suffering as she is torn apart and mutates into God knows what. A whimpering thing kept in a dark and wet place. Would've been a good throw back to the egg morphing concept.

Maybe Daniels finds her and has to kill her.

SM

Quote from: SiL on Feb 28, 2019, 12:55:34 AM
Quote from: SM on Feb 28, 2019, 12:17:31 AM
Daniels and Walter find Shaw's room in the film.
There ya go.

Should really watch the film a second time at some point.

Don't think there's a curtain with space suits though...

Stitch

Some of this stuff sounds potentially better than we got. Then again, who knows what the execution would have been like?

KiramidHead

Funny how the flute was considered more essential than Shaw.

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 28, 2019, 01:59:35 AM

As a metaphorical phallus, it was.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 28, 2019, 01:04:00 AM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Feb 28, 2019, 12:50:03 AM

Shaws death shouldve been accidental, and the final straw that sent David on the path to madness. His quest of creating life possibly being a way to resurrect her in gigerian fashion. Or she's mortally wounded and being kept alive as some horrific mutating thing stuck to the wall. Unable to die. An endless suffering as she is torn apart and mutates into God knows what. A whimpering thing kept in a dark and wet place. Would've been a good throw back to the egg morphing concept.

Maybe Daniels finds her and has to kill her.

As usual I prefer my version. Or the one from the script. Then the captured-in-crypod ending would've been an extra gut punch.
In part 3 he'll finally use her for experiments while she's still alive. Maybe she awakens in some contraption. They talk, it ends with Shaw screaming.
Her scream fades as the screen goes black. Title appears. Cut to the new crew on the new ship a decade later approaching Planet David.

KiramidHead

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 28, 2019, 02:02:56 AM

Samhain13

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 28, 2019, 02:02:56 AM

So that's how David realized his impotence. Very relevant to his character arc.

D88M

God why they did not do that, the lack of continuity from Prometheus was Covenant biggest flaw. THat and the recycled ending.

dreamwarrior82

I truly expected while watching A:C that we'd get a Xeno that was in fact Shaw herself, having been exposed to David's experimentation. And then when we found Shaw's body and saw the eggs, I thought we'd get a more direct explanation that David had used the accelerant to revitalize her reproductive system that created the eggs and thus, in a sense, Shaw became the mother to the Xeno but...alas...

SuperiorIronman

Part of the problem with the Alien in Covenant was that it's pretty much here. Yeah it isn't exactly a Xenomorph as we know it but it's for the most part there. Like a B+ in the attempt by David.

Prometheus for all its faults at least had a strength in the Deacon. Building on the concept of the Alien and making something new. We'd never seen an Engineer get facehugged on screen, and post-Alien 3 just about anything could hop out of that chest. It's a new breed of Xeno that's also made of the base elements of a Xenomorph so who knows what it can do.

But Covenant just makes a Xenomorph and tries its hardest at justifying itself with religious symbolism, and what it had is also woefully incomplete.
What would've worked better is David's corruption of Shaw and the Engineers on Paradise. If David denies God (Weyland) then David will rule in Hell and if he cannot make life he will twist it to suit him. I'm in agreement that the Alien of this film should've been a mutated Shaw if she had to be here at all. David's influence and work ultimately turning Shaw from God (Engineers, her faith) and to David who'd be this film's Devil analogue. And you could've gotten creative with that in regards to creature FX.

Highland

I don't think the movie would have been any worse for having Shaw instead of Daniels. Probably could have even cut the dumbo Captain out completely and had the two women team up. Daniels being the Captain and Shaw being the cloaked hero ( instead of David).

David is obviously still the baddie.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Highland on Feb 28, 2019, 02:53:41 PM
I don't think the movie would have been any worse for having Shaw instead of Daniels.

It would have been better!

QuoteProbably could have even cut the dumbo Captain out completely and had the two women team up.

Now you're talking!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed