The Predator | Final Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX

Started by Tetsujin, Aug 31, 2018, 01:03:07 PM

Author
The Predator | Final Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX (Read 44,229 times)

ChanceVance

Why do people get so worked up whether people enjoy a movie or not? Have debates about things you like/didn't like and be baffled at some curious opinions but why insult people and belittle them on account of taste?   

Life is too short to worry about such things. I mean a lot of people are going to see this film and some of them might even enjoy it a lot. If that bothers you then I guess that's just too damn bad lol

skull-splitter

Because some people who'll enjoy this film might be wrong, that's why.

All I need to know is if I feel there is potential left or ruined after this film. If it is succesful for all the wrong reasons in my book, I'm probably better off sticking to the old films.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: skull-splitter on Sep 02, 2018, 12:13:05 PM

All I need to know is if I feel there is potential left or ruined after this film. If it is succesful for all the wrong reasons in my book, I'm probably better off sticking to the old films.

"In your book"... Nuff said.

azamultic

"Because some people who'll enjoy this film might be wrong, that's why." seriously? I pesonally may not like Kubrik's movies, or Rodley Scott's "Blade Runner" but it doesn't mean thy are not good movies, it's just not my taste. One thing is when movie officially and objectively BAAAD (which to be honest is hard to determine) but another thing is when your taste is just different. People mixing up the objective view and subjective opinion.
Example: I personally love Predator 2 the most, Predator 2 is my favorite movie. Would I say that it's objectivly better then Predator 1, nope. Predator 2 worse then Predator 1, but for me is the best movie. I know I am subjective on Predator 2 and I am not trying to shove it to people's faces that Predator 2 is freaking best movie on the planet, and if you not liking it you don't have taste.  ;D
The Predator didn't come out yet, I already spoke that it could suck, but making really confident assumption about something you didn't see yet, is pretty arrogant.  And also telling people that they like the movie, because they don't have no taste and knowledge what makes movie good, is just silly. Movie didn't come out yet. ;)
PS: Sorry for grammar  :)

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: azamultic on Sep 02, 2018, 12:50:16 PM

"Because some people who'll enjoy this film might be wrong, that's why." seriously? I pesonally may not like Kubrik's movies, or Rodley Scott's "Blade Runner" but it doesn't mean thy are not good movies, it's just not my taste. One thing is when movie officially and objectively BAAAD (which to be honest is hard to determine) but another thing is when your taste is just different. People mixing up the objective view and subjective opinion.
Example: I personally love Predator 2 the most, Predator 2 is my favorite movie. Would I say that it's objectivly better then Predator 1, nope. Predator 2 worse then Predator 1, but for me is the best movie. I know I am subjective on Predator 2 and I am not trying to shove it to people's faces that Predator 2 is freaking best movie on the planet, and if you not liking it you don't have taste.  ;D
The Predator didn't come out yet, I already spoke that it could suck, but making really confident assumption about something you didn't see yet, is pretty arrogant.  And also telling people that they like the movie, because they don't have no taste and knowledge what makes movie good, is just silly. Movie didn't come out yet. ;)
PS: Sorry for grammar  :)

Once again i agree  ;)

I saw almost nobody on here say that there are some really good classic movie shots in this trailer (assassin walking out of the ship in water... gorgeous) and yet people act like it was a direct to video movie sometimes...  ::)

Magegg

We're in a forum where there's an inmense division over:
Alien 3
Predators
Prometheus
Alien: Covenant
We're not stopping anytime soon :P

I think our differences in taste just makes us a stronger community, for the case :)

azamultic

azamultic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 02, 2018, 01:26:17 PM

Once again i agree  ;)

I saw almost nobody on here say that there are some really good classic movie shots in this trailer (assassin walking out of the ship in water... gorgeous) and yet people act like it was a direct to video movie sometimes...  ::)

Ohh man I agree, I loved that shot. I feel nod to Predator 1, and AvPR a little bit. ;)

Also loved these shots which were cut. They felt very dynamic!

Also i like that 20 century fox changed their logo on youtube chanel for now  ;)

ELDERCLANLEADER

To be honest.. it's really just the cast and Shane black that's going to make me buy my ticket. And it's them who will save the film. If it is a good film it demonstrates Shane blacks talent as a good director. If this wasn't predator I'd probably pass. I'm not a fan of the predator designs or the ideas going on here. It's going to be miracle if this film is good.

Corporal Hicks

Absolutely not. Look, we've all got our opinions. It's good to discussion them. What is not acceptable is insulting others for their opinions over a fictional series - and that goes either way, good or bad. If people can't abide by the simple rule that is Be Nice & Respecful then you're not welcome here. It's as simple as that.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: azamultic on Sep 02, 2018, 02:09:13 PM

Once again i agree  ;)

Ohh man I agree, I loved that shot. I feel nod to Predator 1, and AvPR a little bit. ;)

Also i like that 20 century fox changed their logo on youtube chanel for now  ;)

Exactly ! The assassin walking in water reminded immediately of the first movie ! Same for the one of fugitive in the trees ! Shame that the shot of Williams and McKenna on the APC has been cut, very good shot too.

azamultic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 02, 2018, 02:58:48 PM

Once again i agree  ;)

Exactly ! The assassin walking in water reminded immediately of the first movie ! Same for the one of fugitive in the trees ! Shame that the shot of Williams and McKenna on the APC has been cut, very good shot too.

Ohhh yeees! that moment totally reminded me of the one where predator was looking at Dillon  ;) Loved that moment in trailer! Yehh that shot on tha APC was nice. Also loved that shot

Danversity

Our react is out, showing some brazilian love for The Predator.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: azamultic on Sep 02, 2018, 03:27:38 PM

Once again i agree  ;)

Ohhh yeees! that moment totally reminded me of the one where predator was looking at Dillon  ;) Loved that moment in trailer! Yehh that shot on tha APC was nice. Also loved that shot

Yes the fog shot is actually my favorite ! Eerie and beautiful.

azamultic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 02, 2018, 03:50:03 PM

Yes! I am no cameraman expert, but I do think that SHane Black and Larry Fong is a pretty good team up  ;)

Wysps

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 02, 2018, 03:50:03 PM
Quote from: azamultic on Sep 02, 2018, 03:27:38 PM

Once again i agree  ;)

Also my favorite shot of the trailer, I think.  Makes me almost sympathetic to Upgrade - seeing him isolated, with his dogs as his only "companions".  I think there was an article that sort of pointed out the rough similarities between the Loonies (being outcasts) and the Upgrade being somewhat of an outcast himself, due to
Spoiler
the degree of his hybridization.   
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed