The Predator | Final Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX

Started by Tetsujin, Aug 31, 2018, 01:03:07 PM

Author
The Predator | Final Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX (Read 41,893 times)

azamultic

Quote from: Danversity on Sep 05, 2018, 07:06:04 PM
Right, but we can't really blame Rodriguez for that. We're always crediting Predators to him, but he didn't direct that movie. He only produced it, and wrote the very very first draft of the script that was mostly scrapped. Nimród Antal was the director, and any issues the film may have had on the portrayal of the Predators and characters are his fault a lot more than they are Rodriguez's. Rodriguez himself is a brilliant director, if he had actually directed Predators, it would've been a completely different movie.

well as a Producer he had a lot of shots to call, so he could see where everything is going, and him being a director too and also more experienced guy then Nimrod, I puting a lot of responsobility on him, even though it could be not fair I agree. I guess it's only because He dissed Predator 2, I don't think Nimrod dissed Predator 2 in interview  ;D

The Old One

The Old One

I don't think Nimrod Antal should have directed it, in fact I don't know why Robert Rodriguez didn't.

Danversity

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 05, 2018, 07:40:34 PM
I don't think Nimrod Antal should have directed it, in fact I don't know why Robert Rodriguez didn't.

Neither do I tbh.

The Old One

The Old One

Unless RR was focused on family or a subject close to the chest; I believe it a massively wasted opportunity.

KiramidHead

I think Rodriguez was busy with the first Machete at the time, it was out mere months after Preds.

The Old One

The Old One

Machete is great, still wish we could've waited a while to get his Predators.

BigDaddyJohn

Honestly from a technical standpoint, Rodriguez isn't that skilled, and showed lazyness in the behind the scenes of some of his films, but that's another topic.  ;)

skull-splitter

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 05, 2018, 07:40:34 PM
Same.

Nathsp

I do like predator 2, well not at the beggining but after years i ended liking it a lot, and city hunter design was beautifull.
That also happened with predators, in the cinema i was dissappointed, but rewatching it, its not that bad, it has interesting ideas, hounds (that doesnt have dreads..), the falcon, another planet... The film doesnt develop it well but its a film i ended liking.
Avp is massive hated, but i dont think its that bad, the whole idea is interesting, problem is the timeline, it should have been the future, and not in the earth, a d some colonial marines please

Danversity

Danversity

I agree with Nathsp on that one. I don't think either of the AVP films are massive disasters, to me they're just very mediocres. I've been through worse. They do have interesting ideas, and as much as they could've worked fine in the setting and context they chose for those movies, I think it's just a much better idea in general to make it in the future.

If they do AVP again now after The Predator, I don't think I'll want a film immediately set on the future tho, because it looks like they plan to develop it across the films before making an AVP crossover, like a proper shared universe, and I'm completely down for that if they pull it off. But we'll see, this film has to be a success first.

The Old One

The Old One

Hopefully get Matt Hatton and Dane Hallett design a decent PredAlien.

SiL

Dave Dorman nailed it about two decades ago and we've been going backwards since then.

The Old One

The Old One

I disagree, Spaghetti Bastard did it better in every respect.
Dave Dorman's design is lacking.

SiL

No disrespect to Spaghetti, but strongly disagree. Dorman's design was beautiful and flowing and would've looked amazing on screen.

PartyPosse

PartyPosse

still very undecided but im gonna level with you guys. the hounds, they are trash, straight up dumpster juice. why would they change the entire species of the dogs when they already established a breed of hunting dogs in predators but instead we get these goofy looking dreadlocked mutts.

all i wanted was a movie where the predator was treated like the real threat they are but the studio and directors always insist that he just isnt enough they gotta be super predators or bio enhanced gene spliced i dont know sorry im venting i know im prob in the minority and sound like a debbie downer

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed