The Predator | Final Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX

Started by Tetsujin, Aug 31, 2018, 01:03:07 PM

Author
The Predator | Final Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX (Read 44,322 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Xan21 on Aug 31, 2018, 10:13:38 PM
Fallen Kingdom had a great director... movie was still terrible.

For you.

And the line "shove me again i'm gonna break your neck" is a nod to the last boy scout.

Opposite a lot of people hating on it becuase they are such a strong fans of "Predator" race, not a movie it self.
[/quote]

+ 1000

Xan21

For a lot of people, it got a lot of bad reviews from fans.

When a movie goes for 'nods' or rehashes actual shots from original (fallen kingdom) it's a major turn off. A nod to another movie from the director I don't mind much though.

bobcunk

In English or a predator language?

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Xan21 on Sep 01, 2018, 11:30:53 AM
For a lot of people, it got a lot of bad reviews from fans.

When a movie goes for 'nods' or rehashes actual shots from original (fallen kingdom) it's a major turn off. A nod to another movie from the director I don't mind much though.

Fans sometimes don't know squad about cinema though.

Xan21

Xan21

You sound just like BD Wong... "Only people in the movie business know what good filmmaking is..." . That is just bogus. Fallen Kingdom was atrocious... such bad acting, artificial feel, overstuffed with cg (ok JW was worse).

I hope The Predator has a more crafty feel than what we see here in the trailers... lots of cgi... even the gore effects.... ugh.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Yautja_Warrior on Sep 01, 2018, 07:44:16 AM
Quote from: Xan21 on Sep 01, 2018, 12:45:44 AM
Quote from: Yautja_Warrior on Aug 31, 2018, 11:41:28 PM
When Fugitive first sees the upgrade he needs to say "what the hell are you ?" or "You're one ugly motherf**ker"

Missed opportunity if he doesn't.

Glad you're not in charge

Well you're no fun. ;)

I mean, someones probably gonna say one of those lines anyway, so might as well give it to the Predator this time, just to have some fun with it, seeing as this could be the last Predator movie in a good while, I say have at it and go all out with a bang.
Both lines have already been said (fully on the first, partially on the second) by Predators.  And personally I hope they give the re-used lines a rest for once.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Xan21 on Sep 01, 2018, 12:03:12 PM
You sound just like BD Wong... "Only people in the movie business know what good filmmaking is..." . That is just bogus. Fallen Kingdom was atrocious... such bad acting, artificial feel, overstuffed with cg (ok JW was worse).

I hope The Predator has a more crafty feel than what we see here in the trailers... lots of cgi... even the gore effects.... ugh.

For the gore i agree, but for the rest of the CGI stuff... I mean it's a movie of our era, and that often comes with it.

Back on topic, i remember Hicks asked what was the thing the assassin had in his hand in the foggy shot with the two dogs... Well after this final trailer it seems it's a piece of clothing from Rory, he probably found it in his house/basement, since we know the assassin will get there, as he is seen stabbing someone in this location. I like how he use it to track Rory with the dogs smelling abilities.

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 01, 2018, 12:33:07 PM
Well after this final trailer it seems it's a piece of clothing from Rory, he probably found it in his house/basement, since we know the assassin will get there, as he is seen stabbing someone in this location.

Yeah, that's it. :)

And now, about the space ships.
Spoiler
It seems that the Ark will blow up and Assassin will try to leave Earth towards the end of the film with the other/mother ship...on which he arrived.
[close]

Good change I think if we see the script in which
Spoiler
we did not know anything about the mother ship after Assassin arrived. We did not even know where it landed.
[close]

Oh...and one more...
Anybody noticed that
Spoiler
what we have seen so far as a Predator ship is most likely the Assassin's ship (mother ship)...not the Ark? :)
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Xerxész on Sep 01, 2018, 01:29:59 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 01, 2018, 12:33:07 PM
Well after this final trailer it seems it's a piece of clothing from Rory, he probably found it in his house/basement, since we know the assassin will get there, as he is seen stabbing someone in this location.

Yeah, that's it. :)

And now, about the space ships.
Spoiler
It seems that the Ark will blow up and Assassin will try to leave Earth towards the end of the film with the other/mother ship...on which he arrived.
[close]

Good change I think if we see the script in which
Spoiler
we did not know anything about the mother ship after Assassin arrived. We did not even know where it landed.
[close]

Oh...and one more...
Anybody noticed that
Spoiler
what we have seen so far as a Predator ship is most likely the Assassin's ship (mother ship)...not the Ark? :)
[close]

In the script
Spoiler
that's the ark that landed in Florida right ? The fugitive's escape pod crashed in Mexico but the ark continued his course till Florida ? My memory gives me trouble lol
[close]

And yes i think we only clearly saw assassin's ship so far.

Xerxész

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 01, 2018, 02:12:03 PM
In the script
Spoiler
that's the ark that landed in Florida right ? The fugitive's escape pod crashed in Mexico but the ark continued his course till Florida ?
[close]

Correct.
Spoiler
Fugitive's escape pod lands in Mexico (Cuba in the script), the Ark lands somewhere in Florida in cloak mode (maybe not changed in the film, but I don't know that quarry area where the Ark is in the film, is where exactly) and Assassin's ship lands...somewhere...we don't know where. Neither in the script, nor in the film...but most likely Florida as well (judging from the swampish environment.)
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

But where do you think this quarry is located though ? Sure don't look like Florida.

Subsidiary question : do you think the assassin's wristblade IS the harpoon weapon ? It doesn't seem attached to any cable when fired in the final trailer so probably not.

And by the way
Spoiler
could Stargazer retrieved the ark and transported it somehow in the quarry/stargazer base location ?
[close]

Xerxész

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 01, 2018, 02:23:44 PM
But where do you think this quarry is located though ? Sure don't look like Florida.

I don't know. :) The place is in a forest, that's the only clear thing for now.
Spoiler
But do not forget, that nobody knows where the Ark lands. That's a key part in the script when Rory decodes the Predator symbols and finds the location of the Ark. ;)
[close]

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 01, 2018, 02:23:44 PM
And by the way
Spoiler
could Stargazer retrieved the ark and transported it somehow in the quarry/stargazer base location ?
[close]

That's my guess judging from the reshoots.
Spoiler
In the script General Woodhurst (Edward James Olmos) wants the Ark transported to him at the military base because of the hybrids after Fugitive's death. We already know that EJO and the military part are cut out completely, so this is when my theory comes in: Traeger wants the Ark for himself and tries to transport it back to the Stargazer base. Assassin follows them, attacks the base and blows up the Ark (or it blows up as an accident, I don't know) and starts to hunt the main heroes down.
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

I really wonder what Rory's role is gonna be after all the changes, i mean will he take a big part in the story like initially planned, or will it be toned down... I'm eager to see !

Xerxész

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 01, 2018, 02:47:46 PM
I really wonder what Rory's role is gonna be after all the changes, i mean will he take a big part in the story like initially planned, or will it be toned down... I'm eager to see !

That part doesn't changed. I'm totally sure.
Spoiler
Still he is the most evolved human "warrior" the Assassin wants.
Just think about it: except the very first trailer they left out Rory from every footage. They showed us Assassin, they showed Fugitive's death at SDCC. Those who have not read the script these elements would be everything...now they think: "they showed us everything already?"
The filmmakers have to keep plot twists in secret in order to let everybody be surprised at the premiere.
That surprise will be Rory's role. ;)
[close]

Ingwar

Quote from: David 8 on Sep 01, 2018, 09:02:21 AM
Quote from: Ingwar on Aug 31, 2018, 09:41:49 PM
Quote from: David 8 on Aug 31, 2018, 09:21:23 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Aug 31, 2018, 09:18:57 PM
Quote from: Hollywood on Aug 31, 2018, 08:54:58 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Aug 31, 2018, 08:45:02 PM
This trailer looks generic. And that line: I'll break your neck. Seriously?

What's wrong with the line?

It's lame. It's cliche. And above all it's said by a guy who doesn't look intimidating at all. I just don't buy it.

We're not in the 80s anymore. The roided up hero is no more.

It's nothing to do with 80s. Boyd Holbrook (I have nothing against him as a person) isn't tailored to be the main lead in Predator movie. I simply cannot feel it.

Based on what exactly? I was unaware there was a criteria for lead actors in a Predator movie.

What a ridiculous thing to say.

Based on what? It's just my opinion. That's all it is. Nothing else than that. For me it's just matter on intuition and good taste. I see an actor/actress and can tell if he/she is suitable for a lead role. In case of Holbrook computer says NO.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed