The Predator | Final Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX

Started by Tetsujin, Aug 31, 2018, 01:03:07 PM

Author
The Predator | Final Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX (Read 41,866 times)

Hollywood

Hollywood

Quote from: Ingwar on Aug 31, 2018, 09:18:57 PM
Quote from: Hollywood on Aug 31, 2018, 08:54:58 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Aug 31, 2018, 08:45:02 PM
This trailer looks generic. And that line: I'll break your neck. Seriously?

What's wrong with the line?

It's lame. It's cliche. And above all it's said by a guy who doesn't look intimidating at all. I just don't buy it.

Meanwhile we keep pretending Bruce Willis was ever imposing or in great shape :laugh:

huntin8-t0n

Maybe it's just me but I feel zero excitement. This trailer looks generic. And that line: I'll break your neck. Seriously? Hope the movie is better.

Yea, because someone calling out for some other guy, invitin him to insert a grenade launcher to his rectum full of scars (an existing line in a movie we all know) sounds much more creative. It all depends on the acting, and Hollbrook gives a good impression. And to be frank, the movie looks less and less generic for me, each time they release anthing about it. Hope it'll be good.

Ingwar

Quote from: David 8 on Aug 31, 2018, 09:21:23 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Aug 31, 2018, 09:18:57 PM
Quote from: Hollywood on Aug 31, 2018, 08:54:58 PM
This trailer looks generic. And that line: I'll break your neck. Seriously?

What's wrong with the line?

It's lame. It's cliche. And above all it's said by a guy who doesn't look intimidating at all. I just don't buy it.

We're not in the 80s anymore. The roided up hero is no more.

It's nothing to do with 80s. Boyd Holbrook (I have nothing against him as a person) isn't tailored to be the main lead in Predator movie. I simply cannot feel it.

Huggs

Oh we're close enough to the 80's alright. This movie feels more 80's than even the original did. It's like the dream team vs predator. A group of looney dudes, and crazies dropping humor. This feels like a Michael Keaton movie. It's like Beverly Hills Cop. Shane can say whatever he wants, this was, and likely still is a group comedy with a backbone of seriousness. All it needs is some synthesizer, and it's good to go.

426Buddy

Looks f*cking great, i can't wait to see this.

Magegg

Magegg

Well done, trailer. Can't wait for the movie :D

Xan21

80's ? It just looks middle of the road just like AvP 2 did just with a better cast...  cartoony gore, dark generic look, boring setting, check check check. But some fans will like it just for the sake that it is another predator movie just like another lame jurassic sequel.

Hollywood

"Just with a better cast" like the director and dialogue isn't undoubtedly better than Requiem lol

Xan21

Fallen Kingdom had a great director... movie was still terrible.

azamultic

Quote from: Xan21 on Aug 31, 2018, 10:00:03 PM
80's ? It just looks middle of the road just like AvP 2 did just with a better cast...  cartoony gore, dark generic look, boring setting, check check check. But some fans will like it just for the sake that it is another predator movie just like another lame jurassic sequel.

I am a fan of Predator movie, and also I am a fan of just movies. I am always open for a new take on predator, you never know where you going to get lucky. But it's a false argument that people like this movie becuase it's another predator movie. Opposite a lot of people hating on it becuase they are such a strong fans of "Predator" race, not a movie it self. Now, I am open to this movie the same way I was open to AvP, AvPR, Predators. Are they good movies? Not for me, I am not fan of these movies at all, but it doesn't stop me personally from continue being open for another try. So no, if this movie going to be terrible for me, I will admit it. I am not going to like movie only because predator was in it.

Hollywood

Quote from: Xan21 on Aug 31, 2018, 10:13:38 PM

So was the one before Fallen Kingdom but these bad movies aren't requiem bad.

My original statement to you still stands.

Magegg

Quote from: Xan21 on Aug 31, 2018, 10:00:03 PM
We can't be sure of that until watching the movie.

I think it has some of the campy charm of the original Predator, remember that movie's first half is all macho soldier thing.

Ramjet311

I had complete and utter faith from day 1 and this trailer confirms that. Amazing!!

Magegg

Quote from: Ramjet311 on Aug 31, 2018, 10:21:21 PM
I had complete and utter faith from day 1 and this trailer confirms that. Amazing!!
You know... I was the complete opposite. I think the movie looked terrible from the first trailers.

BUT, after this, I'm leaning to theorize the movie could have always been a gem, only the trailers didn't know how to sell it.

We won't know either case, until we see the movie. But damn, I want to see it.

KillCrites

Quote from: Xan21 on Aug 31, 2018, 10:13:38 PM
Shane Black is writing too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed