The Predator | Final Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX

Started by Tetsujin, Aug 31, 2018, 01:03:07 PM

Author
The Predator | Final Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX (Read 43,874 times)

Xan21

Quote from: Magegg on Aug 31, 2018, 10:18:43 PM
Quote from: Xan21 on Aug 31, 2018, 10:00:03 PM
80's ? It just looks middle of the road just like AvP 2 did just with a better cast...  cartoony gore, dark generic look, boring setting, check check check. But some fans will like it just for the sake that it is another predator movie just like another lame jurassic sequel.
We can't be sure of that until watching the movie.

I think it has some of the campy charm of the original Predator, remember that movie's first half is all macho soldier thing.

The first 30 minutes yes... but there was so much feel of dread from the characters after Hawkins is killed and it was never zany or off putting after that. I will at least go see it in cinema...

Wysps

Quote from: Magegg on Aug 31, 2018, 10:18:43 PM
80's ? It just looks middle of the road just like AvP 2 did just with a better cast...  cartoony gore, dark generic look, boring setting, check check check. But some fans will like it just for the sake that it is another predator movie just like another lame jurassic sequel.
We can't be sure of that until watching the movie.

I think it has some of the campy charm of the original Predator, remember that movie's first half is all macho soldier thing.

Exactly. It's pretty unjust to paint the movie as those things, when we've actually been shown the opposite in previous trailers (ie daylight scenes, multiple environments, etc.) Yes there are some setting similarities with AvPR, but the dynamic between the cast is so much different. They actually are shown to interact on a different level, besides stress/tension fueled. I think the film could very well be perfect for what the movie is trying to achieve or portray itself as.

blood.

blood.

Quote from: Ingwar on Aug 31, 2018, 09:18:57 PM
Quote from: Hollywood on Aug 31, 2018, 08:54:58 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Aug 31, 2018, 08:45:02 PM
This trailer looks generic. And that line: I'll break your neck. Seriously?

What's wrong with the line?

It's lame. It's cliche. And above all it's said by a guy who doesn't look intimidating at all. I just don't buy it.

same, communication overall is not about just the words spoken, but the tone, the body language, the positioning/perspective, etc and someone like shane black would know this. Makes me think this might be a running gag that while this guy is in custody he's getting pushed around etc and the power dynamic will be immediately reversed when chit hits the fan.

The trailer looks good though! I really hope the comedy fades and the action/horror takes over as the movie progresses! The action looks good! The way the predators look/move seems far more powerful and imposing here then ever. I really want to see an AVP movie now with this level of effects and direction.

"People are dying. We need guns."

lol

Jurassic world didn't actually have any main characters. Just some people to follow who didn't have any arcs etc. The plot itself was treated as the main character and that barely ever works in stories / films.. We already know this new predator film doesn't have that problem.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Its not a problem if some aren't liking what they see, thats to be expected of any film. But the gatekeeping is garbage, your opinion on this film is not a reflection on your status as a fan. Saying fans who like what ghey are seeing will just like anything with a predator in it is bs.

I thought avpr was terrible and was lukewarm on predators and avp. I think this looks great.

Yautja_Warrior

When Fugitive first sees the upgrade he needs to say "what the hell are you ?" or "You're one ugly motherf**ker"

Missed opportunity if he doesn't.

Ramjet311

Strange Alfie Allen kept his British Accent for this. But i do recall reading somewhere his characters backstory was he was in the foreign legion

Xan21

Quote from: Yautja_Warrior on Aug 31, 2018, 11:41:28 PM
When Fugitive first sees the upgrade he needs to say "what the hell are you ?" or "You're one ugly motherf**ker"

Glad you're not in charge

KiramidHead

Great trailer, really has me feeling better about the reshoots. Holbrook is cool, and Jane will likely be a scene stealer. One thing, though. All these trailers and they still haven't used the "Goddamn space aliens." line. Shame.

Prometheusfire08

Prometheusfire08

In AVPR if you had stolen predator tech instead of Xeno outbreak

Had seasoned soldiers instead of teens

Had a giant predator instead of a predatorXenomorph

blood.

Quote from: Prometheusfire08 on Sep 01, 2018, 01:54:43 AM

It's like die hard! Except with a group of mercs instead of bruce willis! Some preds instead of terrorists! A rainforest instead of a building!

Actually...

It's like finding nemo!

Except with army dudes instead of fish and instead of trying to find a son they're trying to find a vicious space alien sports hunter!... I mean predator!

OMG GOODNESS!!!

IT"S LIKE A STRUCTURED STORY WITH MAIN CHARACTERS, A PROBLEM, AND AN ANTAGONIST!!!

von

Quote from: blood. on Sep 01, 2018, 05:11:49 AM
Quote from: Prometheusfire08 on Sep 01, 2018, 01:54:43 AM

It's like die hard! Except with a group of mercs instead of bruce willis! Some preds instead of terrorists! A rainforest instead of a building!

Actually...

It's like finding nemo!

Except with army dudes instead of fish and instead of trying to find a son they're trying to find a vicious space alien sports hunter!... I mean predator!

OMG GOODNESS!!!

IT"S LIKE A STRUCTURED STORY WITH MAIN CHARACTERS, A PROBLEM, AND AN ANTAGONIST!!!

😂😂 you tell him

KiramidHead

It's nothing like AVPR. It's not lit like crap, so I can tell what's going on it.

whiterabbit

I still have no freaking idea what the story is about but if that movie is as good as this trailer. I don't think it f**king matters. :P

Upgrade looked f'n awesome and holy shit it appears that he may have a grudge or two to settle.

Yautja_Warrior

Quote from: Xan21 on Sep 01, 2018, 12:45:44 AM
Quote from: Yautja_Warrior on Aug 31, 2018, 11:41:28 PM

Glad you're not in charge

Well you're no fun. ;)

I mean, someones probably gonna say one of those lines anyway, so might as well give it to the Predator this time, just to have some fun with it, seeing as this could be the last Predator movie in a good while, I say have at it and go all out with a bang.

Brzrkr

Quote from: Ingwar on Aug 31, 2018, 09:41:49 PM
Quote from: David 8 on Aug 31, 2018, 09:21:23 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Aug 31, 2018, 09:18:57 PM
Quote from: Hollywood on Aug 31, 2018, 08:54:58 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Aug 31, 2018, 08:45:02 PM
This trailer looks generic. And that line: I'll break your neck. Seriously?

What's wrong with the line?

It's lame. It's cliche. And above all it's said by a guy who doesn't look intimidating at all. I just don't buy it.

We're not in the 80s anymore. The roided up hero is no more.

It's nothing to do with 80s. Boyd Holbrook (I have nothing against him as a person) isn't tailored to be the main lead in Predator movie. I simply cannot feel it.

Based on what exactly? I was unaware there was a criteria for lead actors in a Predator movie.

What a ridiculous thing to say.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed