The Predator | Final Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX

Started by Tetsujin, Aug 31, 2018, 01:03:07 PM

Author
The Predator | Final Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX (Read 44,144 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Xan21 on Sep 02, 2018, 09:31:20 PM
I have no problem with anything cooked up storywise as long it's not overstuffed.... but it's the execution.

So you did saw the movie ? Talking about execution, you definitely saw it ! Common you can tell us now ! How was it ?

Nathsp

Quote. The dudes in P1 and P2  got washed up by humans, weren't able to go back home with their trophies, you "real" fans wanna see another Predator fail for the third time?  Now a supreme example from that clan has come to avenge those deaths and there is another Predator there and that's what's interesting to me more than even the Upgrade...that confrontation...why is it happening?  Because it's different than P1 P2....another Predator blowing himself up because he got his ass kicked...it was cool once, or twice....now it would be lame. 

So why not do a movie in wich the predator wins?  The smart choice is make a bigger cgi predator? Like indominus, megalodon, doomsday.. Very original yes.. And im not gonna spoil you but the upgrade is gonna die as well...
For me the path is to do a movie about a predator as protagonist, a more deep movie about its society, but yeah, the smart way to go is the standar moder movie, a big cgi monster that screams to the camara a lot, roar!! Some bad jokes, many pew pew and explosions.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: skull-splitter on Sep 03, 2018, 10:16:28 AM
Quote from: Danversity on Sep 02, 2018, 10:34:20 PM
I actually like Mark 42 the most out of all Iron Man suits, precisely because I always think it majorly stands out from the rest of them without going too far out in the design.
It looked rather cheap and generic, more a coccoon than a suit of armor, lacking much of the personality IMO.

Standing out alone doesnt make a great design...

Wasn't that the whole point ? For it to be a cocoon from which Tony Stark frees himself ?

azamultic

Quote from: Nathsp on Sep 03, 2018, 12:37:40 PM
Quote. The dudes in P1 and P2  got washed up by humans, weren't able to go back home with their trophies, you "real" fans wanna see another Predator fail for the third time?  Now a supreme example from that clan has come to avenge those deaths and there is another Predator there and that's what's interesting to me more than even the Upgrade...that confrontation...why is it happening?  Because it's different than P1 P2....another Predator blowing himself up because he got his ass kicked...it was cool once, or twice....now it would be lame. 

So why not do a movie in wich the predator wins?  The smart choice is make a bigger cgi predator? Like indominus, megalodon, doomsday.. Very original yes.. And im not gonna spoil you but the upgrade is gonna die as well...
For me the path is to do a movie about a predator as protagonist, a more deep movie about its society, but yeah, the smart way to go is the standar moder movie, a big cgi monster that screams to the camara a lot, roar!! Some bad jokes, many pew pew and explosions.

I would like to see the movie where predator lives, but not sure about the idea of him becoming the protagonist of the story. I mean we would need to get a really good director to pull it of. Until this moment all this monster movies had human as the main character, because it still not about the predator, it's about human characters surviving. So still main point is progression or you could say regression of Dutch character in the first movie. Probably you could pull of Predator being protagonist, but you would need a very talented director for that task  ;)

Xan21

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 03, 2018, 12:37:20 PM
Quote from: Xan21 on Sep 02, 2018, 09:31:20 PM
I have no problem with anything cooked up storywise as long it's not overstuffed.... but it's the execution.

So you did saw the movie ? Talking about execution, you definitely saw it ! Common you can tell us now ! How was it ?

Yes it was so awesome, saw it with five friends and then we soaked up more of it's awesomeness, this movie will live in infamy. You'll love it.

Yautja_Warrior

Quote from: georgeromero on Sep 03, 2018, 12:48:31 AM
Quote from: Xan21 on Sep 02, 2018, 11:28:46 PM
I can be way more negative, in this circlejerky movieworld it's ok to give an honest opinion.

It is bothering me... a lot, that we just can't get a good predator movie... for quite a while now.

I think it's your bias that doesn't let you enjoy it for what it is. If I expected P1 I would hate this movie much as you do. That's the problem sequels have to deal with. People always compare them to prequels and nitpick about everything. Like "how the original was 1000 times better" or "how the original movie had this thing correct"...
But I'm giving it a chance. If it ends up satisfying I will watch it in cinema more than once.

Somewhat agree with your second statement about not getting a good predator movie but still can't be sure without watching the whole thing first.

Quote from: Hollywood on Sep 03, 2018, 12:11:40 AM
Quote from: georgeromero on Sep 02, 2018, 11:23:14 PM
Because Upgrade looks badass. And that is my subjective opinion.

I agree Upgrade looks awesome. Especially considering all the worry when whispers of him hit the forum. The direction could have gone way off the mark but what we have based on the trailer is definitely something I'm amped to see.

Ultimately I'm pumped to see Fugitive too.

I love the fact they gave him brutish looks yet they made him nimble.  He's the death machine.

Agreed. People seem to spend more time nitpicking sequels these days, saying how they will never be as good as the original and never seem to want to give them a chance. The trailers and production problems really didn't help this one and I know we all want the best movie possible but sometimes a fun action movie is enough.

I could understand the complaining more if the other Predator sequels had set the bar extremely high but they have all just been ok action movies, nothing more. Hell this could be better than Predator 2 and Predators for all we know.

After the last trailer, I think The Predator looks like a blast and should be a ton of fun if nothing else.

The Old One

The Old One

The Predator should never be the protagonist.

The Predator shouldn't always lose either.

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: azamultic on Sep 03, 2018, 01:36:55 PM

I would like to see the movie where predator lives, but not sure about the idea of him becoming the protagonist of the story. I mean we would need to get a really good director to pull it of. Until this moment all this monster movies had human as the main character, because it still not about the predator, it's about human characters surviving. So still main point is progression or you could say regression of Dutch character in the first movie. Probably you could pull of Predator being protagonist, but you would need a very talented director for that task  ;)

What's the point? A protagonist shall have a background that can be attached to some kind of ligic/affection/reality the audience can relate to. The utmost interesting thing about the creature is that meanwhile it has some traits that are easy to pick up, the motives are hidden. Even the hints in movies create more questions than they seem to have an answer to. Making the pred the protagonist wouldn't be fun to watch. Eu is another matter.

Jigsaw85

The predator should never be the protagonist, they tried that with AVPR and it was atrocious. The predator is nothing more than a movie monster. If you try to make him a character and dig deep into his culture than he's just another Klingon or Vulcon. Having a predator lose at the end of every movie is essential, I don't want to watch a whole movie where the characters struggle to survive only to fail in the end. What kind of ending would that be? Who would  that please, except the crazy predator fanboys who have this ridiculous notion that the predator is too badass to ever lose?

azamultic

Quote from: huntin8-t0n on Sep 03, 2018, 02:53:33 PM

What's the point? A protagonist shall have a background that can be attached to some kind of ligic/affection/reality the audience can relate to. The utmost interesting thing about the creature is that meanwhile it has some traits that are easy to pick up, the motives are hidden. Even the hints in movies create more questions than they seem to have an answer to. Making the pred the protagonist wouldn't be fun to watch. Eu is another matter.

Totally agree with you, and it's what I am saying too. But I do believe any Idea could work if it had a smart director and producer. Again I am personally not a fan of this idea, but I am trying to follow a rule "Never say never"  ;)

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: azamultic on Sep 03, 2018, 03:00:59 PM
Quote from: huntin8-t0n on Sep 03, 2018, 02:53:33 PM

Totally agree with you, and it's what I am saying too. But I do believe any Idea could work if it had a smart director and producer. Again I am personally not a fan of this idea, but I am trying to follow a rule "Never say never"  ;)

Yea, sure thing :) It's just my opinion, but I withold the right for anyone to change it, who knows, maybe one day a movie like that is made in I'll be lik 'wow'
But at the moment, I don't think that would be the right direction.

azamultic

Quote from: huntin8-t0n on Sep 03, 2018, 03:12:33 PM

Yea, sure thing :) It's just my opinion, but I withold the right for anyone to change it, who knows, maybe one day a movie like that is made in I'll be lik 'wow'
But at the moment, I don't think that would be the right direction.

Yes, I agree  ;) Right now I think the progression goes pretty well I mean:

1) Predator (1987) : has elite force; jungle; one predator
2) Predator 2 (1990) : has a group of cool police detectives; team who knows and is hunting predator; megapolis; one predator and a bunch of them in the end.
3) The Predator (2018) : has a group of "damaged" soldiers( good contrast to Dutch team); bigger team who knows more about predator and even captures one; suburbs, forest,swamp, base, jungle; Two predators one against another; and yehh kid. But overall pretty logical progression if you look at it from this side.
Now I didn't include "Predators" in this progression list because I have a love hate relationship with this movie, and also because Rodriguez dissed "Predator 2"  :(

Yautja_Warrior

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Sep 03, 2018, 02:58:38 PM
The predator should never be the protagonist, they tried that with AVPR and it was atrocious. The predator is nothing more than a movie monster. If you try to make him a character and dig deep into his culture than he's just another Klingon or Vulcon. Having a predator lose at the end of every movie is essential, I don't want to watch a whole movie where the characters struggle to survive only to fail in the end. What kind of ending would that be? Who would  that please, except the crazy predator fanboys who have this ridiculous notion that the predator is too badass to ever lose?

I think that was more down to AvP:R being a terrible movie full stop. It could've had potential if it was handled far better and Wolf was still the most interesting thing about the movie though, with a few cool action moments (the double head shot is still awesome) and him trying to clean up the mess.

I'd be fine if the Predator walked away, still alive at the end of a movie though, doesn't mean the human's have to die either, there are ways it could be done.

The Old One

The Old One

There's nothing good about the "double head shot" either of them.
&
Humans losing completely would be refreshing, and good bleak stories do exist.

yautjapet

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Sep 03, 2018, 02:58:38 PM

Even if you ignore the cultural concepts introduced in AVP and AVP:R, I feel there are things woven throughout the movies that set the predator apart from being "just another monster." You don't have to delve deeply into his inner thoughts or background or society, or make him a protagonist in the true meaning of the word, to give him a personality and not have him predictably beaten every single time. Then it just becomes just another of these generic slasher flicks with a bunch of equally generic sequels where the same thing always happens. And like Yautja_Warrior said, him remaining alive at the end doesn't necessarily mean we have to see him slaughter every human character, either.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed