The Predator | Final Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX

Started by Tetsujin, Aug 31, 2018, 01:03:07 PM

Author
The Predator | Final Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX (Read 41,896 times)

azamultic

Quote from: Wysps on Sep 02, 2018, 04:47:27 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 02, 2018, 03:50:03 PM
Quote from: azamultic on Sep 02, 2018, 03:27:38 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 02, 2018, 02:58:48 PM
Quote from: azamultic on Sep 02, 2018, 02:09:13 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 02, 2018, 01:26:17 PM

Once again i agree  ;)

I saw almost nobody on here say that there are some really good classic movie shots in this trailer (assassin walking out of the ship in water... gorgeous) and yet people act like it was a direct to video movie sometimes...  ::)

Ohh man I agree, I loved that shot. I feel nod to Predator 1, and AvPR a little bit. ;)

Also loved these shots which were cut. They felt very dynamic!

Also i like that 20 century fox changed their logo on youtube chanel for now  ;)

Exactly ! The assassin walking in water reminded immediately of the first movie ! Same for the one of fugitive in the trees ! Shame that the shot of Williams and McKenna on the APC has been cut, very good shot too.

Ohhh yeees! that moment totally reminded me of the one where predator was looking at Dillon  ;) Loved that moment in trailer! Yehh that shot on tha APC was nice. Also loved that shot

Yes the fog shot is actually my favorite ! Eerie and beautiful.

Also my favorite shot of the trailer, I think.  Makes me almost sympathetic to Upgrade - seeing him isolated, with his dogs as his only "companions".  I think there was an article that sort of pointed out the rough similarities between the Loonies (being outcasts) and the Upgrade being somewhat of an outcast himself, due to
Spoiler
the degree of his hybridization.   
[close]

Well if this is the case, then this movie does follow the same motive as the original one. Talking about parallels between Dutch team as hunters and Predator. here is the good video!

BigDaddyJohn

Interesting... I also wonder how the relationship between the assassin and his dogs will be portrayed... Will they emphasize the dominant/harsh aspect of the assassin towards the dogs, maybe show him maltreat them in some way if they disappoint him, just to show how brutal and uncompromising he is.

OlePainless

OlePainless

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Sep 01, 2018, 05:03:54 PM
What garbage, that music ruins the whole thing.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 31, 2018, 11:23:23 PM
Quote from: Xan21 on Aug 31, 2018, 10:00:03 PM
80's ? It just looks middle of the road just like AvP 2 did just with a better cast...  cartoony gore, dark generic look, boring setting, check check check. But some fans will like it just for the sake that it is another predator movie just like another lame jurassic sequel.

Its not a problem if some aren't liking what they see, thats to be expected of any film. But the gatekeeping is garbage, your opinion on this film is not a reflection on your status as a fan. Saying fans who like what ghey are seeing will just like anything with a predator in it is bs.

I thought avpr was terrible and was lukewarm on predators and avp. I think this looks great.

NO they are absolutely right. The majority of people who like this just want another predator movies however it is. The have garbage taste and will as for seconds even thirds of this trash. They have zero idea of what make a good movie and love to tell others who are more intellectually inclined when its comes to even movies like this that they are gate keeping. Face it, there are probably some good parts in here, the kills i guess? But the vast majority of this will be trash. IT will never be as memorable as the first and even second Predator. Either you lack the intellect to sniff out a crap movie, or you have Stockholm syndrome via the franchise character and will take anything the studio throws at you.

Let me guess....you wanted another Predator movie where he was sneaking around the bushes and we couldn't see him and would just pretend to not know what he was.  He would have the same agenda...sneak around, kill people with guns?  And then lose at the end and blow himself up?

:laugh:

Come on man, it's time to move on.  People wanted to see more of the Predator, and his lore and back story and this movie has it, and follows the continuity of Predator and isn't mixed in with Alien bullshit, that in itself has fans hyped so who the hell are you gatekeepers to say what's good and what's not.

And the hate for Upgrade.....

The dudes in P1 and P2  got washed up by humans, weren't able to go back home with their trophies, you "real" fans wanna see another Predator fail for the third time?  Now a supreme example from that clan has come to avenge those deaths and there is another Predator there and that's what's interesting to me more than even the Upgrade...that confrontation...why is it happening?  Because it's different than P1 P2....another Predator blowing himself up because he got his ass kicked...it was cool once, or twice....now it would be lame.

We are dumb people who can't sniff out a good movie?

Jesus Christ man, I get it, Predator was a great movie, mostly because of Tiernen's directing style (the one scene which he didn't, the gun battle, you could see what a mess it would have been had it not been him).  It's why we can watch Predator over again and still feel the tension, even though we know exactly what's going to happen.  Nobody is coming back to recreate that in a new Predator movie.  But still, you're talking about it like it's The Godfather...and you're lumping it's greatness together with P2 which was one of the cheesiest creations of the '90's, started with a sex scene  :laugh:.....but we still loved it, know why?  Because it had our favorite OWLF in it....you know...

A f**kING ALIEN!!!! :laugh: 

Take it easssy...watch the movie, man, it's not gonna kill you.  Life's too short to not enjoy even the fun shitty things, nobody will judge your fanhood, you'll still be the Earth's Number 1 Yaujta Super Fan Guy, ok?

Insulin

Insulin

Love the music, gives me that Fast & Furious 8 fuzzy feeling.....

Xan21

I have no problem with anything cooked up storywise as long it's not overstuffed.... but it's the execution. The predators look unimaginative especially the bigger one. I could have an half hour and come up with a better predator design sketch than this.

But I will go see it.

azamultic

Quote from: Xan21 on Sep 02, 2018, 09:31:20 PM
I have no problem with anything cooked up storywise as long it's not overstuffed.... but it's the execution. The predators look unimaginative especially the bigger one. I could have an half hour and come up with a better predator design sketch than this.

But I will go see it.

Love your cockines man ;D I do like your drawings, but no need to think you better artist then these people in the Industry. I do agree that the design isn't something special, but I do think it was the art direction they went for. I am sure they did have many drafts and variations, why did Shane, Davis, or art director chose these designs I am not sure.  ;)

skull-splitter

Seen Black made the blandest looking Iron Man suit with his obsession for matte gold...

Danversity

I actually like Mark 42 the most out of all Iron Man suits, precisely because I always think it majorly stands out from the rest of them without going too far out in the design.

ZingiLing

ZingiLing

Where the hell is a soundtrack?
If they don't use original Alan Silvestri soundtrack, then this is not Predator.

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

georgeromero

Quote from: Xan21 on Sep 02, 2018, 09:31:20 PM
In my subjective opinion the predators look unimaginative especially the bigger one.

I think I fixed it for you lol.
Why? Because Upgrade looks badass. And that is my subjective opinion.

Seriously all you do is look for something to criticize. Every day I see your posts bashing various aspects of this film.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those people who would say "if you don't like it stop posting here". But it seems everything, I mean literally everything is bothering you about The Predator.

Xan21

I can be way more negative, in this circlejerky movieworld it's ok to give an honest opinion.

It is bothering me... a lot, that we just can't get a good predator movie... for quite a while now.

Hollywood

Quote from: georgeromero on Sep 02, 2018, 11:23:14 PM
Because Upgrade looks badass. And that is my subjective opinion.

I agree Upgrade looks awesome. Especially considering all the worry when whispers of him hit the forum. The direction could have gone way off the mark but what we have based on the trailer is definitely something I'm amped to see.

Ultimately I'm pumped to see Fugitive too.

georgeromero

Quote from: Xan21 on Sep 02, 2018, 11:28:46 PM
I can be way more negative, in this circlejerky movieworld it's ok to give an honest opinion.

It is bothering me... a lot, that we just can't get a good predator movie... for quite a while now.

I think it's your bias that doesn't let you enjoy it for what it is. If I expected P1 I would hate this movie much as you do. That's the problem sequels have to deal with. People always compare them to prequels and nitpick about everything. Like "how the original was 1000 times better" or "how the original movie had this thing correct"...
But I'm giving it a chance. If it ends up satisfying I will watch it in cinema more than once.

Somewhat agree with your second statement about not getting a good predator movie but still can't be sure without watching the whole thing first.

Quote from: Hollywood on Sep 03, 2018, 12:11:40 AM
Quote from: georgeromero on Sep 02, 2018, 11:23:14 PM
Because Upgrade looks badass. And that is my subjective opinion.

I agree Upgrade looks awesome. Especially considering all the worry when whispers of him hit the forum. The direction could have gone way off the mark but what we have based on the trailer is definitely something I'm amped to see.

Ultimately I'm pumped to see Fugitive too.

I love the fact they gave him brutish looks yet they made him nimble.  He's the death machine.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 02, 2018, 11:34:36 AM

Quote from: PredBabe on Sep 01, 2018, 09:22:23 PM
This final trailer is badass. Seeing Fugitive do a bare knuckle beatdown on someone is everything.

Are you referring to fugitive throwing a stargazer dude on the table in the lab, and then hitting him on the chest ? If so, i think he has a scalpel in his hands and he's stabbing the poor lad  :laugh:

Swift, beautiful movement by the way.

Yes that part. He does have a scalpel in his hand doesn't he, all the more awesome! Looking forward to the lab scenes the most.  ;D 

Quote from: Wysps on Sep 02, 2018, 04:47:27 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 02, 2018, 03:50:03 PM
Quote from: azamultic on Sep 02, 2018, 03:27:38 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 02, 2018, 02:58:48 PM
Quote from: azamultic on Sep 02, 2018, 02:09:13 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 02, 2018, 01:26:17 PM

Once again i agree  ;)

I saw almost nobody on here say that there are some really good classic movie shots in this trailer (assassin walking out of the ship in water... gorgeous) and yet people act like it was a direct to video movie sometimes...  ::)

Ohh man I agree, I loved that shot. I feel nod to Predator 1, and AvPR a little bit. ;)

Also loved these shots which were cut. They felt very dynamic!

Also i like that 20 century fox changed their logo on youtube chanel for now  ;)

Exactly ! The assassin walking in water reminded immediately of the first movie ! Same for the one of fugitive in the trees ! Shame that the shot of Williams and McKenna on the APC has been cut, very good shot too.

Ohhh yeees! that moment totally reminded me of the one where predator was looking at Dillon  ;) Loved that moment in trailer! Yehh that shot on tha APC was nice. Also loved that shot

Yes the fog shot is actually my favorite ! Eerie and beautiful.

Also my favorite shot of the trailer, I think.  Makes me almost sympathetic to Upgrade - seeing him isolated, with his dogs as his only "companions".  I think there was an article that sort of pointed out the rough similarities between the Loonies (being outcasts) and the Upgrade being somewhat of an outcast himself, due to
Spoiler
the degree of his hybridization.   
[close]

That is an interesting take. These trailers make me more and more excited for the Upgrade
Spoiler
despite knowing that he annihilates Fugitive.
[close]
I think I've warmed up to the fact that he is the main predator in this movie... somewhat. 

Based on the trailers, it looks like both Predators are going to have a lot of personality established which is exciting to me. This is something that I felt was lacking with the preds in Predators. There are a few times where they basically behave like your typical slasher serial killer as they slowly stalk behind the characters. Just didn't work for me and left a lot to be desired.

skull-splitter

Quote from: Danversity on Sep 02, 2018, 10:34:20 PM
I actually like Mark 42 the most out of all Iron Man suits, precisely because I always think it majorly stands out from the rest of them without going too far out in the design.
It looked rather cheap and generic, more a coccoon than a suit of armor, lacking much of the personality IMO.

Standing out alone doesnt make a great design...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed